My Time Dining - Allure

abisha

I am having a lot of difficulty booking MY Time Dining reservations online on the cruise planner - as far as finding a time that I am not eating very late.

Am I only allowed to go to dinner between 8:15 and 9:30? that's all there are for choices and that conflicts with some of the shows I've reserved. I wouldn't make it to the show in time, nor would I make it to the dining room on time. I also don't want to see any shows extremely late at night either (11 or 12 PM is a bit too late for me to see a show).

Can I not go into the dining room earlier than 8 PM and wait for a table or call dining reservations while onboard?

What time does the my time dining end, or rather, what time does the dining room close for reservations or people who just show up?

You don't need or have to have a reservation..and that's the reason it's called "My Time Dining"...it's flexible...go when ever you want to dine during their serving hours of 5:30-9:00pm. We've never had to wait more than 5 min for our table for two...it would have been less if we wouldn't have minded sitting with other's.

Good to see this thread. I had no idea about reservations with My Time Dining until I saw this thread. I thought you just show up. Then, I also went to make reservations and most of the available times were real early or real late and trying to juggle the show times with the dining has been crazy.

How long does dinner take in the MDR? I booked dinner with a 2 hour window of the show starting and got flagged for a conflict.

I am having a lot of difficulty booking MY Time Dining reservations online on the cruise planner - as far as finding a time that I am not eating very late.

Am I only allowed to go to dinner between 8:15 and 9:30? that's all there are for choices and that conflicts with some of the shows I've reserved. I wouldn't make it to the show in time, nor would I make it to the dining room on time. I also don't want to see any shows extremely late at night either (11 or 12 PM is a bit too late for me to see a show).

Can I not go into the dining room earlier than 8 PM and wait for a table or call dining reservations while onboard?

What time does the my time dining end, or rather, what time does the dining room close for reservations or people who just show up?

This may be because you are so close to your sail date. They probably limit the number of bookings online. I booked ours about 6 weeks ago and had choices starting at 5:30 p.m. I would also suggest you can just show up early. We will be on the ship 2 weeks before you. :) Can't wait!

This may be because you are so close to your sail date. They probably limit the number of bookings online. I booked ours about 6 weeks ago and had choices starting at 5:30 p.m. I would also suggest you can just show up early. We will be on the ship 2 weeks before you. :) Can't wait!

Agree with this. I booked all our My Time reservations right when they opened up and lots of choice for booking. Closer to our sail date, one of our shows got changed and so I went to try and adjust a My Time dinner, but only late times were available....so most likely the other times have been taken.

bsharynu, we found our dinners typically took 1.5 hrs, but we were taking our time. Our waiter asked every night if we had any shows to get to so they will speed things up if needed.

Thanks. Have a great time on Allure!

I am also going to do the ABC islands this fall.

• 2 weeks later...
You can just show up at anytime but you might have to wait up to an hour.If you are in a suite they will seat you right away.

Hmm.. This is not specified anywhere in RCCL brochures that suite guests have a "priority" seating for MTD. I know this applies to the theater seating.

Did you personally observe suite guests getting their seats right away even without a reservation ?

Yes,we did. A couple nights the line was out the door we walked in showed the woman that was directing people to the waiters to be seated our gold card.we were seated immediately. One night she took us to our table herself. It's not written as a perk it's just something I learned from a passenger on one of our cruises.

Yes,we did. A couple nights the line was out the door we walked in showed the woman that was directing people to the waiters to be seated our gold card.we were seated immediately. One night she took us to our table herself. It's not written as a perk it's just something I learned from a passenger on one of our cruises.

This was our experience in a suite on Navigator as well. We were taken ahead of lines or if they saw our card they would send us right up to the podium by the door and we were seated almost immediately every time.

I can confirm this as well. Our last cruise was Quantum in Dec. 2015 and stayed in a GS. They were still trying to figure out Dynamic Dining and there were seriously long wait lines for people with MTD and no reservations. We just walked up, showed the card, and were immediately seated near a window in a quiet-ish area every single time. The conveniences a suite affords are worth the extra cost to us.

