"LIVE" from Freedom of the Seas / Aug 2, 2009

Radio

Radio - quick question:

Do Diamond members have access to both the Concierge Lounge and the Diamond Lounge on the FOS before September 1st? :confused:

Robyn: On the Liberty we were only allowed access to the Diamond Lounge...If we had a GS or higher, we would have had access to either (from my understanding, although things do change on a daily basis:D)...

Have a great cruise...

The Loyalty Ambassador will send and Invitation to your Stateroom. They had it set up for Saturday at 930AM.

It is a one time event. There were several of the Officers, and Managers at the event.

Enjoy your Cruise ! :)

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Radio; Thanks for clearing that up, I had the same question?:D:D

Wow..Finally got through all those posts.

Thank you SO much for posting the pictures. We are sailing the Freedom next April for the first time and are very excited.

A few questions (if you don't mind :o)

Did it seem really crowded in Cozumel with those other ships there? We want to do a dolphin swim on this next cruise and are debating whether we should do it in Cozumel or Grand Cayman (which I didn't even know had the dolphin swim!) That is the busiest day with about 17,000 passengers in port! :eek:

In Ocho Rios, the resort that you mentioned wanting to go to next time (can't remember the name right now but you took a picture of it). Was that far from the pier? And do you know if they have day passes or do they just allow cruise passengers to go there?

Thanks again for the great trip report and photos. I always follow your threads whether or not I'm sailing on those particular ships. You sure have a knack for these live postings and you should be given a commission. :D

Mary

Radio, I notice that your room was right near the elevator. Was that a problem at all? Would you suggest that area as a good spot? I have a chance to book a room on FOS now in that curved section and almost your old room. What has been your best cruise ever?

Radio

I do not mean to intrude on your great thread, but, I must share with you something being posted on another thread.

Look at the boards, (if I knew how to post the exact thread I would), someone is saying that their family member who sailed the Freedom is testing positive to the swine flu.

Now realize, they could have gotten it anywhere, in port, or on their way home from the cruise, just tell us your okay!!!!!

You provided me with great information over the last 10 days, I want to make sure you can still post those great pictures, and also, make sure you are safe.

Thanks for posting!

Great work!!

Later

Did anyone on this cruise stay at the Holiday Inn Express and if so would you mind sharing your experience (shuttle service, staff, and such). There are 8 of us staying there in September and we are curious.

Thank you.

Edited by rdharbis1

There are many Cabin Photos posted HERE. . . but not all. I have alot of editing, posting, and captions to do (Plus all of the Daily Compass's)

Here are a few, but many more can be seen HERE

Radio

D2 Midship Balcony Cabin

D2MID2.jpg

E2 Midship Balcony Cabin

E2MID2.JPG

Owners Suite

OS2.jpg

Owners Suite/ View from LR to BR

OSBR2.jpg

Edited by Radio

Radio >SNIP<

Look at the boards, (if I knew how to post the exact thread I would), someone is saying that their family member who sailed the Freedom is testing positive to the swine flu.

Now realize, they could have gotten it anywhere, in port, or on their way home from the cruise, just tell us your okay!!!!!

You provided me with great information over the last 10 days, I want to make sure you can still post those great pictures, and also, make sure you are safe.Thanks for posting!

Great work!!

Later

Thanks, but I have been feeling fine. . . A little tired :o But I am doing well !

Thanks. . .;)

Radio

ML, if it's any comfort, we have a standard inside stateroom as well, for the very reason you stated, that we won't be spending too much time there. How about we form an "Insider's Club"? :D

We plan to be spending a lot of time in the Solarium. That will be our "balcony." Radio, are there lounge chairs in the shady, roofed area of the Freedom Solarium like there was on the Mariner? I couldn't quite tell from the pictures I've seen so far.

ML, see you on the 27th!

Radio, I notice that your room was right near the elevator. Was that a problem at all? Would you suggest that area as a good spot? I have a chance to book a room on FOS now in that curved section and almost your old room. What has been your best cruise ever?

I cannot answer the question about Radio's best cruise ever but will respond to the first part about cabin location. We have been on the hump, right by the bank of elevators on Mariner & Explorer, and can tell you that location is great. Convenient to everything. Noise, not ever been a problem.

Tim

Edited by HB Cruiser

>SNIP< We plan to be spending a lot of time in the Solarium. That will be our "balcony." Radio, are there lounge chairs in the shady, roofed area of the Freedom Solarium like there was on the Mariner? I couldn't quite tell from the pictures I've seen so far.

ML, see you on the 27th!

The Solarium on Freedom is very similar (in layout) to Mariner of the Seas.

There is a shaded area underneath Deck 12 on either side of the cantilevered spa.

I didn't post any pics yet from that area. . .Here are a few.

Radio

Freedom of the Seas Solarium

SOL4.jpg

Sunbathers section of Solarium

SOL14.JPG

In the Sunny area of the Solarium looking toward to covered section

SOL8.JPG

Loungers in the Shaded area of the Solarium

SOL12.JPG

Edited by Radio

In Ocho Rios, the resort that you mentioned wanting to go to next time (can't remember the name right now but you took a picture of it). Was that far from the pier? And do you know if they have day passes or do they just allow cruise passengers to go there?

Mary

Hi Radio and thank you sooooooo much for letting us share your cruise.

The pics and info have been brilliant especially as we will be taking our first RC cruise on the Freedom in Feb.

Like Mary we too would be interested in finding out about a day pass, would you happen to have that info.

Also would much appreciate ant advice on places to go in ports ( western )

We have been looking at some of the RC trips but can work out lots of $s for 4 and I see you have done your own thing when getting off.

Once again many many thanks my family and myself have loved gaining an insight into were we will be going and what we could be seeing

Tracey :)

The Solarium on Freedom is very similar (in layout) to Mariner of the Seas.

There is a shaded area underneath Deck 12 on either side of the cantilevered spa.

I didn't post any pics yet from that area. . .Here are a few.

Radio

Freedom of the Seas Solarium

SOL4.jpg

Hi Radio - how crowded does the adult only solarium get? As crowded as the rest of the pool areas?

How about the chair hogs issue there?

Thanks for the awesome pictorial.

Edited by treezt

Hi Radio - how crowded does the adult only solarium get? As crowded as the rest of the pool areas?

How about the chair hogs issue there?

Thanks for the awesome pictorial.

Having sailed Freedom and Liberty I can tell you the solarium gets as crowded as the main pool area and the chair hogs are an issue there as well.

Edited by K1200S

Hello everyone ! I have uploaded all of the Compass Dailies, and some other important info.

These Compass Dailies can be viewed HERE

A "Sneak Peek" can be seen below. . .

Radio

Day 1 Page 1 Compass / Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean

D1P1.jpg

As You Depart / Port Canaveral / Freedom of the Seas

DEBARK1.jpg

Edited by Radio

Thanks for the review, Radio.

How would you compare RCl's "My Time Dining" with NCL's "Freestyle"?

.....and the overall experience between NCL and RCL?

I think that the "My Time Dining" concept will get better over time. . . Overall, I think it is doing well. I will sign up for MTD for every future cruise I sail.

I liked the fact that the servers dont treat you like "Buffet" passengers, but more like they would treat you if there was no MTD ! The service in the MDR (Deck5 ) was supurb !

It is difficult to compare the overall experience between the NCL, and RCI.

There is alot to like about each line. I have been a fan of RCI for years, but NCL is trying very very hard to step "outside of the box" to create a culture that is pleasing to passengers.

I certainly STILL Love RCI, but I will definitely sail w/NCL (very soon)

Radio