where are you crusing to in 2015?

REALgetaway

We did a cruise out of Sydney in January for my partners birthday and had a great time. I wanted to do the bridge climb but I could not justify spending almost $300.00.

We are definitely doing the bridge climb. All the excursions on this cruise seem to be expensive, and they add up fast when it's a longer cruise. We've never sailed more than 7 days. So 19 days is a big change, LOL. I'm hoping the weather is good (March 27 - April 16).

Wow! Let us know what you think of the ship. I absolutely love the idea of the virtual balconies in inside cabins. I hope that catches on.

Will do, that is actually the type of cabin we booked. It's actually our first inside. I've always been a little scared about booking an inside so this is a way to 'cheat' my fear lol.

Will do, that is actually the type of cabin we booked. It's actually our first inside. I've always been a little scared about booking an inside so this is a way to 'cheat' my fear lol.

We've had a balcony cabin and a full suite, after which we realized that we were wasting our money. The only time we spend in our cabin is sleeping and changing clothes. Since then, we've booked only insides. On Princess, there are no virtual balconies, LOL. We love the pool deck so we book an inside just a short walk down the hall. It's convenient, and provides more money for drinks. :D

Celebrity "Equinox" Jan 23 to the Caribbean out of Fla and Celebrity "Summit" Jun 7 to Bermuda out of NJ. Looking at options for Europe in Aug/Sep. Has anyone ever done a Christmas Market river cruise in Europe? We're thinking about one for next month. Got a flier and there are some good last minute deals.

My partner and I are booked on a Western Caribbean in March with some good friends on Celebrity Silhouette. This will be our second time on this ship as we sailed her during her inaugural season out of Bayonne.

Ryan

Edited by cruzeluver
spelling

To everyone planning a cruise in 2015, all the best for your voyages. We decided that a cruise will not be in the works for 2015 for us - the first time since 2005 that we'll have a year without a cruise.

Wow! Did I really say that back in July? Unfortunately it is so true. After 11 years of cruising we decided to do a train trip across Canada and its all been confirmed. Rail tickets have been issued and paid for summer of next year. No sea legs for us in 2015.

We've had a balcony cabin and a full suite, after which we realized that we were wasting our money. The only time we spend in our cabin is sleeping and changing clothes. Since then, we've booked only insides. On Princess, there are no virtual balconies, LOL. We love the pool deck so we book an inside just a short walk down the hall. It's convenient, and provides more money for drinks. :D

Well the inside on the Quantum wasn't bad at all. In fact my wife is now saying we only need to book insides from now on. Our virtual balcony we actually a bust. The video footage did noting but stay frozen most the the the 3 days.

We kept it off mostly. The cabin itself was very spacious though. The largest inside I've ever seen.

As for the Quantum's other features some were great, the wrist bands that can be used instead of the sea pass card, the bumper cards, the indoor pool and the quick check in. While others were sucky, the North Star that barley worked, and the Bionic Bar that's more gimmick than practical.

Overall it is a beautiful ship, but it did not WOW me. If you want a real Royal Caribbean WOW then booking the Allure of the Seas is the best way to go!

My partner and I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary in 2015... but we're not yet sure where to cruise to. WE live in the Western US.... we are open to suggestions for a romantic 7 or 10 day cruise.

Most likely we would cruise in late summer or fall in 2015.

My spouse & I will be on the Eclipse(Celebrity)on Jan.18 for 2 weeks. We did it last year & had a blast.

Wow! Did I really say that back in July? Unfortunately it is so true. After 11 years of cruising we decided to do a train trip across Canada and its all been confirmed. Rail tickets have been issued and paid for summer of next year. No sea legs for us in 2015.

We had a friend do that this past summer. She had a very nice time. The scenery in the Canadian Rockies is for a lifetime...Bring the camera/camcorder!

My partner and I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary in 2015... but we're not yet sure where to cruise to. WE live in the Western US.... we are open to suggestions for a romantic 7 or 10 day cruise.

Most likely we would cruise in late summer or fall in 2015.

