Children's Menus - as of 2/13/15

Merion_Mom

I don't travel with children, so I cannot verify this, but I believe that the same menu is used fleet-wide.

If I am wrong, I KNOW that someone will quickly correct me. ;)

Anyway, this is from the February 2nd sailing of the Quantum of the Seas.

IMG_2382_zpsbd2ba926.jpg

IMG_2384_zpscf57e1f7.jpg

IMG_2383_zps8f45deb9.jpg

Thanks. I will tell you that when traveling with my young grandchildren they will pretty much bring you what you want for your young ones. The menus are a starting point. We all know kids are sometimes picky and the staff will work with this. One of the reasons we cruise with Royal caribbean.

I know some say...why would you bring young children on a cruise?...and I say...for the experience.

Oh and my grandchildren pay full fare..not 3rd or 4th passenger rate. (I pay of course). So they tip at the same rate and pay as much as anyone else.

Edited by Zou Bisou Bisou

Thanks. I will tell you that when traveling with my young grandchildren they will pretty much bring you what you want for your young ones. The menus are a starting point. We all know kids are sometimes picky and the staff will work with this. One of the reasons we cruise with Royal caribbean.

I know some say...why would you bring young children on a cruise?...and I say...for the experience.

Oh and my grandchildren pay full fare..not 3rd or 4th passenger rate. (I pay of course). So they tip at the same rate and pay as much as anyone else.

I'm travelling by myself with my 5 yr old autistic son. Kids get so much out of travel. Yes even those whom have additional needs. Thanks for posting the menus. Wonder if they Australianise these for Aussie kids?

I'm travelling by myself with my 5 yr old autistic son. Kids get so much out of travel. Yes even those whom have additional needs. Thanks for posting the menus. Wonder if they Australianise these for Aussie kids?

This is the same menu we had on Radiance out of Sydney in January - no changes for the Australian market

I'm genuinely curious... What constitutes "Australianizing" something?

Last year on our Holland America cruise, we declined the kids menu for our, then, 5 year old daughter each night in the MDR. She would choose a full meal off the regular menu, usually seafood related, and knock the socks off the waiter. The second night the waiter actually tried to talk us out of ordering the mussels and crab's legs for her, thinking we didn't understand the dish!

I'm genuinely curious... What constitutes "Australianizing" something?

Changing things for the australian taste & wording on the menu. Ie jello = jelly.

My son will eat anything as long as there is tomato sauce on it.

That's the same menu selections as it has been for at least the past 18 months (the first time I took my kids on a cruise). The only difference is the menu is no longer branded with Fisher-Price.

Just watch out, we've found no one actually knows what the "apple chips" side dish is. My daughter tried to order them once. The waiter thought that a comma was missing, and that it was supposed to be apples or chips (or fries or vegetables). So either the comma is still missing or our waiter really had no idea what apple chips are.

Changing things for the australian taste & wording on the menu. Ie jello = jelly.

My son will eat anything as long as there is tomato sauce on it.

Sorry, no tomato sauce, but they do have ketchup. :rolleyes:

I will admit that on a 14 day cruise at one point I was just fooded out and nothing looked good. So, I ordered the chicken fingers for myself. It was just what I needed that night.

That's the same menu selections as it has been for at least the past 18 months (the first time I took my kids on a cruise). The only difference is the menu is no longer branded with Fisher-Price.

Just watch out, we've found no one actually knows what the "apple chips" side dish is. My daughter tried to order them once. The waiter thought that a comma was missing, and that it was supposed to be apples or chips (or fries or vegetables). So either the comma is still missing or our waiter really had no idea what apple chips are.

I had a friend who sailed RCI and posted a pic of kids food including the apple chips. It was a green apple cut into sticks to resemble french fries. I will see if I can get the pic to post.

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry, no tomato sauce, but they do have ketchup. :rolleyes:

I will admit that on a 14 day cruise at one point I was just fooded out and nothing looked good. So, I ordered the chicken fingers for myself. It was just what I needed that night.

Since the adult menu has tomato sauce on it for the pasta, it's always easy to get in the MDR..

My kids did not like the Mac n Cheese on navigator (it had a variety of real cheeses in it) - but they LOVED the grilled chicken breast - it came with a very light delicious gravy! They ordered a fruit plate (I don't think this was the kid one), a ceaser salad from the adult menu or the veggies/ranch, the grilled chicken from the kids menu and the brownie madness (Andre would always add a chocolate chip cookie to the top of it too!) - 4 of the 7 nights. They tried some foods from our plates or sometimes soups from the adult menu - but the kids menu chicken was SOOO good - I couldn't even disagree with their choice!!!!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Any idea what the cost of those kids frozen drinks cost?

I'm very curious about this ^^ as well. Two of my three kids would love those.

I'm so grateful for a week (we leave Sat!) where I can be as adventurous as I want for every meal and my picky middle child can get pizza and nuggets every single day if he wants. Some people say "oh, your child will try all sorts of new things on a cruise!" Those people do not know my son, lol. In fact, since he has food allergies, he is even more cautious with trying anything new on a cruise versus when we are on land.

Belated thanks for the kids' menu post!