Lunch suggestions

lljost

We will be in Key West from 12-7 in February. Any suggestions for lunch and drinks? Fresh fish/seafood would be great. Hopefully with a view for people watching. Thanks for any help.

If you walk along Front Street and make a left (that's right, a left) on Simonton, you come to the small beach where you will find ---> http://lagerheadsbeachbar.com/

People watch the swimmers and the people going out on the boats as they sail by. I like the fish tacos there.

Pjk

We will be in Key West from 12-7 in February. Any suggestions for lunch and drinks? Fresh fish/seafood would be great. Hopefully with a view for people watching. Thanks for any help.

As a local, my recommendation for you is Bistro 245. It's at the Westin hotel out on the dock and looks out to the open water of Key West Harbor. There will be a Carnival ship on that dock, so there will be plenty of people watching. I recommend the Cuban mix or the Grouper sandwich.

On another note, it'll be nice to see a Princess ship in port. I can't remember the last time Princess was here.

Thank you for the suggestions. Looking forward to doing a walking tour of the area and then enjoying a nice lunch. I haven't been to Key West since I was a child and my DH has never been there. So glad Princess is stopping here.

it's close to the dock and the food and drinks are pretty go. Owned by the actress from Top Gun.

If you're there till' 7:00 and looking for something to do later in the afternoon Kelly's has good margarita's and wings for happy hour (around 4:30-6:30 I think). It's in a cool old building, the original headquarters of Pan Am Airways.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I just did the Southernmost Food Tour. Lunch in four different local establishments plus drinks in two more.

I would love to know what four establishments you ate lunch in. If you don't mind, could you list them here? We'll be returning to Key West for a visit in a week or two.

Edited by Gangway Style