sea food in Bahamas

toxicfairy

Look at the main page of Cruise Critic and you will find "Ports of Call" boards. Click on Bahamas and ask your question there if you don't see any information.

I have been to the Bahamas many times but have never eaten there.

Good luck!

Ok I know somewhere there is a thread for the Bahamas burt I just spent 15 minutes searching then screamed and gave up....so...are there any good seafood restaurants in Nassau?

If you like Conch Fritters, try Goldies at the Fish Fry.

If you like Conch Fritters, try Goldies at the Fish Fry.

hi sis please do not do this me got very sick in nassau after eating the conch fingers me and friends were on the rum boat and finished with this meal and me and friends got very sick from conch so if your friends eating out there is wendys on the main street its nice there.

your bud

hi sis please do not do this me got very sick in nassau after eating the conch fingers me and friends were on the rum boat and finished with this meal and me and friends got very sick from conch so if your friends eating out there is wendys on the main street its nice there.

your bud

Your sis is actually a bro. His name is Bob. Maybe, it was the rum that made you sick, a wavy boat ride, or too much sun and booze. ;) That has happened to many a person.

Your sis is actually a bro. His name is Bob. Maybe, it was the rum that made you sick, a wavy boat ride, or too much sun and booze. ;) That has happened to many a person.

hi again and sorry to my bro bob for calling him a sis it was not the rum or the rough seas as it was the conch fish finger thingy i know that it made me sick tell people to try the wendys

your bud

hi again and sorry to my bro bob for calling him a sis it was not the rum or the rough seas as it was the conch fish finger thingy i know that it made me sick tell people to try the wendys

your bud

Most people don't go on a cruise to eat at Wendy's:rolleyes: Would be better to just go back on the ship and eat.......

Thanks everyone. I love lobster,crab,scallops...anything in a shell. My husband would rather have fish with scales not shells. He asked me to find some place that has nice fresh seafood. I don't think Wendy's "mystery fish" sandwich is quite what he had in mind:eek:

I also recommend taking the Jitney Bus down to Fish Fry/Arawack Cay! We had a fantastic grilled seafood combination platter at one of the seafood shacks there- super friendly and fresh, very local and relaxed!

Adastra Gardens and Zoo is a pretty easy walk up the road from there, and a nice day visit

Thanks everyone. I love lobster,crab,scallops...anything in a shell. My husband would rather have fish with scales not shells. He asked me to find some place that has nice fresh seafood. I don't think Wendy's "mystery fish" sandwich is quite what he had in mind:eek:

We had the best fish sandwich at the Fish Fry. So good. Bahamas is mainly known for conch so be sure to give it a try. Conch salad is great - kind of like ceviche.

Keep in mind, the opening of the crawfish (lobster) season is August 1, 2014 to the March 31, 2015. Other than that time of year, lobster is not usually available. If it is, it's either been illegally caught, or frozen.

Also, Bahamian Grouper season is closed from Dec 1 - Mar 1st. Same as above, if available, either illegal, or frozen.

Here's a good one at Fish Fry:

http://www.twinbrothersbahamas.com

Just went here on our May 2015 trip. Good stuff and huge portions. Other restaurants at the Fish Fry have cheaper beers if you plan on having a few.

If you walk to the Fish Fry, beware of anyone with a "Da Fish Fry" sign. He will try to direct you to a hole in the wall of a restaurant in the blue building that is actually located behind the strip of restaurants referred to as the Fish Fry.