Warning: Carnival Breeze 11205

cruisinpips

We sailed the Breeze July 23-30th, 2017. This was our 6th cruise on the Breeze. We have stayed in a Spa Balcony many times on Magic and Breeze.

A couple months prior to the cruise, we decided to upgrade to a Spa Suite. (On our on, and not promted by Carnival) Upon calling our TA it was determined that 11205 was the only open Spa Suite. I looked at the deck plans, and searched CC for any negative info, and didn't find much at all. We booked it and looked forward to a larger room and a great cruise!

The first morning at around 5:30 am we were awakened by many LOUD thumps! And it continued, and really never ended!! I walked upstairs and determined we were directly under several machines in the fitness center!

This would continue for all 7 days, and go on until 11pm or 12 am. No resting in the room at anytime during the day.

We met with the head of GS and the Hotel Director, who were apologetic and said there wasn't a lot they could do. We endured this all week and basically paid quite a bit more to Carnival for a bigger room with tons of noise.

My only reason for posting this is to warn anyone who looks here for info that you will want to avoid this room and any other in the front of deck 11 due to constant banging and thumping!!!

If you are a light sleeper or like to enjoy your room during the day, avoid this one at all costs! Even the balcony was noisy with thump, thump, thump.... 😱🙄

We are used to having fans going when we sleep so we bought a white noise sound machine for when we go anywhere. We have used it on a cruise we were on that was supposed to be a noisy room. It worked like a charm and we slept like rocks the whole cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My wife and I were in 11206 a few years ago and had no problems at all. We have 11205 booked next September for the reposition cruise to Port Canaveral. I wanted to book in 11206 again but it is already booked. Hopefully the noise in 11205 isn't as bad as you describe it to be.

We sailed the Breeze July 23-30th, 2017. This was our 6th cruise on the Breeze. We have stayed in a Spa Balcony many times on Magic and Breeze.

A couple months prior to the cruise, we decided to upgrade to a Spa Suite. (On our on, and not promted by Carnival) Upon calling our TA it was determined that 11205 was the only open Spa Suite. I looked at the deck plans, and searched CC for any negative info, and didn't find much at all. We booked it and looked forward to a larger room and a great cruise!

The first morning at around 5:30 am we were awakened by many LOUD thumps! And it continued, and really never ended!! I walked upstairs and determined we were directly under several machines in the fitness center!

This would continue for all 7 days, and go on until 11pm or 12 am. No resting in the room at anytime during the day.

We met with the head of GS and the Hotel Director, who were apologetic and said there wasn't a lot they could do. We endured this all week and basically paid quite a bit more to Carnival for a bigger room with tons of noise.

My only reason for posting this is to warn anyone who looks here for info that you will want to avoid this room and any other in the front of deck 11 due to constant banging and thumping!!!

If you are a light sleeper or like to enjoy your room during the day, avoid this one at all costs! Even the balcony was noisy with thump, thump, thump....

There was a big article by someone who had the same experience as you. Now you know why it was open.

IS THAT WHAT IT WAS!??!!

We just got off the Magic Sunday and had 11205. The room shook and shuddered at random times. Was the craziest freaking thing. Terrifying at first, was waiting on the cabin to slide out into the ocean lol

My wife and I were in 11206 a few years ago and had no problems at all. We have 11205 booked next September for the reposition cruise to Port Canaveral. I wanted to book in 11206 again but it is already booked. Hopefully the noise in 11205 isn't as bad as you describe it to be.

Sorry, but the noise is bad for any cabin directly under the fitness center, especially under the treadmills and free weights. The latter get dropped a lot. As I recall on the Breeze, the treads are mostly toward the bow but extend down the starboard side while on the port side( even # cabins) you get the cycles and some elipticals. And I believe the free weights are over there as well as an aerobic room. So in 11206 you did not experience any major fitness center noise

We noticed this on our first Dream cruise. We had a spa balcony and BIL/SIL had a spa interior, on port side. Both got tread noise. Didn't bother me as I was probably contributing to the early morning racket.;p But it can get loud.

Please look to see if you can change your cabin if you don't want to experience the thumping.

At the risk of having another post deleted and cries of "troll" flung at me for no reason, I will just say that yes - you did indeed book one of the cabins that reside underneath the gym area. Jolly poor luck and I am sorry that you didn't see that on the deck maps. It is difficult to remember this, but the decks of these ships (in particular towards the top floors and near the bridge) are stacked diagonally behind each other the higher up you go. So - the depiction of the bow area on the gym deck will NOT be in the same location as the depiction of the bow area on the deck you booked your cabin on. The front two or three staterooms on the deck you stayed on will *probably* more than likely be pretty much under the gym/gym reception area.

A valuable lesson to all who look to book the cabins higher up on these ships. We're booked on Panorama deck on the Freedom next Feb and I did about two weeks of research on here/YouTube/elsewhere to make sure I knew what we were getting in to. I know that there is still the risk of more noise as opposed to - for instance - Empress deck - but my husband and I are too in love with the idea of being way high up and far forward to drop it. We'll take what we get I guess for the chance to be up there!

Peace.

Trin