"LIVE" from Freedom of the Seas / Aug 2, 2009

Radio

Radio

If you know, can the passengers on Deck 10 aft see into the balconies on Deck 9 aft by just looking down and not making an effort to lean over the railing, just looking down. We were on deck 7 corner aft and we could see into deck 6 just by looking down. Not that I want complete privacy just hate it when someone can look onto your balcony without any effort.

Tim

Edited by HB Cruiser

Radio,

We were on this cruise with you and have enjoyed reliving the cruise in your Live post. Our son, Michael (18) was the "featherweight" in the Men's Bellyflop contest. Our family had a wonderful time on this cruise! Thanks for keeping the memories alive.

Mary Anne

Hey Radio - thanks for all this info along with some of the other Q&A. It sure helps!

We leave for Eastern Caribbean on 9/20 (on FOS) and have an Aft balcony. So am wondering the same as previous poster regarding peering down . . . and seeing . . . what???

Also, I didn't read all the daily newsies, but would like to know if FOS has any type of midnite buffet, per chance? :confused:

Oh, and 1 more thing . . . are there refrigerators in the cabin and are they full of "stuff" to purchase? :rolleyes:

Thanks again for your hard work and helping to build my excitement!

Hey Radio - thanks for all this info along with some of the other Q&A. It sure helps! We leave for Eastern Caribbean on 9/20 (on FOS) and have an Aft balcony. So am wondering the same as previous poster regarding peering down . . . and seeing . . . what???

Also, I didn't read all the daily newsies, but would like to know if FOS has any type of midnite buffet, per chance?

Oh, and 1 more thing . . . are there refrigerators in the cabin and are they full of "stuff" to purchase?

Thanks again for your hard work and helping to build my excitement!

Thanks for the nice comments ! If you are at the very back of the ship (up on Deck 10), you shouldn't be able to see much below(unless you hang way over).

I was looking at cabins on Deck 7, and was able to see clearly on the Prez Suite Balcony(Deck 6). . . but I was on the most starboard balcony (Deck 7)

I really don't remember hearing of a Grand Buffet (Midnight) any where :o

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Looking down at the Preidential Suite Balcony on Deck 6 (From Deck 7)

C344.JPG

So Radio, I hope you keep checking back on this thread.

What did you think of the construction of the Bob-sled ride next to the Zip Line on Labadee?

Safe, or scary.

Should we wait till it is "broken in"?

Thanks

No. . .I think it has been "Broken in" for a while. . .It appears that the track has been completed for some time.

I went to get some Ice one night, and I saw this wrist band taped to the wall. . .(On my deck)

Maybe some of the crew were trying it out. . .while RCI is still finishing with the Entry and Exit platforms ? ?

Radio

Labadee Bobsled Wristband ? ?

BOBSLED14.jpg

Edited by Radio

• 2 weeks later...

Radio, I'll be there in 3 weeks. While I'm not nearly the photographer that you are, let me know if there is something you'd like a picture of so you can measure progress. I'd be happy to take it for you. Thanks again for your great review and for the pictures. I'm so excited for this cruise. Our whole group (my family as well as the CC M&M Group) followed your trip. Can't wait for the next one.

Radio, I'll be there in 3 weeks. While I'm not nearly the photographer that you are, let me know if there is something you'd like a picture of so you can measure progress. I'd be happy to take it for you. Thanks again for your great review and for the pictures. I'm so excited for this cruise. Our whole group (my family as well as the CC M&M Group) followed your trip. Can't wait for the next one.

It would be great to see how the NEW Welcome Center is coming along.

Any pics of Labadee would be welcome ! Thank You. . .:D

In just 8 weeks you will have to go over to the Carnival Boards to see my next "LIVE" from Carnival Pride. . .

They are all nice over there !:)

Radio

Labadee Welcome Center under construction

P52.JPG

It should be finished by Nov 1

P55.JPG

Edited by Radio

Radio-This thread is so great! I do have a question about Ocho Rios. WE will be there later this month on the Freedom.

We have been to this port once before but donot remember seeing Island Vilalge and Margaritaville you have pictures of. Is that within easy walking of the pier? And if so, which direction?

thanks for all of the great info!

I'd like the answer to this too..Is it all within walking distance from where the ship docks? My daughter and I are traveling alone and we like to wander around ourselves rather than taking a tour. Is it safe? Is Margaritaville easy to find?

Yes. . I heard good things about the Sunset Grande. . . Lots of FOS Passengers went there today !

That is on my list for next time. . . Thanks ;)

Radio

Just wondering if you can do this on your own or do you need to sign up for a tour? I don't think I saw it on the cruisetours for Jamaica?

I'd like the answer to this too..Is it all within walking distance from where the ship docks? My daughter and I are traveling alone and we like to wander around ourselves rather than taking a tour. Is it safe? Is Margaritaville easy to find?

The Island Village entrance is very close to the Pier. Once you leave the port area, you just walk straight ahead for about 100 yards.

There will be many people walking there. . . just tag along with a group of them for the short walk.

There were about a dozon locals asking us for cabs, and tours during the short walk.

Radio

A view of Freedom of the Seas from Island Village (Margaritaville)

J23.JPG

The Margaritaville Beach is to the right of the Pier

J10.JPG

Hi Patty,

I would also be interested in any updates on Labadee. We will be visiting there in mid-November and I am curious if we will still have to tender or will the dock be ready. Also wondering if the cabanas will be completed. They look awesome in Radio's pics!

Marilyn

Radio...Do you have any idea how much more will be completed by December?;)

The Pier, Cabanas, And Cafe` Labadee should be completed. The Dragons Tail Coaster is already done.

The Welcome center should be mostly ready by then. Everything will be ready by May. That's when Oasis will be sailing to Labadee every other week.

From Dec 2009 to May 2010 she will only be doing Eastern Caribbean. (except for the 1 cruise to Labadee in December)

Radio

:):)

Radio

Well, we did it, we booked the Freedom of the Seas for next July!!!!!!

Your ongoing pictures and daily posts have really got me motivated to sail the Western Carribean again.

Last time the Mariner treated us well. I hope The Freedom is just as kind.

Like I posted before, thank you so much for your posts.

Later

Hey Radio, I was wondering if you were given a map of Freedom when you boarded? I've been looking everywhere for it and while I have no problem finding individual deck plans, I can't seem to get a compiled ship map anywhere. Something like this is what I had in mind. Thanks!

dp.jpg

Radio ... I took some pictures but not as many as I would have liked. Visitor Center still closed. Not much change from when you got there. Didn't hear of anyone willing to pay the prices for the coaster.

Once we got off the tender, the armed guards were a bit disconcerting! We roamed around a bit and went back to have lunch in the MDR. I will post the pictures when I get home tonight!

Radio ... I took some pictures but not as many as I would have liked. Visitor Center still closed. Not much change from when you got there. Didn't hear of anyone willing to pay the prices for the coaster.

Once we got off the tender, the armed guards were a bit disconcerting! We roamed around a bit and went back to have lunch in the MDR. I will post the pictures when I get home tonight!

Do you pics of the armed guards?:confused:

I have pictures of 9340 - hump balcony. Please email me at CapsFan2 at hotmail dot com and I'll send them to you. The question you asked was about the bed to the balcony door. It's about 1-1/2 feet ... not alot of space there.