Captain / Hotel Director / Cruise Director Thread (Updated Through December 2014)

malcliz

Captain Carl Smith is leaving the company?

Hello Jade 13 -

Absolutely NOT!

The last assigned voyage for Captain Carl Smith for the balance of 2013 is Oct 23. 2013. We don't have the 2014 schedule yet!

I can see that I must make a greater effort to explain myself more clearly. Please put that out of your mind.

Other readers, please disregard this misunderstanding!

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Here's the latest update for Azamara Quest. Special thanks to Bill Leiber & Azamara for providing. As always, please be aware that schedules are subject to change.

The format is as follows :

Date

Captain

Hotel Director

Cruise Director

TBA = To Be Announced

I hope this is helpful !

==========================

14-Sep

Carl Smith

Philip Herbert

Russ Grieve

21-Sep

Carl Smith

Philip Herbert

Tony Markey

28-Sep

Carl Smith

Philip Herbert

Tony Markey

9-Oct

Carl Smith

Philip Herbert

Tony Markey

16-Oct

Carl Smith

Philip Herbert

Tony Markey

23-Oct

Carl Smith

Ryszard Gusmann

Tony Markey

2-Nov

TBA

Ryszard Gusmann

Tony Markey

13-Nov

TBA

Ryszard Gusmann

Tony Markey

26-Nov

TBA

Ryszard Gusmann

Russ Grieve

8-Dec

TBA

Ryszard Gusmann

Russ Grieve

20-Dec

TBA

Ryszard Gusmann

Russ Grieve

28-Dec

TBA

Ryszard Gusmann

Russ Grieve

5-Jan-14

TBA

Ryszard Gusmann

Russ Grieve

Edited by Host Andy

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Everyone,

Here's the latest update for Azamara Quest. Special thanks to Bill Leiber & Azamara for providing. As always, please be aware that schedules are subject to change.

Don't see any news on this thread. Would assume since it's the end of September that AZ must know who the Captain will be from November 2 onward. Andy, any word from Bill Lieber on this?

Thanks for all your assistance on this forum.

I am in the Quest now ., Carl is not sure yet when he is leaving. As of this week the captain to be was in final interviews. So I doubt if I will see him in jan. Philip goes in Nov still. Many crew leave in Nov and come back in Jan. so no way would I say who will be here for cmas.

Hello Future Azamara Quest Guests -

Received official word today that I am not able to advise you of the new Master for the Azamara Quest.

Please stay tuned for the information along with an updated schedule that hopefully will include the first-quarter of 2014.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Received official word today that I am not able to advise you of the new Master for the Azamara Quest.

Thanks Bill.

We await the announcement of a new Master for QUEST and look forward to meeting this Officer next time we are on board.

With Carl, Jason and Johannes we can only assume that this person will add to this unbelievable Dream Team. :-)

Bill, Any information about the Master and CD on the Journey's early 2014 Asia cruises? Thanks so much, we do appreciate all you do for us.

Hi Cruzluvers,

Bill's most recent update, was from only 2 days ago, advising us to stay tuned, so that's the latest. I suspect we will hear more, once the Captain selection is made.

Edited by Host Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Received word today that we will be officially announcing the appointment of Captain José Vilarinho as the Master for the Azamara Quest with Captain Carl Smith, starting with the November 2, 2013 Voyage from Civitavecchia to Seville. As you know, our Captains spend 3 months on and 3 months off, so each ship needs 2 captains.

Most recently he served as Staff Captain on AIDA Cruises' M/V AIDAvita and prior, between 2005 - 2011, as the Master for M/V Athena and M/V Arion. Please stay tuned for an official announcement that will provide more information about his experience and personal history.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

We will be sailing with Captain Jose on his first two Quest cruises. I hope he is going to be as visible and involved as the other three Azamara captains. Their ongoing presence and interaction with guests adds immeasurably to the Azamara experience, and contributes greatly in differentiating Azamara from its competitors.

Received word today that we will be officially announcing the appointment of Captain José Vilarinho as the Master for the Azamara Quest with Captain Carl Smith, starting with the November 2, 2013 Voyage from Civitavecchia to Seville. As you know, our Captains spend 3 months on and 3 months off, so each ship needs 2 captains.

Most recently he served as Staff Captain on AIDA Cruises' M/V AIDAvita and prior, between 2005 - 2011, as the Master for M/V Athena and M/V Arion. Please stay tuned for an official announcement that will provide more information about his experience and personal history.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hi Bill...glad to hear of the new Master for Quest. I wonder, given your comment that captains spend three months on and three off, whether Captain Carl will be back for the January 29 Quest voyage or whether Captain Jose will stay on through mid February?

Thanks.

Hi Everyone,

The format is as follows :

Date

Captain

Hotel Director

Cruise Director

TBA = To Be Announced

I hope this is helpful !

==========================

14-Sep

Carl Smith

Philip Herbert

Russ Grieve

21-Sep

Carl Smith

Philip Herbert

Tony Markey

28-Sep

Carl Smith

Philip Herbert

Tony Markey

9-Oct

Carl Smith

Philip Herbert

Tony Markey

16-Oct

Carl Smith

Philip Herbert

Tony Markey

23-Oct

Carl Smith

Ryszard Gusmann

Tony Markey

2-Nov

TBA

Ryszard Gusmann

Tony Markey

13-Nov

TBA

Ryszard Gusmann

Tony Markey

26-Nov

TBA

Ryszard Gusmann

Russ Grieve

8-Dec

TBA

Ryszard Gusmann

Russ Grieve

20-Dec

TBA

Ryszard Gusmann

Russ Grieve

28-Dec

TBA

Ryszard Gusmann

Russ Grieve

5-Jan-14

TBA

Ryszard Gusmann

Russ Grieve

Hi,

We are booked on the Quest on Jan 15. Any info yet on Capt., Hotel and Cruise directors for this sailing?

Thanks in advance,

Kathryn

I can't believe the impatience on this thread. Bill and Andy have posted 7 times (!) now that as soon as the information is available, they will post it.

Floris

i know philip comes back on in jan. .not sure of the week. Russ is there too. does the captain make your cruise/ I guess so?

but is it realy 7 times>:eek::confused: