"LIVE" from Freedom of the Seas / Aug 2, 2009

Radio

Thanks for the bit of info.........should make it easier for the rest of us that at times wonder around......:D

My post was worded wrong. The carpeting outside the elevators at the rear tower is flipped compared to the front tower.

So if the rear is red-port and blue-starboard, the front will be blue-port and red-starboard. For exemple.

Inside the elevators, all are the same.

Can someone explain why this is..why wouldn't they just put one color all the way on the port side and the other starboard. We usually book somewhere aft of the centrum and I just assumed that this was the case until we took a hallway from the bow all the way back and it was the opposite color (confused me.)

If anyone knows, its the kind of thing that drives me crazy:D.

Deb

Yes, depending on the Tender Port will decide which tender stations are used. The Tender Stations are always on Deck 1, but the elevators stops only at Deck 2 (except w/wheelchair or scooter).

Then passengers would walk down 1 flight of steps.

When the ship docks at port, the elevator always goes to Deck 1.

I usually waited until the "Cattle Call" (Cruise Director's Term :)) was completed, and never waited for a tender !

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thank u for your quick answer!

Hi Radio, I am getting so excited about sailing in September and seeing the daily compass was great! Thank you!

There is sooo much to do... With all the many activities, entertainment and special things to do aboard Freedom, I was curious to know what are your "can't miss" ones? Thanks!!:)

I have been following your thread here and all your info.Great job.Can't wait to get on Freedom in Oct.

My question is? was the shuttle service from Country inn & suites free to the ship or was there a charge?

Edited by dopey1956

Wow..Finally got through all those posts.

Thank you SO much for posting the pictures. We are sailing the Freedom next April for the first time and are very excited.

A few questions (if you don't mind )

Did it seem really crowded in Cozumel with those other ships there? We want to do a dolphin swim on this next cruise and are debating whether we should do it in Cozumel or Grand Cayman (which I didn't even know had the dolphin swim!) That is the busiest day with about 17,000 passengers in port!

In Ocho Rios, the resort that you mentioned wanting to go to next time (can't remember the name right now but you took a picture of it). Was that far from the pier? And do you know if they have day passes or do they just allow cruise passengers to go there?

Thanks again for the great trip report and photos. I always follow your threads whether or not I'm sailing on those particular ships. You sure have a knack for these live postings and you should be given a commission Hi Radio. Just moving this up because I think you may have missed this posting and someone else on the thread was also interested in the resort in Ocho Rios.

Thanks again!

Soory for the delay with the response. . . The Dolphin Adventure in Cozumel, and Mexico is owned by the same company, so the expeirience should be very similar. If you go to the one in Grand Cayman, you will be right next to the Turtle Farm, and Pools (extra charge).

If you go to the one in Cozumel (Chankanaab Park), you will have acces to very good snorkeling.(extra admission charge for Chankanaab)

If it were me, I would prefer the Cozumel location. I can not say enough about the Chankanaab Park location, and attractions there.

In Ocho Rios, there are several resorts that can be viewed from the ship in Ocho Rios Bay, there are also several All Inclusive resorts close by.

I don't have any infor on the specific prices for a day pass, but it would be better if I would have researched this info before I sailed. The 2 that I saw looked very nice.

Radio

Renaissance Jamaica Grande Resort in Ocho Rios

J32.JPG

Renaissance Jamaica Grande Resort Beach as we left Ocho Rios

J38.JPG

Freedom of the Seas in Ocho Rios, Jamaica

J33.JPG

If you go to the one in Cozumel (Chankanaab Park), you will have acces to very good snorkeling.(extra admission charge for Chankanaab)

If it were me, I would prefer the Cozumel location. I can not say enough about the Chankanaab Park location, and attractions there.

Thank you. I think we will probably go to the one in Cozumel, especially since you say the snorkeling is good there. Just one more question: :o You seemed to be pretty close to the dolphin encounter. (At least close enough to get pictures.) I really didn't want to do the encounter but my daughters (teenagers) both do. Would I be able to get a good view of them doing it or is the area roped off? Not so much for pictures but would love to watch them. (Then again, they may need an adult with them anyway.)

