Captain / Hotel Director / Cruise Director Thread (Updated Through December 2014)

malcliz

Journey sailing Dec 23, 2013 out of Singapore....

Please advise

Captain

Hotel Director

Cruise Director

Thank you

Ditto Turquoise Coast cruise on Journey on 30th August 2013 please :)

Please keep in mind, you are quoting my comments from 4 months ago. As we state repeatedly, schedules can always change without notice. We are working on obtaining an update, which should bring things up to date. Stay Tuned !

Not to be a pest Andy, but between Bill and you we have been waiting over 2 weeks for over answer. Surely the staff knows their their schedules for the next several months.

Not to be a pest Andy, but between Bill and you we have been waiting over 2 weeks for over answer. Surely the staff knows their their schedules for the next several months.

Hi Kiawahdon,

I'm sure that Bill is working on it. Hopefully, we'll have an updated list shortly.

I know (because he told me) that Carl Smith is on Quest for an extended period from late September until January 5. So he's the Captain for the Christmas and New Year's sailings in the Caribbean, but won't be on board for the Panama Canal, Mexico and California sailings thereafter.

Floris

Hello Kiawahdon -

As Andy mentioned, I'm seeking the information but there are still a few time slots that are subject to change, mostly with the Azamara Quest. Rather than post inaccurate information, I've been waiting for the approved schedule. Also, I wanted to avoid sharing the information in a piece-meal fashion.

If I'm unable to secure that final information, then I'll forward what I do have to Andy so that he can post it on the forum on Monday or Tuesday.

I'm sorry for your frustration and appreciate that you're running out of patience.

Best Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Hello Kiawahdon -

As Andy mentioned, I'm seeking the information but there are still a few time slots that are subject to change, mostly with the Azamara Quest. Rather than post inaccurate information, I've been waiting for the approved schedule. Also, I wanted to avoid sharing the information in a piece-meal fashion.

If I'm unable to secure that final information, then I'll forward what I do have to Andy so that he can post it on the forum on Monday or Tuesday.

I'm sorry for your frustration and appreciate that you're running out of patience.

Best Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello Bill

I think sticking to Plan A might be better, you are right to avoid sharing information piecemeal and if there are gaps in what you share there will just be endless speculation etc.

One day you will tell us, but whilst it is nice to know who might be on board I can wait until embarkation day if need be as Azamara has a great team of officers all are so good I would hate to actually have to choose my preferred combination!

Thanks for your persistence and if need be, we should wait!

Not sure if there is a popular thread like this on other cruiseline forums, but if there are I bet there aren't many. It is an indication of how much Azamara cruisers value the officers on their ships and it's good to know, but don't give Bill and Andy a hard time if you have to wait a bit. They kindly provide this information to our community over and above what we should expect.

Phil

Not sure if there is a popular thread like this on other cruiseline forums, but if there are I bet there aren't many.

Phil

When I was watching the Celebrity boards prior to a cruise earlier this year there was a detailed spreadsheet of who was doing what...entertainers etc. I remember at the time thinking it was a bit over the top. Do people choose their cruises by who the staff are?

Like you, we think all the Azamara staff do a great job, and it has no effect on our choice.

Cheers,

Sue

When I was watching the Celebrity boards prior to a cruise earlier this year there was a detailed spreadsheet of who was doing what...entertainers etc. I remember at the time thinking it was a bit over the top. Do people choose their cruises by who the staff are?

Like you, we think all the Azamara staff do a great job, and it has no effect on our choice.

Cheers,

Sue

That list is maintained by a well seasoned X cruiser. I think he used to have input from Celebrity on keeping it up to date, but they backed away at some point and now it is kept current by reports from cruisers only. There are so many crew listed there and with inevitable staff changes I don't find it of any value personally. With only two small ships and fewer crew I think there is merit in having an Azamara officer list posted here, even if only for interest and anticipation (I know I look forward to for example Captain Johannes, Philip or Ryszard, Russ Grieve being onboard), but wouldn't choose my cruise based on it. Many of the more general staff on the ship that I have got to know make just as much difference to me. I guess my point was this is an extra we should be grateful for and not demanding of.

Phil

Hello Bill

I think sticking to Plan A might be better, you are right to avoid sharing information piecemeal and if there are gaps in what you share there will just be endless speculation etc.

One day you will tell us, but whilst it is nice to know who might be on board I can wait until embarkation day if need be as Azamara has a great team of officers all are so good I would hate to actually have to choose my preferred combination!

Thanks for your persistence and if need be, we should wait!

Hello UKtog and other readers -

I appreciate your thoughtful reminder that our onboard Azamara team of officers and staff are all so good and proficient in managing the Azamara onboard experience that it would be difficult to select the perfect combination.

I do have the final version of the complete staffing schedule for the Azamara Journey for the voyages operating from August 4, 2013 through January 6, 2014. Andy will be posting that information on the appropriate thread sometime tomorrow. Thanks Andy for your time and effort.

I'm unable to share the complete Azamara Quest schedule at this time. The Captains' schedules are still being sorted and there are a few other "holes." I'll keep you updated on the progress.

Thank you all for your patience.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hi Everyone,

Here's the updated List for Journey. When Bill can provide us an update on Quest, I will be happy to post it. Please note the new format, and I hope this is helpful !

