Diapers on board?

angiegal

e were on Holland America´s Eurodam, we were not provided with any special bags, however to keep odor at bay we braught small plastic bags to put the dirty diaper in and special ones smelling like citrus for the really stinky ones. Please keep in mind your trash will only be emptied twice a day...

Talk with your cabin steward. My girl went on her first cruise at 23 months of age and upon meeting our cabin steward, that was one of my first questions. He assured me that I could use the little bag (the one meant for feminine product disposal) to put it in and then stash the bag in the bathroom can. That was before the existence (that I knew of) of scented bags that counter the smell, so if you can bring some of those, even better.

Agree. Talk to your cabin steward. Our brought me a roll of large garbage bags. I placed the dirty nappy into this and tied a knot. At the next room clean he collect this and dispose of it. Also bring scented nappy bags.

We took a roll of small (bathroom trash can sized) trash bags from Dollar Tree with us. I am not sure if they were scented or not? We put one in the trash can and stuck wet diapers in it. Poop diapers got tied into their own bags. The trash was emptied twice a day so it never got too smelly.

Zip lock bags are a great solution.

For day trips place the nappy, baby wipes (in a smaller zip lock bag) and place into your handbag.

When used nappy & dirty wipes get zip locked away.

Use this on long flights. Place pack in seat pocket for quick trips to the toilet for a nappy change

• 2 weeks later...
I didn't know about scented bags.

Our diaper genie at home use a material that really hold any smell in; I wonder if I can get bags in the same material?

Does anyone know?

Use the diaper genie travel bags...they come on a roll with a clip to attach to just about anything. They smell great, and your cabin steward will thank you!!! You'll be thankful too!

Granddaughter has been on 3 cruises and never an issue. This last cruise in June on Breeze we were given red bio hazard bags

Cruised on the Miracle in Nov of 14. We had the scented bags but we placed those in the red bio hazard bags that were provided to us by the room steward. All we had to do was ask on upon meeting him and he provided us with a roll.

• 2 weeks later...

We also talked with our cabin steward regarding which trash can we would put the diapers in scented bags into so they knew that one trash can needed to be emptied with morning service and evening turn down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk