"LIVE" from Freedom of the Seas / Aug 2, 2009

Radio

Hi Radio!! Thanks for all the pictures.

Can anyone tell me if a D1 would look like the D2 or is the D2 bigger? Not sure if there is some huge difference? I'm assuming that my D1 would be smaller - not sure why I'm thinking that though.... Also, I'm on the 9th deck hump - please, don't flame or yell at me everyone (I did call it a ship instead of a boat, after all!:D) but is that considered mid-ship? And ...um - I don't know which side is starboard and even what the opposite of that is called:confused: Sorry - I'm terrible with directions, N,E,W,S and left/right, too. Must be some sort of defect...:o

Radio,

Thanks for all the info. I noticed on your 1st day compass that distribution of ice show tickets are on the 2nd day. Do they deliver ice tickets to the cabin for Diamond members?

Thanks again for staying tuned to the tread.

Diamond Members do not need tickets. . . Just show the folks at Studio B you Diamond Lounge keycard. . .

I went to the show twice, and never used a ticket !

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hi Radio!! Thanks for all the pictures.

Can anyone tell me if a D1 would look like the D2 or is the D2 bigger? Not sure if there is some huge difference? I'm assuming that my D1 would be smaller - not sure why I'm thinking that though.... Also, I'm on the 9th deck hump - please, don't flame or yell at me everyone (I did call it a ship instead of a boat, after all!) but is that considered mid-ship? And ...um - I don't know which side is starboard and even what the opposite of that is called Sorry - I'm terrible with directions, N,E,W,S and left/right, too. Must be some sort of defect...:o

The D1 and D2 are the same exact size (214 sq. ft.)

The difference between the 2 are that only D1's will have a SofaBed, while D2's do not. Most D2's are for 2 passengers only.

If you are facing forward on a ship ,your right is always Starboard Side, while the left is always Port Side .

BTW= E1's and E2's are smaller (177 sq. ft.)

Radio

The D1 and D2 are the same exact size (214 sq. ft.)

The difference between the 2 are that only D1's will have a SofaBed, while D2's do not. Most D2's are for 2 passengers only.

If you are facing forward on a ship ,your right is always Starboard Side, while the left is always Port Side .

BTW= E1's and E2's are smaller (177 sq. ft.)

Radio

Thank you for explaining the differences in D1's and D2's! The picture of the one you posted looks beautiful! I can't wait! I was on the hump on Radiance and thought that room was great but this looks even nicer. As well, thank you for the directional lessons! You're very sweet as I was a little embarrassed to ask!:D

Thank you for explaining the differences in D1's and D2's! The picture of the one you posted looks beautiful! I can't wait! I was on the hump on Radiance and thought that room was great but this looks even nicer. As well, thank you for the directional lessons! You're very sweet as I was a little embarrassed to ask!:D

Just wanted to add a tip I learned on CC... "port" and "left" both have 4 letters - an easy way to remember that port is on the left and starboard is on the right (facing towards the front of the ship, as Radio mentioned). :)

Since there are multiple elevators at both towers on Freedom/Voyager type ships, it is easy to lose orientation about which way to go to your cabin.

Port side carpet is always a different color then starboard side carpet. So once you know which color to walk to you will never go the wrong way.

Forward and rear elevators have different color carpeting.

Wonderful information and pictures! Is the deck 5 dining room only for MTD??

Thanks so much for all your effort!!

Yes, My Time Dining is on Deck 5 only (On Freedom of the Seas)

Radio

Galileo Dining Room (Deck 5)

G17.JPG

Main Dining Room Galileo (5), Isaac (4), and Leonardo (3)

(This photo taken from Isaac Dining Room)

G28.JPG

Edited by Radio

Hi Radio - when tendering to a port, are there multiple ways to access the tenders ie stairs/elevator - aft/fore?

I have heard the logjam in the hallways horror stories.

Yes, depending on the Tender Port will decide which tender stations are used. The Tender Stations are always on Deck 1, but the elevators stops only at Deck 2 (except w/wheelchair or scooter).

Then passengers would walk down 1 flight of steps.

When the ship docks at port, the elevator always goes to Deck 1.

