Captain / Hotel Director / Cruise Director Thread (Updated Through December 2014)

malcliz

Captain Carl is from the Isle of Man. Can't imagine he would let anyone else take his ship to his home island.

Hi Marinaro,

That's exactly right. If you look at the schedule, I initially questioned if there might possibly be an error, as Captain Carl leaves for vacation on the previous sailing, returns for the July 3 sailing, then leaves for vacation once again, after the July 3rd sailing. On paper, it didnt look right to me, and that was the explanation given.

Of course, it all makes perfect sense now !

Edited by Host Andy

Captain Carl is from the Isle of Man. Can't imagine he would let anyone else take his ship to his home island.

He most certainly wouldn't! ;)

They are planning a big welcome home for him....with all sorts of boats greeting Quest as she sails in to Douglas. Should be an amazing sight and I would REALLY like to be on that cruise.

Hi Marinaro,

That's exactly right. If you look at the schedule, I initially questioned if there might possibly be an error, as Captain Carl leaves for vacation on the previous sailing, returns for the July 3 sailing, then leaves for vacation once again, after the July 3rd sailing. On paper, it didnt look right to me, and that was the explanation given.

We were on the Quest in Dec and asked Captain Carl if he would be on-board in July 2013. He was originally schedule to be, but the rotation was changed so he could be home in Dec for the birth of his baby.

However, because the Isle of Man visit had been planned as a special homecoming for Captain Carl, AZ is bringing him back just for this cruise. He talked about some of the plans for the day and Lottie A is quite right, it sounds like it will be a very special welcome. I also understand that this will be Azamara's first time in port.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know who the Captain,Hotel Director and Cruise Director will be for the June 3 sailing?

We are also on this cruise, have you signed up for the meet & mingle?.

There is a roll call for the cruise but up until now it is very quite & not many people seem to have signed up.

Sorry ignore this, we are on Journey not Quest

Edited by Bloodaxe
Wrong cruise

Hi Everyone,

I'm pleased to provide an update to the Captain / Hotel Director / Cruise Director List. Here's the latest, for Azamara Quest sailings from March - July 2013.

Our thanks to Bill Leiber, and everyone at Azamara for providing this information. Please be advised, the following list is always subject to change.

Enjoy !

Azamara Quest :

===========

DATE / CAPTAIN / HOTEL DIRECTOR/ CRUISE DIRECTOR

MARCH 2 - Stig Nilsen, Philip Herbert, Tony Markey

MARCH 14 - Carl Smith, Philip Herbert, Tony Markey

MARCH 27 - Carl Smith, Philip Herbert, Tony Markey

APRIL 3 - Carl Smith, Philip Herbert, Tony Markey

APRIL 10 - Carl Smith, Philip Herbert, Tony Markey

APRIL 21 - Carl Smith, Ryszard Gusmann, Russ Grieve

APRIL 28 - Carl Smith, Ryszard Gusmann, Russ Grieve

MAY 5 - Carl Smith, Ryszard Gusmann, Russ Grieve

MAY 16 - CHARTER

MAY 23 - Carl Smith, Ryszard Gusmann, Russ Grieve

JUNE 3 - Carl Smith, Ryszard Gusmann, Russ Grieve

JUNE 10 - Carl Smith, Ryszard Gusmann, Russ Grieve

JUNE 22 - Stig Nilsen, Philip Herbert, Russ Grieve

JULY 3 - Carl Smith, Philip Herbert, Russ Grieve

JULY 14 - Stig Nilsen, Philip Herbert, Russ Grieve

JULY 24 - Stig Nilsen, Philip Herbert, Russ Grieve

over a mpnth.

I know Sig is on in August but i do hope Russ is on over Tony. Philip is great helped me with a few problems

Hi Marinaro,

over dinner this is what Sig told me. he gets to take his ship home to Norway. i was very lucky to spend some time with him and met his daughter.

Hi Andy!

Can you tell me if Tony Markey will be the CD on the Quest from Venice on 9/21/13? It would be our 3rd AZ cruise with Tony as our CD. Last time he greeted us like old friends.. it was nice!

If not I'm sure whomever it will be will be super as well.

Thanks for letting me know if you know.:)

• 1 month later...

Hi Both

Do you have Captain/Cruise Director info for sailings after July 2013

Particularly interested in Journey 1st Oct - round trip Rome

Also do you know when Hong Kong hotels for Jan 2014 will be loaded the Singapore hotels have been listed for quite a while

Thanks

Sue

Hi Both

Do you have Captain/Cruise Director info for sailings after July 2013

Particularly interested in Journey 1st Oct - round trip Rome

Also do you know when Hong Kong hotels for Jan 2014 will be loaded the Singapore hotels have been listed for quite a while

Thanks

Sue

Hello Sue -

I'm seeking the staffing information for our voyages for the second half of 2013 and once received, Andy will update the thread.

With respect to the hotels that will be used during the first-half of 2014, I'll find out from our tour operations team when that information will be available and loaded into the system.

I'll let you know the answers on this thread.

Thank you for your business.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

• 2 weeks later...
Bill,

Any news since it has been almost 2 weeks?

Hello Kiawahon -

I expect to have that information sometime next week. I'm sorry for the delay, but we want to make sure that the information we post has been reviewed once more by each vessels' hotel directors.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello Kiawahon -

I expect to have that information sometime next week. I'm sorry for the delay, but we want to make sure that the information we post has been reviewed once more by each vessels' hotel directors.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hi, I'm new to this thread, and also eager for the hotel information. I'm not really adding to the thread, but am really just posting so that I get the alerts of new posts.

Hi everyone.

Hi Marinaro,

I discussed this with Captain Carl on our recent Quest cruise. As we all know he is on leave for 3 weeks before returning for his homecoming cruise.

What he told me was, he hopes to be able to leave the ship in Douglas, spend a bit of time on the Isle of Man (he still has a property in Peel) and then return to his family in the Czech Republic. However he may have to continue on to Dublin were the cruise ends, this is because when he signs on as Captain he is responsible for the ship for the whole duration of the cruise. He is trying to find a way around this, however if its not possible he will complete the cruise and then fly back to the Isle of Man from Dublin.

Hi Malcliz,

Quest June 17th sailing :

Master - Carl Smith

Hotel Director - Philip Herbert

Cruise Director - Russ Grieve

How's that for a quick reply ? :) I hope this helps !

Hi -- I think Captain Smith will be on leave at that time

Please keep in mind, you are quoting my comments from 4 months ago. As we state repeatedly, schedules can always change without notice. We are working on obtaining an update, which should bring things up to date. Stay Tuned !

Edited by Host Andy

First: There´s no June 17 sailing. Present sailing started June 10 in STH and ends up in STO June 22. Second: Captain Smith is not onboard, as Captain Nilsen is at the helm right now.