Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ

Bequia

Need a hotel suggestion for a family of 5 (2A, 3C - 16, 13 and 10) for one night before a cruise. We are flying into FLL, not arriving until 10 pm, but cruising out of Miami. We are leaning toward using SAS to get from the hotel to POM. Any hotel suggestions that will comfortably sleep 5 and SAS will pick up at? Thank you :)

To get picked up by SAS you need to stay near the port or airport. Some suite hotels are Embassy, Homewood, Fairfield Inn, Springhill, Comfort Suites. Check with SAS before booking anything non-refundable.

Need a hotel suggestion for a family of 5 (2A, 3C - 16, 13 and 10) for one night before a cruise. We are flying into FLL, not arriving until 10 pm, but cruising out of Miami. We are leaning toward using SAS to get from the hotel to POM. Any hotel suggestions that will comfortably sleep 5 and SAS will pick up at? Thank you :)

I am staying at the LaQuinta in Hollywood next week for my Liberty cruise out of Miami. They have rooms for 5, free airport shuttle, free breakfast (great with kids) and QLS will pick up there. I booked QLS limo to surprise my kids but originally had the shared ride booked. With 5, its a few bucks cheaper and they start at 10am vs SAS starting at 11am for pickups. I don't know about you but I want to get to the port as soon as I can :D

Thanks for your help, i am also cruising next March and I have also booked this hotel, did you find a spot for alcohol near by?

Booked this hotel for March as it was reasonably priced and has an airport and cruise port shuttle. The reviews are somewhat mixed but seems to be good. Has anyone stayed here lately?

I see that the Oakwood Mall is about a 10 minute walk with a Kmart, Ross, Marshall and Big Lots. However, I cannot tell if there is anywhere closeby where I can purchase soft drinks and wine. Can anyone tell me if there is anything within walking distance.

Lastly, we will be there the day before so we are looking for somewhere to eat. I see there is an Ale house and a 50s diner in the mall. Any opinions on these are is there something better in the area to walk to (we are not seafood eaters).

Thanks for the help.

We are booked with the Ramada Downtown Hollywood in Jan 2013. We originally booked it because of the shopping/dining choices within walking distance. However they do not have a shuttle. Tried to get SAS which we have used before and they don't do Everglades anymore??? I have been in contact with Larry's Limos and Quality Limos.

I guess what I want to know - La Quinta in Hollywood was mentioned in a previous post. Which one is that (address) and is it near shopping/dining?

Also mentioned was Ft Lauderdale Beach Best Western and that it is near entertainment/ shopping/dining. No mention of a shuttle.

Which address is this one at?

And anyone with preference with Larry's limo over Quality Limo?

Thanks

Beth

Hi I looked around but could not find specifically what I need to know.

I will be in Sea Club Resort on 11/28, with a rental car. I'm hoping to leave my family for boarding and then return the car at Port Everglades, then proceed for boarding. This is doable?

Reach the port by 10:00 AM is a good idea?

I need to know if the access for the check-in facility is easy, coming in with a car. Then finding the drop-off for the rental(should be at the port, as per the rental company) and getting back for my check-in.

Thankx!

Thanks for your help, i am also cruising next March and I have also booked this hotel, did you find a spot for alcohol near by?

Royalcruz did respond that I could get soft drinks and wine at Kmart or BJs if I was a member (seeing that you are also from Canada, I going to assume that you are not a member either). I am not too sure about alcohol. I also read someone's review, and they said that Big Lots is now selling wine and beer.

There are no rental car places "on" Port Everglades property. Where the car is dropped off depends on who you rented from. National/Alamo are at the airport. Budget at the Quay Center, etc......

Thanks for the info.

On the site I was looking, one can select Port Everglades as a drop-off location. But I was afraid this was misleading.

We are booked with the Ramada Downtown Hollywood in Jan 2013. We originally booked it because of the shopping/dining choices within walking distance. However they do not have a shuttle. Tried to get SAS which we have used before and they don't do Everglades anymore??? I have been in contact with Larry's Limos and Quality Limos.

I guess what I want to know - La Quinta in Hollywood was mentioned in a previous post. Which one is that (address) and is it near shopping/dining?

Also mentioned was Ft Lauderdale Beach Best Western and that it is near entertainment/ shopping/dining. No mention of a shuttle.

Which address is this one at?

And anyone with preference with Larry's limo over Quality Limo?

Thanks

Beth

The address for LaQuinta is 2620 North 26th Ave in Hollywood, FL. I went with QLS since they get such high reviews on the boards and are somewhat cheaper. I have priced Larry's Limo for every cruise I needed services and to me he's a little on the high side. He does get good reviews though so I guess its what your looking for for services.

