where are you crusing to in 2015?

REALgetaway

Steven and Daniel, what a great Princess cruise that is going to be. I am so jealous ;). that's a great double celebration cruise. Birthday and your upcoming 24th anniversary too! :D the port stops sound wonderful too. Where do you leave from?

The cruise starts in Sydney and overnights before sailing. I've heard of cruises with overnight ports, but had never heard of a cruise starting that way. So we'll actually be on the ship for a day and a half before sail-away, LOL. I definitely want to do the Sydney Harbor Bridge Climb. I also wouldn't mind checking out Bondi Beach. :D

While I have not done so yet, I have been circling around a European river cruise, and I think for a romantic special occasion that's what I'd do.

I've done Europe on a cruise, and just bummed around for 3 weeks and with a little careful planning, it would be wonderful.

Congratulations and good luck.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Yippee,

After breaking up with my fiance:D, I've decided to repackage the cruise (not having wanted to lose any money) and am booked on the Carnival Liberty out of Port Canaveral; going to Grand Turk, San Juan and St. Thomas. My only issue now is finding someone to go with:(

Much to my surprise, it seems that there's a reconciliation in the works between me and what's his name; hopefully, this will become a proposal cruise and getting it right this time.:eek:

• 4 weeks later...
Carnival Dream is replacing Carnival Sunshine in New Orleans. We just booked an aft wrap around balcony on Carnival Dream for Jan 2015. :D

This will now be our first B2B cruise! We booked the cruise right behind it leaving on Super Bowl Sunday. 14-Day Eastern and Western Caribbean!

The mother-of-all-cruises: Crystal Serenity 108 days r/t Miami sailing 1/15/15. Celebrating our 35 years together and likely my retiremernt celebration journey.

What an amazing trip! I wouldn't want to be on a ship for that long, but hopefully you'll post about it on the Crystal forums so we can live vicariously through you. Such a great cruise for you to look forward to :)

Michael

Seriously reconsidering any and all options at this point.

1. 2014 is the big year as my partner and I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary and my own 50th birthday. Big 3 week European vacation booked including business class airfare and a QE cruise in the Mediterranean (Athens to Rome) for part of it. So funds will be seriously depleted by 2015.

2. A nasty encounter by my partner with Homeland Security recently has us seriously questioning whether we ever want to visit the United States again (we're Canadians). This will seriously impact a good number of cruise possibilities as much of the industry sails into and out of the US.

So at this point 2015 is a toss up but will likely be a bench mark for us if we decide to stick with the status quo or go find something else to do.

Edited by Bramcruiser

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry to hear of your partner's experience with our country's Homeland Security rep. It's embarrassing to hear of it. I hope it was an isolated incident due to an over-zealous newbie and that you never experience another like it. If it helps, US citizens can have the same experience.

Have you thought of a crossing on Queen Mary 2? If you haven't traveled on her, she's a lovely ship. As Canadians you also may feel closer to the British experience one has on-board. There is also never a paucity of Family on board, either passengers or staff, especially entertainers or bartenders.

Happy Anniversary in advance!

Cheers,

Ron (celebrating 38 years with my DH on Seabourn in January)

I'm sorry to hear of your partner's experience with our country's Homeland Security rep. It's embarrassing to hear of it. I hope it was an isolated incident due to an over-zealous newbie and that you never experience another like it. If it helps, US citizens can have the same experience.

Have you thought of a crossing on Queen Mary 2? If you haven't traveled on her, she's a lovely ship. As Canadians you also may feel closer to the British experience one has on-board. There is also never a paucity of Family on board, either passengers or staff, especially entertainers or bartenders.

Happy Anniversary in advance!

Cheers,

Ron (celebrating 38 years with my DH on Seabourn in January)

Hi Ron:

Assuming you are responding to my post. :) I've been hearing the horror stories from my American friends on their experiences returning home to the US. We're waiting to get the bad taste from the experience out of our minds before we make any decisions about south of the border. Nice to hear its not just us though.

Done two crossings so far but not on the QM2. Once on the QE2 though - we managed to make it on the final westbound voyage back in 2008. Truly a tremendous experience and it was fun being a part of history in the making. We did the QM2 on a Caribbean sailing though earlier. And yes, you are correct about having family on Cunard ships. I've never felt unwanted by the line.

