Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ

Bequia

Clue...search reviews for Park N Go and Park N Fly.

Thanks. I did a google search and found about 20 companies. Didn't know how to narrow it down.

Off the top of your head, do you know the rate at the terminal? Is it per DAY like Port Canaveral or per NIGHT like some ports?

Edited by poncho1973

Hi all,

I am going on a 10 day cruise the beginning of April out of Fort Lauderdale and am thinking of spicing things up at the end of the cruise by staying at a resort area (with a lazy river if possible as that I one thing my wife is looking forward to). We fly in and out of Fort Lauderdale and was looking at the Fontainebleau Hilton.

It has a lazy river, is on the beech and looks like a destination unto itself.

First question - what would a cab ride be from fort lauderdale cruise terminal to miami and then back from miami to fort lauderdale airport.

Second question - would anyone recommend a different hotel/resort in the Fort Lauderdale Miami area? (As long as its a fun place somewhere in the general area)

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I tried to sift through the amazing amount of information in this thread and did not get very far.

What the best option for someone arriving late night the night before departure to get to a hotel and then from the hotel to the cruise port. Is there a reasonably priced hotel that will provide both? We're flying into FLL and departing on the Liberty of the Seas on March 25, 2013. It is our honeymoon trip! :)

I am the same as you and booked the Comfort Inn Airport/Cruise Port South, seems decent, free shuttle from the airport and to the Port, I will give Priceline a shot the week before my departure but this is safe way to go for us right now!

I tried to sift through the amazing amount of information in this thread and did not get very far.

What the best option for someone arriving late night the night before departure to get to a hotel and then from the hotel to the cruise port. Is there a reasonably priced hotel that will provide both? We're flying into FLL and departing on the Liberty of the Seas on March 25, 2013. It is our honeymoon trip! :)

Wondering if anyone can tell me where the most lively stretch of Ft. Lauderdale beach is? By that I mean where is the most pedestrian traffic, the most variety of restaurants/stores, etc. We are trying to decide on a beach area hotel, but want to be able to walk. We will not have a car. Thanks!

Thanks. I did a google search and found about 20 companies. Didn't know how to narrow it down.

Off the top of your head, do you know the rate at the terminal? Is it per DAY like Port Canaveral or per NIGHT like some ports?

I think it is $15 per night.

Hi all,

I am going on a 10 day cruise the beginning of April out of Fort Lauderdale and am thinking of spicing things up at the end of the cruise by staying at a resort area (with a lazy river if possible as that I one thing my wife is looking forward to). We fly in and out of Fort Lauderdale and was looking at the Fontainebleau Hilton.

It has a lazy river, is on the beech and looks like a destination unto itself.

First question - what would a cab ride be from fort lauderdale cruise terminal to miami and then back from miami to fort lauderdale airport.

Second question - would anyone recommend a different hotel/resort in the Fort Lauderdale Miami area? (As long as its a fun place somewhere in the general area)

Thanks!

The only hotel that I know of in Ft Laud with a lazy river is the Pelican Grand on the beach. It's a very nice boutique hotel but nothing like the size of the Fountaineblu. A cab to Fontainebleau Hilton and back to FLL will be $150-200 all together.

Wondering if anyone can tell me where the most lively stretch of Ft. Lauderdale beach is? By that I mean where is the most pedestrian traffic, the most variety of restaurants/stores, etc. We are trying to decide on a beach area hotel, but want to be able to walk. We will not have a car. Thanks!

If you mapquest Ritz Carlton and Courtyard, you will find that area between these 2 hotels.

Thank you Sharon. Much appreciated!

You're welcome. I'm sure you are going to have a great time. Just bring good walking shoes. It's not a long strenuous walk to get around the beach area but you don't want to get held back by blisters.:) We sometimes stay at the W hotel next door to the Hilton and we walk everywhere from there. We only live a few miles away but it's fun to stay at the beach when we want a quick getaway.

• 2 weeks later...

I am staying at Hyatt place 17th street on the way in and the embassy suites 17th street on the way out. I have a whole day to kill. Is there a nice outing we could take via water taxis, something unique to Fort Lauderdale (Japanese food cooked at table is always fun).

Where would catch the water taxis for those hotels. Is there a destination at the beach somewhere something fun to do?

Thanks,

Don

Geefor, great location. Have stayed next door at the Best Western. Water taxi pickup is right across the street, restaurants are within walking distance. Bob:)

I am staying at Hyatt place 17th street on the way in and the embassy suites 17th street on the way out. I have a whole day to kill. Is there a nice outing we could take via water taxis, something unique to Fort Lauderdale (Japanese food cooked at table is always fun).

Where would catch the water taxis for those hotels. Is there a destination at the beach somewhere something fun to do?

Ahh I am looking at Las Olas Wine Cafe has anyone been? How was it? It's a restaurant correct? http://www.lasolaswinecafe.com/menu.html. What's a good beach destination activity?

Thanks,

Don

Sorry about that, the address is 440 Seabreeze Ave, Fort Lauderdale, your favorite pick would be appreciated!

That Courtyard is in the best location of any Courtyard. It's across from the beach. Dozens of restaurants are within walking distance...my favorite pick in that area is Coconuts right across the street from the hotel entrance. Most of the shopping is at Beach Place, about 6 blocks north. Water Taxi is about 4 blocks wouth.

Thanks,

Don

Catch the water taxi at the Hilton Marina, about 6 blocks east. The 2 main stops for walking around are Beach Place and Las Olas. Japanese Village on Las Olas has tableside cooking. There are so many other interesting good restaurants too. Just walk around and find something, but if you want to eat at Japanese Village reserve a table in advance. If you've never been to a Brazilian meat restaurant, Chima is a locals favorite. It is about a 2 mile walk from the Las Olas water taxi stop.

Edited by royalcruz

The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel

looked like a nice place any idea

thinking 2 days pre cruise feb 22 and 23

We're trying it out this week the night before we cruise. It's a short walk to Total Wine and only a few steps from Southport Raw Bar where we must have the tasty blackened dolphin. Yum!

We're trying it out this week the night before we cruise. It's a short walk to Total Wine and only a few steps from Southport Raw Bar where we must have the tasty blackened dolphin. Yum!

please let me know how it is

and the dolphin sounds good

thanks steve