"LIVE" from Freedom of the Seas / Aug 2, 2009

Radio

You were up very early this morning taking pictures, but then I would be rather up early on a cruise ship, than sleeping in at home.

Once again thank you for all the beautiful pictures, and commentary - it brought back many memories. All good.

Have a safe trip home, and look forward to your next cruise.

Hello everyone. . . I left the ship at about 930AM (When they made the Final call). . .and I stopped over to the Radisson resort at the Port for a cup of Starbucks. . .(Mmmmm. . .I really miss Starbucks !)

After reading through the thread. . .Oooops ! It seems that I may not have answered a few questions :o

I will try to regroup and answer many of them on my way home. My train leaves this afternoon, and I will be home tomorrow. . .

I was able to get a few pics from several of the staterooms that were requested as well.

Thanks for tuning in !

Thanks for the nice comments. . .

Radio

My Final view of the ship. . . .

Freedom of the Seas

V11.JPG

(This image taken today by me, from the top of the Parking Garage)

Edited by Radio

Boy somehow I feel like I'm suffering from PCD-- and if I feel like that now---who knows what I'm going to be feeling after my cruise in Sept--even if I do have another cruise booked after that---

Cheers and thank you so much again

I can hardly wait to see what cabins you managed to get pictures of--especially if my friends are going to be staying in them.

April

Gary yes i do remember Dad and so so sorry for your loss. Enjoy Mom and make the cruise a great one...

Beej... It was so nice to cruise with you again albeit virtual. We will sail together again.. promise...

Djay... actually it was a September Boston to Bermuda.. but i envy your upcoming cruise.. you will love it. I on the other hand will severely miss the NCL Majesty at it and her staff was always my favorite.

Radio... Thank you once again..look forward to the next one. safe travels home to Baltimore.. I love the train. let me know how long it takes will you? Ive always wanted to do it.. See you soon

your ole pal

Hey everyone ya know that you could "subscribe" to this thread and go thru it over and over again to re-read Radio's commentary and look at all his pictures........then it would be like we're still cruisin :D........this is what I just did.......

Thank you, thank you Radio........what a fun week this has been and I'll enjoy it again and again until we head out to sea in October on the Enchantment........

Blessings to you and the Mrs.......

Radio,

Thank you so much for letting us travel with you this week. I look forward to your next cruise, and esp your upcoming cruise on the "Oasis" in March. Happy Sailing.

Have a safe trip home and may the sun never set on your adventures and dreams.

2009%2008%2006_by%20PegEgg_0157.JPG

Radio, chiming in here with all the others. This is the best live thread I've seen, your photos literally make you feel as if you were there. Thanks for taking the time to do this and BTW, I raised a glass to you last Sunday as you sailed past our balcony!!

Lynda

PS Would like to her about the train journey, did you leave from Sanford or Winter Park?

Hello Radio!

Once again, your live thread is awesome! You did one just before my first cruise on Mariner about 5 years ago, you had me hooked on cruising before I ever stepped on the ship.

I have a question about the picture below.

It says coming October 2009. Do you have an idea of what is included in the upgrade and what parts are suppose to be done by then? Everything? Roller Coaster?

Thanks again for the live posts, they are truly the best.

P20-vi.jpg

Radio, chiming in here with all the others. This is the best live thread I've seen, your photos literally make you feel as if you were there. Thanks for taking the time to do this and BTW, I raised a glass to you last Sunday as you sailed past our balcony!!

Lynda

PS Would like to her about the train journey, did you leave from Sanford or Winter Park?

Thanks for the nice comments. . . I am taking the AutoTrain home. There are only 2 stations for the AutoTrain. . .There is one Sanford, FL and one in Lorton, VA .

I only have about 80 mi to drive home from there. . .

I know, I know it is cheaper to fly. . .(and Quicker !)

I love the AutoTrain ! :rolleyes:

Radio

;);)

Hello Radio!

Once again, your live thread is awesome! You did one just before my first cruise on Mariner about 5 years ago, you had me hooked on cruising before I ever stepped on the ship.

I have a question about the picture below.

It says coming October 2009. Do you have an idea of what is included in the upgrade and what parts are suppose to be done by then? Everything? Roller Coaster?