As for 2015 - I learned a long time ago never to say never. Already I find myself looking at cruise possibilities.

David

P.S. Thanks for the early anniversary greeting. 38 years for the two of you I see. Nice!

• 2 weeks later...
The mother-of-all-cruises: Crystal Serenity 108 days r/t Miami sailing 1/15/15. Celebrating our 35 years together and likely my retiremernt celebration journey.

Ryndam: I am Francophile's DH, and we will be on one segment of your World Cruise, although at this point it is so far away, I have a hard time believing it will actually happen. We are booked Perth to Cape Town, and once in Cape Town, we hope to tour So. Africa on land, and then fly to Madagascar where a friend is living. He's extended an invitation. Madagascar is tops on the bucket list. Bon Voyage to all of us!

tv24 & Francophile, how exciting! We just returned from the Serenity's TA crossing Barcelona-Miami this past weekend. It was the 2nd cruise after the Serenity's $18M drydock and the ship looks spectacular! We have met sooooooo many people that will be sailing on the full WC. As of last week, there are 750 booked and confirmed for the full 108 days. It is a record for Crystal Cruises. It is good you have confirmed your WC segment, since according to the onboard cruise consultant, this was the most popular segment to sell out and all remaining segments are "waitlist only" at this time. Only one year and three weeks for this epic adventure to begin.

Rob & Jim

tv24 & Francophile, how exciting! We just returned from the Serenity's TA crossing Barcelona-Miami this past weekend. It was the 2nd cruise after the Serenity's $18M drydock and the ship looks spectacular! We have met sooooooo many people that will be sailing on the full WC. As of last week, there are 750 booked and confirmed for the full 108 days. It is a record for Crystal Cruises. It is good you have confirmed your WC segment, since according to the onboard cruise consultant, this was the most popular segment to sell out and all remaining segments are "waitlist only" at this time. Only one year and three weeks for this epic adventure to begin.

Rob & Jim

Wow, Crystal does indeed have many loyal customers. Who knew one had to grab a cabin so many months prior to sailing?

We will soon be on part of another world cruise, boarding Seabourn Sojourn Jan. 4 in LA for 68 days to Hong Kong. The ship continues to Venice without us.

• 3 weeks later...

Rob & Jim

Thanks for the update on the Crystal Serenity. My wife and I just booked a cruise out of Barcelona in May, 2014. Can't wait! Our travel agent indicated that we could only make dining reservations at tables for 4,6,or 8. Are you aware if there were any tables for 2? We usually like to have a small table. Thanks!

Ann and Rebecca

Ann and Rebecca, both Crystal ships have many tables for two in the main dining room. You did not indicate if you requested fixed early or late seating, or if you were planning to do the unreserved-dining-by-reservation. There are proportionally more tables for two in the "unreserved" section of the dining room, than in the "fixed seating" sections of the dining room. Depending on the sailing and the sitting requested, I know that the early sitting, especially in the Spring in the Med. is a very popular time, and there are often more requests for tables for two than can be accommodated. Just have your TA continue to request your dining preference, and if a table for 2 cannot be confirmed, at least ask to be placed on the waiting list. If you do not receive your confirmation before sailing, the Maitre'd is always available, usually from 2-5pm on the day you board the ship. Be sure to visit him and ask. Crystal is very, very accommodating to their guests' requests, and if there is any way to accommodate your request, they certainly will.

Ann and Rebecca, both Crystal ships have many tables for two in the main dining room. You did not indicate if you requested fixed early or late seating, or if you were planning to do the unreserved-dining-by-reservation. There are proportionally more tables for two in the "unreserved" section of the dining room, than in the "fixed seating" sections of the dining room. Depending on the sailing and the sitting requested, I know that the early sitting, especially in the Spring in the Med. is a very popular time, and there are often more requests for tables for two than can be accommodated. Just have your TA continue to request your dining preference, and if a table for 2 cannot be confirmed, at least ask to be placed on the waiting list. If you do not receive your confirmation before sailing, the Maitre'd is always available, usually from 2-5pm on the day you board the ship. Be sure to visit him and ask. Crystal is very, very accommodating to their guests' requests, and if there is any way to accommodate your request, they certainly will.

Thanks Ryndam! I appreciate the information regarding the dining room. We are 'wait-listed' for first seating/fixed. We will talk to the Maitre'd as well.