Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ

Bequia

We will be at the Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale next Saturday night and need to get my parents to a mass before we get on the ship. We won't have a car unless we have to. Is there St Sebastian's (the closest one) actually on a walkable route? We could easily walk the 30 minutes back and forth. Any other suggestions that are better?

We will be at the Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale next Saturday night and need to get my parents to a mass before we get on the ship. We won't have a car unless we have to. Is there St Sebastian's (the closest one) actually on a walkable route? We could easily walk the 30 minutes back and forth. Any other suggestions that are better?

St. Sebastian's is on a walkable route from Embassy Suites.

Since we will be without a car, taking private shuttle from airport to Gallery One hotel.....what is within walking distance for us to do. We will be arriving around 2:00 Saturday and sail Sunday. 2 adults 2 teens.

Stores or restaurants or beaches......we know about the mall already.

Hi Royalcruz When we come back from our cruise we are going to have the whole day in Fort Lauderdale. We are looking for a hotel that we could use for the day and has a pool. Do you know of any?.

Thank you,

Cindy

The only one that I know of is Rodeway Inn. It's an old somewhat renovated motel with a pool, with nothing around to walk to.

Since we will be without a car, taking private shuttle from airport to Gallery One hotel.....what is within walking distance for us to do. We will be arriving around 2:00 Saturday and sail Sunday. 2 adults 2 teens.

Stores or restaurants or beaches......we know about the mall already.

The beach is a few blocks away.

There are many restaurants within 2 blocks:

La Cantina Mexican

Franko & Vinnie's Italian

Jade Palace Chinese

Texas de Brazil steakhouse

PFChangs

Seasons 52

Capital One Grill

Trulucks

Starbucks

Burger Fi

There are lots of stores in the mall, and Publix is across the street. By the beach there are a few junky tourist stores.

Looking for suggestions again for our cruise on Allure in May. Family of 4 our boys are 15 and 11.

We will be flying to Ft Lauderdale, staying Fri and Sat night.

We will have a rental car to travel.

Looking for a descent hotel with hot breakfast and a pool. I don't mind driving a bit to find a good rate. I am considering using priceline-hotwire-etc. Hoping one of you locals can direct me on how to bid certain areas, or just get me in an area with better prices. Hoping to spend less than 150.00 for the two night stay. Is this possible? Where should I look??

Thanks!!

Edited by Brandonclan

Looking for suggestions again for our cruise on Allure in May. Family of 4 our boys are 15 and 11.

We will be flying to Ft Lauderdale, staying Fri and Sat night.

We will have a rental car to travel.

Looking for a descent hotel with hot breakfast and a pool. I don't mind driving a bit to find a good rate. I am considering using priceline-hotwire-etc. Hoping one of you locals can direct me on how to bid certain areas, or just get me in an area with better prices. Hoping to spend less than 150.00 for the two night stay. Is this possible? Where should I look??

Thanks!!

If you bid, you cannot count on breakfast and a pool. You should have no problem getting a good hotel on Priceline or Hotwire in May for under 150. In fact, you can get the Hyatt Place near the port for $99 on valuetrips (just wait a few days for a response.) It has free breakfast, free parking, and a pool. Also look at the Bahia Mar on hiltonfamilymvp (sign in with your free hhonors acct.) They won't give you free breakfast and parking but there's a pool and its right at the beach and the prices are well within your range. If you decide to use priceline or hotwire, the downdown or beach zones would be the most fun for your family. The problem with Priceline, though is you might not be able to specify the number of beds.

If you bid, you cannot count on breakfast and a pool. You should have no problem getting a good hotel on Priceline or Hotwire in May for under 150. In fact, you can get the Hyatt Place near the port for $99 on valuetrips (just wait a few days for a response.) It has free breakfast, free parking, and a pool. Also look at the Bahia Mar on hiltonfamilymvp (sign in with your free hhonors acct.) They won't give you free breakfast and parking but there's a pool and its right at the beach and the prices are well within your range. If you decide to use priceline or hotwire, the downdown or beach zones would be the most fun for your family. The problem with Priceline, though is you might not be able to specify the number of beds.

My budget is 150.00 total for BOTH nights not just one. I don't see any prices in my budget in the downtown or beach zones, thought I would try going away from F.L. I just don't know where to try that's safe.

Hello all,

We will be staying at the Cambria suites off 95 & Stirling, for one night precruise.

We have stayed in the area before and had a rental car. But really don't feel the need for one for just over night. I know the Oakwood plaza is across 95. I asked the hotel desk if it is safe to walk it and it you can safely go under/over 95. Of course the hotel told me yes, but I would like to get the locals opinion.

Also, can you tell me what all is in Oakwood Plaza (sorry its been a couple years) Is this where the BJ's and Kmart are? What restaurants??

thanks in advance

My budget is 150.00 total for BOTH nights not just one. I don't see any prices in my budget in the downtown or beach zones, thought I would try going away from F.L. I just don't know where to try that's safe.

Good luck...my advice, for what it's worth, is listen to Royalcruz and go for Hyatt Place. It's only $50 more for the two nights than your budget and still terrific bang for the buck. The possible cheaper alternatives will not be worth the small savings in location, safety, amenities, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Good luck...my advice, for what it's worth, is listen to Royalcruz and go for Hyatt Place. It's only $50 more for the two nights than your budget and still terrific bang for the buck. The possible cheaper alternatives will not be worth the small savings in location, safety, amenities, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

While I respect that statement, Hyatt pier 66 only had double beds from what I can see. maybe I'm wrong. We definitely prefer queen beds. I am still searching, I just don't think Royal realized what my budget was. There are other towns along the coast that have better rates, I will have a car and don't mind a little drive.