I usually waited until the "Cattle Call" (Cruise Director's Term :)) was completed, and never waited for a tender !

Radio

Tender in Grand Cayman

H54.JPG

Edited by Radio

Hi Radio - when tendering to a port, are there multiple ways to access the tenders ie stairs/elevator - aft/fore?

I have heard the logjam in the hallways horror stories.

We were always ready early, so we got off with no problems, sometimes on the first tender. I think it's the middle group of people (rather than very early or late) that gets stuck in traffic.

Since there are multiple elevators at both towers on Freedom/Voyager type ships, it is easy to lose orientation about which way to go to your cabin.

Port side carpet is always a different color then starboard side carpet. So once you know which color to walk to you will never go the wrong way. I didn't know that.......will check it out on next cruise.

Forward and rear elevators have different color carpeting. I never looked at the floor except to see the day of the week......will be more observant next time. :)

Thanks for the bit of info.........should make it easier for the rest of us that at times wonder around......:D

Radio, you have THE BEST "live from" threads on all of the CC boards. Your pictures are amazing! Thanks for taking the time to post your report.

Can you tell me the how deep the pool is at the H20 zone? And are there plenty of lounge chairs nearby for the parents?

Looking forward to reading more. Thanks!

There are plenty of Lounges for the parents. . . here are the depths of all of the pools:

H2o Zone

Wading Pool (Circular Pool) 3' 6" (1.07m)

Splash Zone 1.5" (3.8cm)

Center Pool 5' 7" (1.7m)

Main Pools 5' 4" (1.62m)

Solarium Pool 4' 11" (1.51m) Deep Section (FWD) 6' 11" (2.1m)

Radio

H2o Zone

M30.JPG

Main Pools

M3.JPG

Solarium

C36.JPG

H2o Zone at night

G23.JPG

Main Pool at night

G14.JPG

Main pool early morning

G10.JPG

Edited by Radio

Radio, thanks so much for all of your hard work. This thread is amazing!

BTW, do you happen to have pics of the MDR dinner menus? I know that there are some documents of menus floating around, but actually pictures of the menus would be really cool (if you have them and it's not too much trouble to scan/post). Thx!

Edited by pete78

On the right side of the picture, is that someone swimming laps? Are the pools big enough to do that?

Yes it is. . . earlier in the morning is better than the aftrnoon, though.

There is SeaTrek diving instruction in the left pool (early morning)

Radio

Radio, thanks so much for all of your hard work. This thread is amazing!

BTW, do you happen to have pics of the MDR dinner menus? I know that there are some documents of menus floating around, but actually pictures of the menus would be really cool (if you have them and it's not too much trouble to scan/post). Thx!

Sorry. . . the only menu I have is the Diamond, D+, Platinum Breakfast. . .

Radio

Sorry. . . the only menu I have is the Diamond, D+, Platinum Breakfast. . .

Radio

No problem at all!!! Like the previous poster said, you deserve some kudos from Royal as you're doing a better job than they are at advertising their cruise. Thanks again!

Ok, so just to clarify, The deck 5 dining room is reserved only for MTD and diners with early or late seating will not dine in that dining room? correct?

Thanks so much for your wonderful information!

Actualy no, the 5th level has an area for MTD, the rest of the floor if for regular dining.

Wow..Finally got through all those posts.

Thank you SO much for posting the pictures. We are sailing the Freedom next April for the first time and are very excited.

A few questions (if you don't mind :o)

Did it seem really crowded in Cozumel with those other ships there? We want to do a dolphin swim on this next cruise and are debating whether we should do it in Cozumel or Grand Cayman (which I didn't even know had the dolphin swim!) That is the busiest day with about 17,000 passengers in port! :eek:

In Ocho Rios, the resort that you mentioned wanting to go to next time (can't remember the name right now but you took a picture of it). Was that far from the pier? And do you know if they have day passes or do they just allow cruise passengers to go there?

Thanks again for the great trip report and photos. I always follow your threads whether or not I'm sailing on those particular ships. You sure have a knack for these live postings and you should be given a commission. :D

Mary

Hi Radio. Just moving this up because I think you may have missed this posting and someone else on the thread was also interested in the resort in Ocho Rios.

Thanks again!