Thanks again for taking us on your cruise. :)

Hi Radio,

Could you please answer a question regarding ship time in Cozumel? i noticed on the compass that you stayed on ship time, so if you arrived at 10:00 am ship time what was the time in Cozumel? I am trying to book an independent tour and need to determine the correct time?

I went to your website, I loved the tips and the websites you have there.

thanks

ml

Hi Radio,

Could you please answer a question regarding ship time in Cozumel? i noticed on the compass that you stayed on ship time, so if you arrived at 10:00 am ship time what was the time in Cozumel? I am trying to book an independent tour and need to determine the correct time?

I went to your website, I loved the tips and the websites you have there.

thanks

ml

Cozumel time was 9AM, and the ship time was 10AM.

We never altered from ship time. . .on some cruises they ask you to turn clocks forward or backward. . .

On this sailing we always stayed on Ship Time. . .

Radio

RADIO,

As many have mentioned, thanks so much for your review. Although we are sailing on the Eastern cruise, I totally enjoyed your postings as I have enjoyed others that you have done.

When you post it is almost like being with you. I especially love your pictures and that you sail different lines as well.

I would love to do the auto train to Lorton from Sanford next year as we are going to Rochester NY and neither my husband nor I are crazy about driving that far. Can you post some info about the auto train or if you don't want to, please email me at Katiel53 at cfl dot rr dot com. I am interested in if you get a sleeping compartment or if you stay in a chair or whatever.

We haven't ever done the auto train so I have no clue as to what food is served, prices etc. Anything you can tell us would be appreciated.

Thanks again for your review. I loved it!!

Hello Radio,

I have greatly enjoyed your "Live" postings and look forward to many more. I have only cruised on RCCL, Carnival, and Celebrity and I noticed you have done several NCL cruises. How does NCL compare to RCCL and Carnival? I am really interested in activities for tweens and the food quality. If you could give your opinion it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Shelli

RADIO, >SNIP< When you post it is almost like being with you. I especially love your pictures and that you sail different lines as well.

I would love to do the auto train to Lorton from Sanford next year as we are going to Rochester NY and neither my husband nor I are crazy about driving that far. >SNIP< We haven't ever done the auto train so I have no clue as to what food is served, prices etc. Anything you can tell us would be appreciated. Thanks again for your review. I loved it!!

Thanks for the nice comments. . . I have flown many times, but I am not a fan of flying (Grrrr . . . .&%@$#)

I love the AutoTrain. . . I try to take it when possible. Yes, I know it cost more than a plane. . .and I know you can get there faster on a plane. . .

That being said. . .The Auto train leaves Daily at 4PM from Lorton, VA heading South, and daily from Sanford, FL heading north. It is a non stop train (there are no passengers stops), and it will arrive at its destination usually by 930AM. . .

I always take the AutoTrain 2 days before embarkation. There is one Lounge Car, and one Dining car for Sleepers, and one of each for coach.

I usually get the sleeper when possible. . .Meals are included as well as coffee, bottled water, snacks, and a movie in the lounge car.

You can find out much more at the Amtrak Website. . .

Radio

Auto Train Terminal In Lorton, VA

A4.JPG

AutoTrain Speeping Car (Sleepers on Upper Level and Restrooms, Shower and Sleepers on Lower Level)

A2.JPG

A very long covered Passenger entry

AA7.jpg

A Roomette (Very Small)

A3.JPG

Roomette Hallway view

A5.JPG

Edited by Radio

Here are a few pics that i don't thinks ever made it to the "LIVE" Post. . .

Radio

Boleros (Deck 4)

B2.JPG

Boleros from the steps

U2.jpg

Schooner Bar (Deck 4)

M21.JPG

Pharaoh's Palace (Deck 5)

K12.JPG

The Crypt Nightclub (Deck 3/4)

G30.JPG

Olive or Twist Lounge (Deck 14)