We are also staying at Gallery One Doubletree. Looks the nicest and best price. Anyway, we will be there two nights before the cruise and one after the cruise. We are coming in and out on Amtrak. How far would you guess it would be from the Amtrak to the hotel and then from hotel to cruise terminal? (Can always google map it but they don't tell you if it is busy roads).

We are doing the water taxi on the afternoon before a cruise and will end up on Los Olas Blvd.

Where is a good place for a casually dressed group to have supper?

We were there 2 years ago and had lunch at an Italian place, which was incredible, is that still there and if so, is it still as good?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You couldn't pay me any amount of money to stay there. You can call Fort Lauderdale police and ask about crime on that block...Maybe it's ok, but there is a very high (8 ft?) fence around the property because there needs to be one! The reviews on tripadvisor will give you many more reasons not to stay there.... http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34227-d84443-Reviews-Quality_Inn_Airport_Cruiseport_North-Fort_Lauderdale_Florida.html I would love for you to come and experience the nice city of Fort Lauderdale and not have to see that side of it.

If you click on this crime mapping link and look a little east of I95 on 842, that is where your hotel is. http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/Fort_Lauderdale-Florida/crime/

Thank you Royalcruz,

Finaly canceled our reservation and getting our pre-paid money back.

Now to try and find a new hotel :)

Hello all,

We will be staying at the Cambria suites off 95 & Stirling, for one night precruise.

We have stayed in the area before and had a rental car. But really don't feel the need for one for just over night. I know the Oakwood plaza is across 95. I asked the hotel desk if it is safe to walk it and it you can safely go under/over 95. Of course the hotel told me yes, but I would like to get the locals opinion.

Also, can you tell me what all is in Oakwood Plaza (sorry its been a couple years) Is this where the BJ's and Kmart are? What restaurants??

thanks in advance

I am staying at Cambria Suites next week:)...will try to remember

to post when I get back:)

Thank you. Do you have a rental car? Or will you also be walking??

I am staying there for only 1 night and I have a good friend who lives

in Miami....she is driving up and she is picking me up from the airport

and we are going out to dinner:)...so no rental and no walking;)

While I respect that statement, Hyatt pier 66 only had double beds from what I can see. maybe I'm wrong. We definitely prefer queen beds. I am still searching, I just don't think Royal realized what my budget was. There are other towns along the coast that have better rates, I will have a car and don't mind a little drive.

I hope u find a decent hotel with that budget. Weekend rates r high and especially in May. Have u looked up Tranquilo. U can get a 2 br suite for 99 per night. Near beach with nice pool and surrounds pretty much everything. I stayed there twice and my family absolutely loves it. And the rooms r big with kitchen so that saves if u wanna cook for the 2 days instead of eating out. I hope this helps.

I hope u find a decent hotel with that budget. Weekend rates r high and especially in May. Have u looked up Tranquilo. U can get a 2 br suite for 99 per night. Near beach with nice pool and surrounds pretty much everything. I stayed there twice and my family absolutely loves it. And the rooms r big with kitchen so that saves if u wanna cook for the 2 days instead of eating out. I hope this helps.

Thanks!! I know I am asking for a miracle here, but I'm trying!

I've actually been looking at Tranquilo and Vistamar villa because of the size of the rooms and the location close to the beach. Both are reasonably priced and have queen beds. I've also been looking at the Best Western in Dania beach because of the hot breakfast and modern rooms. All around 200.00 which is not bad for 600 sq. ft. of room. Tranquila being the most expensive of the three (did not find a 99.00 rate anywhere for this place).

I think we have it narrowed down to Vistamar Villa or best western with the villa getting the nod perhaps. Wish the Hyatt had queen beds! Still searching areas near.

Edited by Brandonclan

Thanks!! I know I am asking for a miracle here, but I'm trying!

I've actually been looking at Tranquilo and Vistimar villa because of the size of the rooms and the location close to the beach. Both are reasonably priced and have queen beds. I've also been looking at the Best Western in Dania beach because of the hot breakfast and modern rooms. All around 200.00 which is not bad for 600 sq. ft. of room.

My family of 6 stayed at Tranquilo in November. We had so much room. The hotel just recently renovated with mondern furnishings. If u read on tripadvisor...there r pictures with good reviews also. My sister cooked for breakfast and lunch. We only splurge on dinners out. Going out with a family of 6 gets pretty much expensive! We didn't have a car but everything is close by that we walked every where...and they had a mini shuttle for 3 bucks that took us to Los Olas and all the water views.

My family of 6 stayed at Tranquilo in November. We had so much room. The hotel just recently renovated with mondern furnishings. If u read on tripadvisor...there r pictures with good reviews also. My sister cooked for breakfast and lunch. We only splurge on dinners out. Going out with a family of 6 gets pretty much expensive! We didn't have a car but everything is close by that we walked every where...and they had a mini shuttle for 3 bucks that took us to Los Olas and all the water views.

I like the looks of this place but did not find a 99.00 rate anywhere. Where did you book? What price did you get?

I like the looks of this place but did not find a 99.00 rate anywhere. Where did you book? What price did you get?

The dates in May r a little high. I did it on their website. But I did see Royal Beach Place for 2 nights is 196. That place just reopen from renovations. My neighbor stayed there and gave it good reviews. I did Tranquilo in November and it was 99 per night then. Sorry. I try to look around for u. What dates in May?