Format:

Sailing Date

Captain

Hotel Director

Cruise Director

4-Aug

Jason Ikiadis

Ryszard Gusmann

Tony Markey

11-Aug (Charter)

Jason Ikiadis

Ryszard Gusmann

Tony Markey

18-Aug

Jason Ikiadis

Ryszard Gusmann

Tony Markey

30-Aug

Jason Ikiadis

Heike Berdos

Tony Markey

10-Sep

Jason Ikiadis

Heike Berdos

Tony Markey

21-Sep

Johannes Tysse

Heike Berdos

Eric DeGray

1-Oct

Johannes Tysse

Heike Berdos

Eric DeGray

8-Oct

Johannes Tysse

Heike Berdos

Eric DeGray

19-Oct

Johannes Tysse

Heike Berdos

Eric DeGray

26-Oct

Johannes Tysse

Heike Berdos

Eric DeGray

9-Nov

Johannes Tysse

Heike Berdos

Eric DeGray

25-Nov

Jason Ikiadis

Heike Berdos

Eric DeGray

9-Dec

Jason Ikiadis

Heike Berdos

Eric DeGray

23-Dec

Jason Ikiadis

Heike Berdos

Eric DeGray

6-Jan-14

Jason Ikiadis

Heike Berdos

Eric DeGray

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Bill

When you have the info, please post the Azamazing Evening and senior crew info for the 16 Mar 14 Quest cruise in the West Indies. Thanks for all your support.

I guess you have not been reading the boards? You might want to relax for several months. We have no details on the Quest Captain, HM, etc. for August!

Hi Bill

When you have the info, please post the Azamazing Evening and senior crew info for the 16 Mar 14 Quest cruise in the West Indies. Thanks for all your support.

Hi Sanatee,

The Journey list was updated last week, into the first sailing of January 2014. We hope to have a Quest update shortly, but it will probably not go beyond the end of 2013.

My guess is, there's several months ahead, before we'll have Q1 2014 and beyond. Please keep an eye on this thread for updates : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1640015&page=4

Im merging this thread into the above thread, so as not to have multiple threads on the same topic. Thanks very much !

Edited by Host Andy

How far in advance do you know who the officers on a cruise will be? Do you know who the officers will be on the January 5, 2014 Quest 10 Night National Parks and Canal cruise?

Also, where can we get more information about the Azamazing Evening for this cruise?

How far in advance do you know who the officers on a cruise will be? Do you know who the officers will be on the January 5, 2014 Quest 10 Night National Parks and Canal cruise?

Also, where can we get more information about the Azamazing Evening for this cruise?

Hi Zona,

We hope to have an updated list for Quest shortly. However, it will likely be for sailings through the end of 2013. As you are only 1 sailing away from that date, it may give you an idea of who's onboard.

Regarding your AzAmazing evening question, I could only find sailings through 2013 on the Azamara Website. Perhaps Bill Leiber can advise on availabilty of dates beyond 2013.

I hope this is helpful !

Since Sig on board now and arrived a few weeks ago and gets two onths off i think it is him in Jan,. Love to meet Carl. Russis also on board now so it helps to count months..

Since Johannes is home resting he goes back in Sept and will be off for Cmas again. Helps to learn how many months that person contract is for.

When I spoke to Carl Smith in May he said he would be on for 'an extended period' from late September through January 5. However, given how long it's taking to pull the Quest data together, that might have changed (?).

When I spoke to Carl Smith in May he said he would be on for 'an extended period' from late September through January 5. However, given how long it's taking to pull the Quest data together, that might have changed (?).

I know i have Sig for my all my cruises and it looks like in jan too. guess i will never meet Carl.

with my luck Johanees will be on holiday when i step onto his ship too.

Get the poor guy's name right. It's Stig.

Phil

sorry Phil.. I had drinks with him but it is not like I see his name in print that offen. he is very nice just like to meet the 4th captain of the ships.

sorry Phil.. I had drinks with him but it is not like I see his name in print that offen. he is very nice just like to meet the 4th captain of the ships.

So, Robin, that means we will have Captain Stig for our September 21 Azamara Quest cruise together? We had Captain Carl last October for our first Azamara cruise, and he truly was very charming and outgoing, as well as very youthful looking in comparison to the greybeards we have met on our Oceania cruises. Of course, that also meant that everytime we pulled out of port we heard in excruciating/delightful detail (depending on your perspective) the precise moves the ship would be making for our departure.

Edited by CintiPam

So, Robin, that means we will have Captain Stig for our September 21 Azamara Quest cruise together? unless something changes as i had dinner with him right before i got off with others and he mention friends coming on in Sept. my cruises work with his time on ship. We had Captain Carl last October for our first Azamara cruise, and he truly was very charming and outgoing, as well as very youthful looking in comparison to the greybeards we have met on our Oceania cruises. Of course, that also meant that everytime we pulled out of port we heard in excruciating/delightful detail (depending on your perspective) the precise moves the ship would be making for our departure.

I have not met him but i am very use to Johaness and he gives great noon day chats and yuo see him everywhere. Stig is not around as much but is very funny when you get to know him.. i got lucky thru his GF. i wish Stig would say more but he and Jason are lower key than the other two Captains.

I have not met him but i am very use to Johaness and he gives great noon day chats and yuo see him everywhere. Stig is not around as much but is very funny when you get to know him.. i got lucky thru his GF. i wish Stig would say more but he and Jason are lower key than the other two Captains.

OK by me. Of the three officer positions mentioned on this thread, it is the Cruise Director who is most important to me because I believe he sets the tone for the onboard activities in which I engage on a daily basis. Russ was terrific: very friendly, talented and such fun at the White Nights party off Sorrento last fall.

Edited by CintiPam

OK by me. Of the three officer positions mentioned on this thread, it is the Cruise Director who is most important to me because I believe he sets the tone for the onboard activities in which I engage on a daily basis. Russ was terrific: very friendly, talented and such fun at the White Nights party off Sorrento last fall.

I have had both men as CD's on the Quest and Tony on both ships.. i prefered Russ's White Nights. it was busier , more upbeat music etc.. I like all three CD's but Russ is my fave.

No one ever mentions La Club Voyager Hostress either.. All three do their jobs very well but i do have my favorires.

Edited by ellbon