The address for LaQuinta is 2620 North 26th Ave in Hollywood, FL. I went with QLS since they get such high reviews on the boards and are somewhat cheaper. I have priced Larry's Limo for every cruise I needed services and to me he's a little on the high side. He does get good reviews though so I guess its what your looking for for services.

Thanks Girlscruise2011

I have to put in for a quote from QLS. I thought Larry's was high too. Have you or anyone else ever used either South Florida Shuttle or Orange Shuttles? Opinions anyone?

Thanks

Beth

Thanks Girlscruise2011

I have to put in for a quote from QLS. I thought Larry's was high too. Have you or anyone else ever used either South Florida Shuttle or Orange Shuttles? Opinions anyone?

Thanks

Beth

QLS has been very cooperative and gave me a good price. Are you sailing from Port Everglades? If so, LaQuinta has a shuttle. I think its free :confused:. I would call them directly and double check. Then you may not need to price all these shuttles :D

QLS has been very cooperative and gave me a good price. Are you sailing from Port Everglades? If so, LaQuinta has a shuttle. I think its free :confused:. I would call them directly and double check. Then you may not need to price all these shuttles :D

I checked La Quinta- they have no rooms. We are arriving Jan 11, 2013. But I did find out Ramaada Downtown Hollywood (where we are reserved) does have a shuttle. However, South Florida Shuttle sent me a great price. We have 3 pick-ups, 6 people and tons of luggage!

Thanks

Beth

We've read a lot of good things about Coconuts We're staying at Embassy Suites next Friday before our Saturday cruise How far is Coconuts from ES? Or would you not recommend it?

I love Coconuts. It is about 2.5-3 miles from ES. It's very popular, so expect to wait to be seated. The Oyster Bar attached next door is a nice place to wait. If you want seafood near ES, Kelly's Landing and Southport Raw Bar are practically across the street.

Just one question and it may have been answered already but here goes - 1). Can you bring water and soda as a carryon with you in Fort Lauderdale? You can out of San Juan but it has been a long time since we have cruised out of Florida.

Just one question and it may have been answered already but here goes - 1). Can you bring water and soda as a carryon with you in Fort Lauderdale? You can out of San Juan but it has been a long time since we have cruised out of Florida.

The only cruise line that does not allow it is Royal Caribbean (from any port) but they don't seem to enforce this rule most of the time.

I am surprising my wife with a 10 day cruise (Southern Caribbean) and we are flying in two days early. One of my bucket list items is to see the sunrise over the Atlantic. I am considering staying at the holiday inn express cruise port or the Hyatt place something around 150 per night. What are some good ideas for seeing the Atlantic Sunrise? (Fort Lauderdale)

Should I consider upgrading to a specific room in a specific hotel?

Should I plan on an early morning excursion to the beech? If so what is a safe way to do that? Hat are the areas to go to or the areas to stay away from.

We are hoping to get a place that is close to the cruise port and that has free shuttles from the airport.

Thanks!

Edited by TropicalAlbino

I am surprising my wife with a 10 day cruise (Southern Caribbean) and we are flying in two days early. One of my bucket list items is to see the sunrise over the Atlantic. I am considering staying at the holiday inn express cruise port or the Hyatt place something around 150 per night. What are some good ideas for seeing the Atlantic Sunrise? (Fort Lauderdale)

Should I consider upgrading to a specific room in a specific hotel?

Should I plan on an early morning excursion to the beech? If so what is a safe way to do that? Hat are the areas to go to or the areas to stay away from.

We are hoping to get a place that is close to the cruise port and that has free shuttles from the airport.

Thanks!

You should stay by the beach so that you can easily get onto the beach for the big event so early in the morning. The beach hotels do not have shuttles. If you don't stay by the beach, the port area is only about 2-3 miles away from the public beach. Just ask a taxi driver to take you to the public beach in Fort Lauderdale. Or you can stay at Sleep Inn which is only a mile from the beach in Dania. They have free breakfast & shuttles from the airport.

We're staying at the Hyatt Place in Dania Beach. Is it possible to get a cab that will take 3 adults plus luggage, without ordering a car service in advance? Do they have cabs that big?

We also have reservations at the Hyatt Place in Dania Beach. The hotel has a free shuttle to and from the airport and for $8pp they will take you to the port. If you want shuttled to the port make sure you sign up when you check in (the time slots are 10:00, 11:00 & 12:00 I believe).

Sharon, have you eaten at the Hollywood Ale House or (Miller Ale House), not sure which one it goes by? If so, do you recommend?