where are you crusing to in 2015?

REALgetaway

Hi everyone

We are sailing on P&O Arcadia from Singapore to Southhampton, March 25th...29 days, our longest cruise yet! Our first time on P&O so we'll see how it goes. This is an adults only ship which really appeals! :)

Also Oct 30th we are doing a repo NCL Dawn cruise from Boston to New Orleans via the Caribbean

Regards

Rod and Barry, Australia

Sailing solo on RCCL Vision of the Seas out of Tampa in one week (Jan. 10). Hope I can meet some nice people onboard. Holler at me if you will be on the ship as well. Happy New Year everyone and good cruising this year!

Edited by MaestroD

Hi everyone

We are sailing on P&O Arcadia from Singapore to Southhampton, March 25th...29 days, our longest cruise yet! Our first time on P&O so we'll see how it goes. This is an adults only ship which really appeals! :)

Also Oct 30th we are doing a repo NCL Dawn cruise from Boston to New Orleans via the Caribbean

Regards

Rod and Barry, Australia

Your 29-night sailing sounds like a dream! I would love to sail the South Pacific, but I fear I will have to wait until retirement. Sailing P&O appeals, as well.

I've sailed an October repo on Norwegian Dawn, and I had a magnificent time. (In spite of Hurricane Sandy! :p) Our repo was from Quebec City to Tampa, and the weather was colder than normal. We also had a lot of sea days. The one feature of the ship that saved me was the thermal suite in the spa. I highly recommend you spend the $199 for the fortnight for access to this area.

Happy sailing! :)

Wow! What a fabulous year ahead you have!! Enjoy Lisbon...it is one of my favorite cities in Europe. We did a land trip to Portugal and are longing to return.

I'm happy to hear encouraging words about Lisbon. I'm excited, but a bit nervous as I don't speak a word of Portuguese. That said, I had a surreal experience in Venice where I had a successful conversation with a guy with him speaking Italian and me speaking Spanish. :confused: So, we'll see. Hopefully you'll post a review of your Regal Princess cruise! :)

This is a Celebrity year for us. We're doing the Infinity round trip from Vancouver on June 7 to Alaska. And then we are on the Solstice for 12 nights out of Sydney in October to New Caledonia and Fiji. We're excited to visit some repeat ports in Alaska and do excursions we missed the first time (our first Alaska cruise was end-of-season and excursions were cancelled). The South Pacific cruise will be all new ports for us and a 40th bday cruise!

Michael

Your 29-night sailing sounds like a dream! I would love to sail the South Pacific, but I fear I will have to wait until retirement. Sailing P&O appeals, as well.

I've sailed an October repo on Norwegian Dawn, and I had a magnificent time. (In spite of Hurricane Sandy! :p) Our repo was from Quebec City to Tampa, and the weather was colder than normal. We also had a lot of sea days. The one feature of the ship that saved me was the thermal suite in the spa. I highly recommend you spend the $199 for the fortnight for access to this area.

Happy sailing! :)

Hi John

Thanks for your message and interest. Yes the thermal suite sounds like a fun place and will be in that! we love sea days and often book repo or transatlantic that have sea days...price is lower and it's more relaxing. Often meet many gay guys on these as well.

Leaving on a two nighter on the a MSC DIVINA this Sunday with a bunch of friends.....then we are either booking the DIVINA again or the NCL GETAWAY for Feb 7th....MSC has dropped prices again, so it may be that one....

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Leaving on a two nighter on the a MSC DIVINA this Sunday with a bunch of friends.....then we are either booking the DIVINA again or the NCL GETAWAY for Feb 7th....MSC has dropped prices again, so it may be that one....

Between Getaway and Divina, which did you prefer? I've been pretty loyal to Norwegian so far, and as I'm doing more solo travel the studios and Spice H2O are important ship features for me. But Divina seems like a really sexy ship. Cheers.

We have always liked NCL due to the relaxed dress code and dining rules, plus all of the dining options.....

MSC is a totally different product, MUCH more geared towards the International tourist....still very nice however...gorgeous ships...good food....nice more classical entertainment.....

Edited by MiamiSpartan

Sailing solo on RCCL Vision of the Seas out of Tampa in one week (Jan. 10). Hope I can meet some nice people onboard. Holler at me if you will be on the ship as well. Happy New Year everyone and good cruising this year!

Looking forward to your review after your sailing. We will be on her in March. Look for the bulletin board near Guest Relations when you board for any special activities not listed in the Daily Compass, enjoy.

Joe

Shortly before embarking on a December partial Canal transit, got a really nice sale price on a February sailing from SFO to the Sea of Cortez, at the height of whale season. So that makes four weeks in 2015 booked…so far.

We live in Plantation, Floroda and will be getting married on Aug 13, our actual 26th anniversary. Will then be heading up to NY and cruising on Libery of the Seas on the 27th to New England. :)

Edited by ROYALBOY

• 2 weeks later...

David & Allen here --2 cruises coming up in 2015:

April 4, Carnival Valor, 8 night Southern Caribbean from Port Canaveral --very much looking forward to 4 sea days; oh-- and Aruba, Bonaire and Grand Turk as well. We have been regular Celebrity and Royal Caribbean patrons and this will be our first Carnival cruise. We'll see how it goes.

August 8, Liberty of the Seas, 5 night Bermuda out of Cape Liberty -- celebrating 2nd anniversary of our marriage and 25th anniversary as a committed couple :). Bermuda is a favorite destination, we have booked a Jr. Suite, and we can drive to and from the port. Life is very good :D.

David

Well the inside on the Quantum wasn't bad at all. In fact my wife is now saying we only need to book insides from now on. Our virtual balcony we actually a bust. The video footage did noting but stay frozen most the the the 3 days.

We kept it off mostly. The cabin itself was very spacious though. The largest inside I've ever seen.

As for the Quantum's other features some were great, the wrist bands that can be used instead of the sea pass card, the bumper cards, the indoor pool and the quick check in. While others were sucky, the North Star that barley worked, and the Bionic Bar that's more gimmick than practical.

Overall it is a beautiful ship, but it did not WOW me. If you want a real Royal Caribbean WOW then booking the Allure of the Seas is the best way to go!

I am definitely late reading this post! LOL

I'm sorry to hear the ship wasn't so great, especially the virtual balcony. I had high hopes for that working and catching on with other cruise lines. From the first introduction, I thought the North Star seemed an odd feature for a cruise ship. I wouldn't be surprised if it disappears.

I am glad you liked the inside. That's really all we book now, usually Lido deck, just a quick walk to the sea air! I hope you enjoyed the cruise. I would love to check out the Oasis class ships. They look amazing.

Thanks for letting us know about the Quantum cruise!

• 2 weeks later...
My partner and I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary in 2015... but we're not yet sure where to cruise to. WE live in the Western US.... we are open to suggestions for a romantic 7 or 10 day cruise.

Most likely we would cruise in late summer or fall in 2015.

My husband and I (married last year, together for 33 years) will be doing Oceania cruise from Barcelona to Lisbon in Oct 2015... good cruise line and we are looking forward to it!

My husband and I (married last year, together for 33 years) will be doing Oceania cruise from Barcelona to Lisbon in Oct 2015... good cruise line and we are looking forward to it!

Congrats on 33 years!! That's quite an accomplishment :D

I have not cruised there but I have been to Lisbon on a land trip and it is one of my fave cities in Europe. Enjoy it! Portugal as a whole is such a wonderful country. Try to get up to Oporto if you have the chance.

Oceania ships look beautiful. I have not been on any of the luxury lines yet but one day...