Captain / Hotel Director / Cruise Director Thread (Updated Through December 2014)

malcliz

Hi Andy. Please can you tell us if you know who the Captain is on the Quest at the moment - or rather on the 17th June when we sail? Thanks

Hi Malcliiz,

I've asked. Stay Tuned.

Hi Andy. Please can you tell us if you know who the Captain is on the Quest at the moment - or rather on the 17th June when we sail? Thanks

Hi Malcliz,

Quest June 17th sailing :

Master - Carl Smith

Hotel Director - Philip Herbert

Cruise Director - Russ Grieve

How's that for a quick reply ? :) I hope this helps !

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Malcliz,

Master - Carl Smith

You are very lucky Malcliz - you have the "dream team". :)

I hope they are still there for my cruise on Quest at the end of September.

There are probably many "dream teams" on Azamara. We recently had Captain Leif Karlsson, HotMan Philip Herbert and CD Russ Grieve. They sure measured up to what I consider a "dream team." I know some other Masters get more press here, so just saying'. :):)

It does seem like Azamara has great crews throughout. We had Capt Jason Ikiadis and Tony Markey as Cruise Director and I thought they were both fantastic. Nice to know so many are well liked.

Rob

Hi Malcliz,

Master - Carl Smith

You are very lucky Malcliz - you have the "dream team". :)

I hope they are still there for my cruise on Quest at the end of September.

I hope that they will be on our 15th July Greek Isles/22nd July Black Sea b2b cruise. We were with Carl and Russ on the Quest last Sept.

We have had the pleasure of sailing with Captain Johannes Tysse on 4 sailings and he is wonderful!!! He was filling in last Oct/Nov for the Quest captain and then we had him on the Journey in Jan/Feb 2012.

We are on the Quest again on the Oct. 27-Nov 8 sailing and would like to know who the captian, hotel and cruise director will be. This is the last cruise before going into dry dock.

Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

I see that we have several new requests, and I'm on it. When I have your answers, I will post again. Stay Tuned !

Hi Everyone,

I see that we have several new requests, and I'm on it. When I have your answers, I will post again. Stay Tuned !

Hi Andy, we're on the Quest Oct. 6, 2012 -- can we add our request to find out who will be scheduled to staff this cruise date? Thanks!

I just have to jump in here and say that I am one of those lucky people who has been able to sail with all FOUR of the Amazaing Azamara captains over the past few years and have enjoyed the fabulous services of Heike, Philip and Scott as Hotel Directors. I have also loved the variety of Cruise Directors. Eric DeGray and Tony Markey, despite being very different individuals, "wow" us every time we see them. What we have found is that each and everyone of these very special individuals brings something unique and different to our cruising experience. ALL fantastic!! ALL Favourites!! These people make Azamara what it is today....a very SPECIAL place to be no matter WHO is in charge.

I just have to jump in here and say that I am one of those lucky people who has been able to sail with all FOUR of the Amazaing Azamara captains over the past few years and have enjoyed the fabulous services of Heike, Philip and Scott as Hotel Directors. I have also loved the variety of Cruise Directors. Eric DeGray and Tony Markey, despite being very different individuals, "wow" us every time we see them. What we have found is that each and everyone of these very special individuals brings something unique and different to our cruising experience. ALL fantastic!! ALL Favourites!! These people make Azamara what it is today....a very SPECIAL place to be no matter WHO is in charge.

I was about to post the same. I would not be concerned whoever you have, they are all special

Just checking any news on crew for 10/06/2012!!

Hi Everyone,

I've asked, but I'm waiting for answers. I will post as soon as I receive a reply. Thanks for your patience.

I think that it is a wonderful tribute to Azamara that the guests actually get excited about who the crew will be on the ship; the captain, the CD the Hotel Manager. We that have sailed with Azamara have gotton to know and love these people and the service they provide. I don't see this on the other cruise line boards on Cruise Critic . And , having sailed with several different captains , CDs and Hotel managers,I think they are ALL wonderful!

I think that it is a wonderful tribute to Azamara that the guests actually get excited about who the crew will be on the ship; the captain, the CD the Hotel Manager. We that have sailed with Azamara have gotton to know and love these people and the service they provide. I don't see this on the other cruise line boards on Cruise Critic . And , having sailed with several different captains , CDs and Hotel managers,I think they are ALL wonderful!

Agree, knowing who the crew will be does add to the excitement and anticipation of spending another wonderful cruise with Azamara. Thank you Andy, we'll continue to "stay tuned."

Edited by shoesonfire
remove an unintended extra word

I was about to post the same. I would not be concerned whoever you have, they are all special

Hi GrandmaJ & Uktog,

I couldn't agree more. While many Azamara fans have our "favorites", they are all very special. I hope to be fortunate enough to meet all of Azamara's wonderful Officers & Crew in the years ahead.

• 2 weeks later...
Agree, knowing who the crew will be does add to the excitement and anticipation of spending another wonderful cruise with Azamara. Thank you Andy, we'll continue to "stay tuned."

Hi Andy: Just wondering if you had updated information on Quest staff for 10/06/2012. Can't wait to be back onboard, trying to remain calm and staying tuned!

Hi Andy: Just wondering if you had updated information on Quest staff for 10/06/2012. Can't wait to be back onboard, trying to remain calm and staying tuned!

Hi Shoesonfire,

I asked last week, and was advised the information should be available around late July. It's on my "to-do list". As soon as I hear something, I will report back.