Thanks again for the live posts, they are truly the best.

P20-vi.jpg

Hi Orange ! Thanks for the nice comments.

I have some photos of the Labadee Cafe under construction. . .I will try to search through my drive while traveling home.

It didn't look like (to me), that it would be ready anytime soon. The sign shown here was on the fence that surrounds the project.

I have lots more pics from Labadee. . I will try to ge them up here as well.

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Radio,

I want to find out where we can go for snorkling where you can just walk from the beach and the water is not that deep like we have it at St. Thomas's Coki beach.

7 Mile Beach in Grand Cayman, is a very soft and shallow beach area.

Radio

Hi Orange ! Thanks for the nice comments.

I have some photos of the Labadee Cafe under construction. . .I will try to search through my drive while traveling home.

It didn't look like (to me), that it would be ready anytime soon. The sign shown here was on the fence that surrounds the project.

I have lots more pics from Labadee. . I will try to ge them up here as well.

Radio

radio how is the freedom it still look good new?

Radio,

Once again, thank you so very much for the great pictures. Glad to hear that you and the Mrs. had a great cruise and beautiful weather. Have a safe return home.

Thanks for the nice comments. . .

Mrs Radio will be sailing with me on the next cruise in November. . .

My brother just sailed with me on Freedom !

Radio

Edited by Radio

radio how is the freedom it still look good new?

?

The Freedom of the Seas still looks very good. She has a couple of years on her, but the crew strives hard to keep her in tip topp shape !

Radio

Radio - I do have one question upon your return....from your picture of the coloured luggage tags and the times I see that the waiting area was the Promenade. Are you not allowed to wait in your cabin until your time? When we were on the Adventure in Jan09, we were given our coloured tags, along with a time and location to meet, then once at that meeting place, we left the ship. We were able to go for breakfast, back to the cabin, relax until out time (915) and then headed out. Has the Freedom not implemented this yet?

Thanks again for your wonderful pictures of your week!!

Yes, I waited in my Cabin until they called for "Last Call. . .all passengers must leave the ship" :o

Radio

Radio - Question about cameras since your pictures are beautiful!

How do I keep the lenes from fogging up when I go from inside the ship to outside. I just about had a breakdown when my Canon fogged up in Mexico. Took the lenes off to help adjust to temp, but it was about an hour before they were useable.

We will be on Freedom in 7 weeks, and can't wait! Love your reports! I cant decide if I want to take a laptop. With two seadays in a row on Eastern, I am thinking it will give me plenty of time to organize my pictures.

If the sun is out, I point my lens at the sun (just the lens). . . It seems to eliminate the condensation.

I forgot to do that a couple of times, and the pics were a little blurred (of course I did not post those pics ;))

Radio

Edited by Radio

Boy somehow I feel like I'm suffering from PCD-- and if I feel like that now---who knows what I'm going to be feeling after my cruise in Sept--even if I do have another cruise booked after that---

Cheers and thank you so much again

I can hardly wait to see what cabins you managed to get pictures of--especially if my friends are going to be staying in them.

April

Thanks for the nice comments. . . I should have the Cabin pics up soon (maybe tomorrow).

I got some pics of the PS,OS,JS,D1,E1, Inside, Ocenview, and Corner Deck 10 D2, and AFT D2's. . . .(Sorry, No RS, GS)

Radio

Thank You, Radio for taking time out of your cruise and taking us along for the ride. It has been fun to follow your travels. Anyone thinking of doing a "live from" in the future, take notes on Radio's cause this is how it should be done. Safe travels home to Baltimore. You are not far from us. We live near York, PA.

Thank You, Radio for taking time out of your cruise and taking us along for the ride. It has been fun to follow your travels. Anyone thinking of doing a "live from" in the future, take notes on Radio's cause this is how it should be done. Safe travels home to Baltimore. You are not far from us. We live near York, PA.

Thanks Sky616. . . I love to do "LIVE" posts. . . I am a big Cruise Critic Fan, and I love to go on cruises.

I don't really like writing reviews. . . (my brain forgets to much):o

I have alot of "LIVE" Posts HERE

Radio

Edited by Radio