With only 7 or 10 days, you don't have that many choices; Caribbean, or Alaska. For other areas, you would need more time..Also, if you're on a shorter cruise, ages of most people will be younger, while on a longer cruise people mostly will be older. If you're from the west, leaving out of San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle or Vancouver would be easy for you...

• 2 weeks later...
Hello! I'm excited to report I've got two cruises booked for 2015.

In June I'm taking niece 3 of 4 on a high school graduation cruise. As she specifically did not want a Caribbean cruise, we'll be sailing seven nights from Boston to Montreal on ms Maasdam. (Isabelle wanted to go to Paris, but the budget wouldn't support it. Quebec City will have to suffice.) I've been on two RSVP charters on HAL; this will be my first regular sailing. I'm eager to see how the walker and wheel chair set sail. (;) Be nice.)

In September my travel buddy, Dave, and I will be on a 12-night British Isles cruise on Norwegian Star. We're sailing from Copenhagen to Dover by way of Rotterdam, Portland, Falmouth, Cork, Dublin, Belfast, Inverness, and Edinburgh. We'll do at least one night in Copenhagen beforehand and likely two nights in London at the end. I'm super excited about this cruise. :D

Four more days of 2014, and my cruise calendar for 2015 is now set in stone. In one month I will get my first taste of Princess on a quick 4-night California Coastal out of San Pedro aboard the Crown. This is a stag cruise with my dad. At least I will finally see Catalina! My June sailing aboard Maasdam is still on the books, but the second half of the year has changed completely.

My travel buddy Dave backed out of our 12-night British Isles sailing aboard Norwegian Star. This is particularly tragic because the itinerary was superior to that of Princess and Celebrity, and we were booked at a super low price ($1,000 less per person than the aforementioned lines). Furthermore, Norwegian will not offer the itinerary in 2016. :mad: Instead, Dave and I are sailing with RSVP to Alaska in August. I've done this cruise, so I'm not too excited about the itinerary, but the social aspect is appealing. ;)

To console myself about the loss of the British Isles, I'm doing a unique 7-night Iberian Peninsula sailing aboard Norwegian Epic. It sails from Southampton to Barcelona via Vigo (Spain), Lisbon (Portugal), Malaga and Cartagena (Spain). I'll have 1.5 days in London (so I'll get my British fix) beforehand and 1.5 days in Barcelona and another 1.5 days in Madrid at the end. Plus, Epic will have her new entertainment lineup, including Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert, Burn the Floor, and the Cavern Club Beatles experience. Airline tickets are purchased, so no changes allowed at this point. It's a good consolation prize. :p

Edited by Cruiser Bruiser

Four more days of 2014, and my cruise calendar for 2015 is now set in stone. In one month I will get my first taste of Princess on a quick 4-night California Coastal out of San Pedro aboard the Crown. This is a stag cruise with my dad. At least I will finally see Catalina! My June sailing aboard Maasdam is still on the books, but the second half of the year has changed completely.

My travel buddy Dave backed out of our 12-night British Isles sailing aboard Norwegian Star. This is particularly tragic because the itinerary was superior to that of Princess and Celebrity, and we were booked at a super low price ($1,000 less per person than the aforementioned lines). Furthermore, Norwegian will not offer the itinerary in 2016. :mad: Instead, Dave and I are sailing with RSVP to Alaska in August. I've done this cruise, so I'm not too excited about the itinerary, but the social aspect is appealing. ;)

To console myself about the loss of the British Isles, I'm doing a unique 7-night Iberian Peninsula sailing aboard Norwegian Epic. It sails from Southampton to Barcelona via Vigo (Spain), Lisbon (Portugal), Malaga and Cartagena (Spain). I'll have 1.5 days in London (so I'll get my British fix) beforehand and 1.5 days in Barcelona and another 1.5 days in Madrid at the end. Plus, Epic will have her new entertainment lineup, including Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert, Burn the Floor, and the Cavern Club Beatles experience. Airline tickets are purchased, so no changes allowed at this point. It's a good consolation prize. :p

Wow! What a fabulous year ahead you have!! Enjoy Lisbon...it is one of my favorite cities in Europe. We did a land trip to Portugal and are longing to return.