Grand B429/431/433 B428/430/432

phillipahain

All 6 of these Balcony staterooms CANNOT be converted to a Queen Bed configuration

Neither the deck plans in brochures or on the web carry the correct symbol to show this and Pursers desk try to tell you they can be converted whereas cabin steward and deck supervisor know thats a lie

see photos in http://photobucket.com/phillipahain

These cabins also lack bedside table and lamps etc that you find in all other BC cabins

Quite a shock to enter these when your preference is for a queen and you realise just how badly laid out and inconvienient they are

The deckplans on Grand should be marked as such if those cabins have beds that could not be converted to queens. I would be absolutely furious if I thought I had booked an ordinary balcony cabin and, with no markings on deckplans to indicate otherwise, found out it had two single beds.

Does this particular B-deck layout issue occur on any other Grand-class ships?

Also, curiously, why are these cabins even arranged like that? I could understand if it was an interior cabin bordered by some sort of machinery space, but it's just (or seems to be) a normal BC-grade cabin.

Those recesses behind the bed are 2inches in depth and other than being able to put a book in them sideways or a tiny clock or your watch they are B ****y useless

They have a stupid little strip light in them but they are no use for reading in bed as theres no headboard and if you prop your pillows against the recess they block the light

The reason there are 4 of them is to accomodate the upper bunks

There are NO BEDSIDE TABLES whatever

All thats in those rooms is :-------

2 Single Beds

I standard desk unit with drawers on either side as per all other Balcony cabins

Fridge cupboard with TV above again as per other balcony cabins

The Bathroom is behind the left hand bed in the photo and the shower entrance gap is compromised by the toilet ...........the hanging space/wardrobe is behind the the right hand bed and is similarily compromised space wise..........certainly could not accomodate the clothes for 4 people

I agree its totally wrong of Princess not to mark these rooms correctly on deck plans

I think there are similar rooms on the Sun and the Dawn

But it would be interesting to know of all of them throughout the fleet

What really makes me mad is they are BC cabins with positively no reduction for being so impossibly lousy

All 6 of these Balcony staterooms CANNOT be converted to a Queen Bed configuration

Neither the deck plans in brochures or on the web carry the correct symbol to show this and Pursers desk try to tell you they can be converted whereas cabin steward and deck supervisor know thats a lie

These cabins also lack bedside table and lamps etc that you find in all other BC cabins

Quite a shock to enter these when your preference is for a queen and you realise just how badly laid out and inconvienient they are

Grand's deck plan marks these cabins as accomodating third and fourth persons. A clue that they may be "redesigned". It's probably wise to avoid any such cabin on any ship. Unless, of course, you are a party of four. :p

I guess this only applies to the Grand Princess? You should post this in the Cabin Selection folder too. I think there is a thread there titled "don't book these cabins" based on various reasons....

Thanks for letting us know!

I guess this only applies to the Grand Princess? You should post this in the Cabin Selection folder too. I think there is a thread there titled "don't book these cabins" based on various reasons....

Thanks for letting us know!

Just checked and that thread is 67 pages long!!!!!

I would bet that these cabins are the same on all Grand class ships.

I said before and I'll say again that I can't believe this is the first time someone has complained about these rooms!!!!! :confused::confused::confused:

I can just imagine if we had a 14 day cruise planned and then walked into that room :eek: I would bet you could hear my husband for MILES!

phillipahain - at least you could see your experience as saving future cruisers from staying in these rooms!

dezheaven

Is there a RED DOT on B430 on the Golden

If there is contact Princess and request a photo of the cabin and kick up a stink if its the same as the Grand

Loads of BC cabins on the Grand have a red dot

but only the ones i have highlighted on Baja Deck have the lousy cabin

i dont know about the other decks

We had a BC cabin on the Baja deck on CB with the red dot, there were four of us, and it was a normal balcony stateroom with a queen bed and the bunks coming out of the wall and ceiling.

I'm shocked that these rooms on the Grand haven't been posted on this board before!! There are very few things that I think deserve compensation, but the misleading info on these rooms are one of them!!

all 6 of these balcony staterooms cannot be converted to a queen bed configuration

neither the deck plans in brochures or on the web carry the correct symbol to show this and pursers desk try to tell you they can be converted whereas cabin steward and deck supervisor know thats a lie

these cabins also lack bedside table and lamps etc that you find in all other bc cabins

quite a shock to enter these when your preference is for a queen and you realise just how badly laid out and inconvienient they are

Thank you for this post ! - We are booked on the Grand in B427 for the 21 day transatlantic in November. I sure hope that room is not the same as those that you list - you can be sure that I will let all know when we return !

I am booked on the Diamond Princess in B 432.

Does anyone know if the beds in that room on the Diamond can be made into a queen?

Thanks, in advance.

PS Maybe the answer lies in the word "Grand", but I am a Princess newbie and hope I am entitled to at least one brain cramp.

Grand is not a word i would use to describe the general state of the ship especially the paintwork on balconies .......more layers of rust than paint than i have ever seen on any ship

That is a shame. The balconies were terribly rusty on the Grand in 2008 as well. The only bad ones I had seen out of 7 Princess ships. Really thick rust in huge areas. Our balcony furniture was heavily stained with rust dripping down from above. I just tryed to ignore that until it started staining our clothing! They replaced the covers for us then, instead of at the end of the voyage as was planned.

Where do i find "Cabin Selection Folder "

I will post the pictures etc on there too but i cant find a link

Found it!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=207

I didn't know it existed either. It would be better if it was separated by cruise lines. Hard to wade through all of the posts about Carnival, RCCl, etc. that aren't pertinent.

There's a thread that says "don't book these rooms" but I wouldn't post it there because it'll get lost. Do us all a favor and start a new thread titled exactly like this one but add Princess.

Thank you!!!!!!!

Archived