To those who have had an "L" shaped

camper49

I had the one on the starboard side, before they changed it's classification.

A longer than usual balcony and a useful set up. We liked it. I would keep it as opposed to the "upgrade" to Lido. You are only 1 flight down, there is a "secret" staircase to the Lido aft (actually a staff staircase) right next to the room. No noise from above.

Dk

I had the one on the starboard side, before they changed it's classification.

A longer than usual balcony and a useful set up. We liked it. I would keep it as opposed to the "upgrade" to Lido. You are only 1 flight down, there is a "secret" staircase to the Lido aft (actually a staff staircase) right next to the room. No noise from above.

Dk

We can use the "secret" door??

Would you after having an "L" shaped balcony( 8b )upgrade to Lido for the same price? Destiny is our ship. Anyone ever had cabin 7319?

If you mean an aft wrap-around balcony, we had that once and only once. Never again! The layout of the cabin was wonky, we were far from everything. DH and I book Lido balconies. Since I took my mom on a cruise, I thought I'd surprise her.

We were on Destiny, btw.

From now on, we'll stick to Lido cabins.

I had the L-shaped cabin w/ the long balcony on the Triumph and just upgraded to it again on the Magic. I'd choose the long balcony over any other balcony room (besides the aft wrap!). We loved it and spent tons of time out there. Even held our own sail away party on it! Couldn't have fit that many people out there if it was the smaller balcony. If it were me, I'd keep the L cabin and not switch to the Lido balcony!

7319 on the Destiny was my first L cabin. It has a love seat, a radio in the headboard and a queen size bed facing the Ocean.

I have had a few since. Not particulary the best Bathroon placement. I tend to like the head next to the closets.

An upgrade to the Lido deck which we have only done once would be nice. When you stay on the Lido it is next to the pool and the buffet It was nice walking out in the morning and not having to take an elevator somewhere

We had L shaped balcony room 6490 on the Dream in 2010 and our kids had an interior across the hall. It was nice to have the bigger balcony as we could all be out there together. It was really quite far from many things that we wanted to do though.

Our next cruise in 2011 we did a Lido balcony on the Splendor. We LOVED that room so much!! We have another Lido balcony on the Breeze in February and would take that upgrade in a heartbeat.

Have fun whatever you decide :)

Usually there is not a couch in the L shaped rooms, but if you can live without that and like the extra balcony space, keep the L shaped room. I personally would keep the L shaped room

7419 on the Triumph had the couch. We chatted w/ the neighbors upstairs who had the same balcony that we did and a HUGE room! They invited us up to check it out. I'd book that room over the L-shaped if given the option. It's 8427/8422 on the Triumph. The conquest class has the same huge room w/the long balcony on deck 8 as well.

If you mean an aft wrap-around balcony, we had that once and only once. Never again! The layout of the cabin was wonky, we were far from everything. DH and I book Lido balconies. Since I took my mom on a cruise, I thought I'd surprise her.

We were on Destiny, btw.

From now on, we'll stick to Lido cabins.

im with you there-- except now i stay on empress by the aft elevator.

I HATED that L shaped cabin and know i am in the minority here.

I felt like I was ontop of my honey by midweek- could only lay on my right side to see TV. Could not sit in the chair to see tv

only about a three foot sq footage of space can be used for dressing. needless to say only one of us at a time.

We had this cabin on the Liberty and there was no way a lounger will fit out there. its configured screwey=

sure the balcony is longer-- but how much space do you need to two people-- when considering that it has two chairs and a table..

we could not stretch out.

The Destiny cabins have a sofa- the one on Liberty does not.

I've been in 7316, it's mirror image. I loved it. The long balcony was nice. No loungers though, just chairs. The bathroom being far from the closets wasn't a big deal, no banging on closet doors while coming/going out. (A pet peeve of mine, I hate that!) Seems like the bathroom may have had the bed in front of the door but I can't remember. We had a small sofa and table and dressing area. If you plan on watching TV, then don't get this room. Yes, the TV placement was awkward. If you want to wake up with a fabulous view of the ocean, however, then this is the room for you!

Having a Lido room is awesome, but I think I'd pick the L shaped. If convenience is very important to you, maybe you should pick the Lido.

I have used the "secret door" on several different cruises when I have had an aft cabin.

Never had an issue and found it rather convenient. It's unlocked and the stairs go along the aft on both sides. Cheers.

DK

Archived