I wanted to schedule my time dining for my family of four and would like to schedule around the show times. Does anyone know how far in advance they release the show times/ entertainment schedule? I am sailing on the harmony 8/7.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I wanted to schedule my time dining for my family of four and would like to schedule around the show times. Does anyone know how far in advance they release the show times/ entertainment schedule? I am sailing on the harmony 8/7.

Unfortunately, there is no set time for reservations to open. Keep checking your Cruise Planner.

We had MTD on the oasis 2 years ago and never had to wait more than 5 minutes. We ate in the MDR every night but the first night. We are in the entry level of the C&A club, not Gold Card people. We are going again in June I truly hope the wait is not an hour as others have posted.

Reporting live from Allure :) We are enjoying an amazing cruise.

We did not make reservations for tonight, because we thought we would skip this first formal due to our ice show schedule. We changed our minds and went to the MDR at 6 p.m. Even without reservations, we were seated within 5 minutes. This is our first MTD experience and we like it so far. Courses are served faster and dinner was therefore over quickly. It seems like MTD allows you to let dinner be as quick or as slow as you like...but that is just my take from our limited experience. Will report back if anything changes.

Thanks for the info! I actually thought I would never be able to eat in the MDR...lol.

Abisha, i can completely relate. After trying to book 7 nights of MTD reservations around our reserved show times I was thinking there were some nights i might starve (sort of go obsessed and forgot there are other options for dining :p ). I was not able to get one night between 6-7:30, not even one and this was booking 8 weeks prior to departure. SIGH....i sure hope that we have 5-10 min waits, but we have a party of 6, so i'm sure that's more difficult.

Abisha, i can completely relate. After trying to book 7 nights of MTD reservations around our reserved show times I was thinking there were some nights i might starve (sort of go obsessed and forgot there are other options for dining :p ). I was not able to get one night between 6-7:30, not even one and this was booking 8 weeks prior to departure. SIGH....i sure hope that we have 5-10 min waits, but we have a party of 6, so i'm sure that's more difficult.

You'd be surprised-my husband and I originally were going just us but my family joined somewhat last minute so we were a party of 8. We still were always seated in 5-10 minutes. We went one night just the 2 of us and the only way we could be seated quickly is if we agreed to sit with other people. Our experience last week was that groups were a little easier/quicker. Completely opposite of what you would think! Also, there is nice seating and a bar if you should have a wait. Also, we generally went between 7:30 and 8:00

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by KG1924

Can you make a reservation well in advance, I am 106 days away from my first cruise:)! Then if my plans change slightly can I change my reservation times?:confused:

Also I only seem to be able to book the following time (why is there no times between 18:30 and 19:45): 17:30 17:45 18:00 18:30 19:45 20:00 20:15 20:30 20:45 21:00 21:15 21:30

Can you make a reservation well in advance, I am 106 days away from my first cruise:)! Then if my plans change slightly can I change my reservation times?:confused:

Also I only seem to be able to book the following time (why is there no times between 18:30 and 19:45): 17:30 17:45 18:00 18:30 19:45 20:00 20:15 20:30 20:45 21:00 21:15 21:30

Sure, you can change your reservation times when you are onboard, subject to availability. You would just need to call or visit the MTD desk.

Hmm.. This is not specified anywhere in RCCL brochures that suite guests have a "priority" seating for MTD. I know this applies to the theater seating.

Did you personally observe suite guests getting their seats right away even without a reservation ?

DWI and I Did on Oasis last summer. They had a special podium set up for those with gold cards. We just walked up showed our cards and seated immediately

Just off of the Allure. We had a MTD time of 8:00 but after several cruises we learned that you can literally walk in anytime and get a table. We never waited more than 2-5 minutes. People are constantly being seated and any wait time was only a scant few minutes. Not an issue at all!

My wife and I socialize as part of our business so when we go on cruises we enjoy dining just the two of us. We have MyTime dining on our upcoming cruises on Allure. Are there any private tables for two in the dining room? Not the ones they call a table for two where you are literally right next to another couple but a true private table for two. Do they exist on Allure?