Adventure Portofino Menu

On our 4 cruises we've always eaten one meal at Chops and loved it. Since there's no Chops on Adventure, a question: Since Portofino is the only specialty restaurant on the ship, is it a heavily Italian menu, or do they have several steaks, etc with more variety than a Portifino on a ship that also has Chops?

The Portofino menu on AOS is the same as on the other ships... there is 1 steak offered...and it IS EXCELLENT!! I enjoyed the steak in Porto...much better than the one in Chops...

Just go to the Royal Caribbean web site and type Portofinos Menu into the "search" area. The menus for Chops and Portofinos are online there. Occasionally there may be a "special" during any particular cruise, but for the most part the menu on the Royal Caribbean web site is what you get.

On our 4 cruises we've always eaten one meal at Chops and loved it. Since there's no Chops on Adventure, a question: Since Portofino is the only specialty restaurant on the ship, is it a heavily Italian menu, or do they have several steaks, etc with more variety than a Portifino on a ship that also has Chops?

As previous posters have stated, the menus are all the same fleet wide. Although Portofino is billed as Italian type food, I have found it to be a more Continental menu. You will not find lasagna or anything of that sort on the menu.

For your viewing pleasure....

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/Portofino_Menu.pdf

As previous posters have stated, the menus are all the same fleet wide. Although Portofino is billed as Italian type food, I have found it to be a more Continental menu. You will not find lasagna or anything of that sort on the menu.

For your viewing pleasure....

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/Portofino_Menu.pdf

Thanks so much for posting this now I am more hungry than I was!!:D

They called it a "Dessert Sampler" (obviously!). The top left was good, some sort of White Chocolate "Mousse" they called it. Going clockwise, the next was the Tiramisu.... Absolutely out of this world!!! I had a full one the next night. Next was a Panna Cotta, just OK, but then I'm not a Panna Cotta fan. And bottom left was a Flourless Chocolate Cake... Excellent again!

The dessert for the wine pairing was a lovely Strawberry Crepe. My husband is not really a crepe fan, but cleaned his plate! :)

Here's a shot of the full size Tiramisu (the upper right is Kahlua with cream!):

3764837388_315e80d7e2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from AOS 7/19 to 7/26. The Portofino menu was excellent with many items, including a very tender filet. I had a skewer of lobster, shrimp. scallops and mussels which was excellent. There is a spaghetti and mussels appetizer that is out of this world.

The service and attentiveness was outstanding.

Just returned from AOS 7/19 to 7/26. The Portofino menu was excellent with many items, including a very tender filet. I had a skewer of lobster, shrimp. scallops and mussels which was excellent. There is a spaghetti and mussels appetizer that is out of this world.

The service and attentiveness was outstanding.

We were with Jeff on the sailing! My husband also had the skewer, and I'm still kicking myself for not taking a photo of that one. The presentation was lovely, and the skewer excellent as Jeff said.

There is no way you could possibly make room for seconds if you get one each of appetizer, salad, pasta dish, entree and dessert! Also, to start they bring a bread and dipping sauce assortment, even before you order!

The flourless cake is by far our favorite dessert of all!! And when we went to Portofino's while on the AOS, we made sure they knew it. And wouldn't you know that we all had several of them brought out to the table. Most of us had the filet which was awesome!!

In the MDR I know we have been able to order a second serving or and extra appitizer etc. Is it the same in Portofinos?

~Connie

You will be STUFFED by the time you eat everything that is presented! They had to roll me out the door!:D

In the MDR I know we have been able to order a second serving or and extra appitizer etc. Is it the same in Portofinos?

~Connie

Please keep in mind that everything is cooked to order unlike the dining room where the food is sitting under warming lamps. The portions are also larger than those in the dining room.

If you order an appetizer, soup, salad and an entree', you will be stuffed to the gills. They also bring out fantastic breads with yummy spreads. And then there is the desert course.....

You don't see people tasting a bit of this and a bit of that like they do in the dining room. ;)

Archived