New Drink Package

SuiteCruisin14

They had it on the 11 day Sun cruise we just came off. $49 per day, you had to buy the first or second day for the entire 11 days. Everyone in the cabin had to buy it and they add 15% gratuity to the total. No tax.

Everyone? or all adults? It seems odd to charge that much for kids that obviously won't be drinking alcohol.

Carnival has been trying this on a few of their ships for several months now and the reaction has been positive. So I'm not surprised that NCL is trying this out.

With Carnival, all the adults in the cabin have to buy it. So that's what I would expect from NCL. Although it's possible that they could extend this so that all children in the cabin had to buy the soda package.

Still, that wouldn't be worth it for us. I think I'll stick with buying a couple of bottles via the bar setup along with the soda package for us. Even with a couple of drinks at the bars during the trip we would come out ahead. If they discontinue the bar setup, I wouldn't be happy. But I would get by without.

They had it on the 11 day Sun cruise we just came off. $49 per day, you had to buy the first or second day for the entire 11 days. Everyone in the cabin had to buy it and they add 15% gratuity to the total. No tax.

Silly question but was the beer and wine in bottles and could you get the bucket of beer to go for this $49 per day package :rolleyes:

Silly question but was the beer and wine in bottles and could you get the bucket of beer to go for this $49 per day package :rolleyes:

They've never allowed multiples on any of the packages in the past. When alcohol or soda packages have been offered, it is always one drink at a time. Beer would be the same. Prevents "sharing".

We had toyed with creating a group large enough to take advantage of the packages but since we all have certain preferences, it didn't make sense (or cents) for us. Our favorite brands were excluded. I'd rather have 1-2 top shelf drinks than unlimited well drinks.

If I were only younger... :( On our last cruise (7 days) bar bill came in at under $100. Very sad...

Sounds like a great plan for many here though. I would guess that all adult members in a cabin would need to purchase the plan to avoid buying one package for four adults.

Here's how the math works out for me:

$50 x 7 = $350 total. Add in a 15% tip, that's 402.50.

I'll buy the soda package either way, so that brings the total alcohol cost down to $402.50 - $43.75 = $358.75.

That leaves $51.25 a day for alcohol.

A captain morgans and diet coke is about $6 after tip. 51.75 / 6 = 8.6 drinks.

There's just no way I'm going to drink 8-9 drinks EVERY DAY, especially since I'll want the specialty drinks sometimes (that damn blue man group drink is DELICIOUS) and some guavaberry rum in st maarten.

Do you know: did it include all liquors or were there exclusions?

I copied this from another post:

on the most recent GEM cruise they were offering a drink package

all you can drink soda, wine, spirits, and beer

for $50 a day

Does anyone know if this is offered onboard all sailings?

Lynda

I read your post and thought it warranted a call to NCL as we are leaving this week on the Gem. Last year we sailed Celebrity Silhouette and we purchased a beverage package that included EVERYTHING. It was a little pricey, but so worth it. We enjoy a martini, wine, and mixed drinks. Their package also included everything that you could drink out of a tap or bottle. Needless to say, I drank more Pellegrino mineral water in 12 days that I have in my entire life time.

So....I contacted NCL and they do not offer any alcohol drink packages. They, however, do have the soda package. We don't drink soda enough to purchase a package, and I could go longer without.

I wish NCL would offer a beverage package like Celebrity. It was so convenient not to think about drink prices onboard. There is such a freedom with the drink package.

Sigh.

I read your post and thought it warranted a call to NCL as we are leaving this week on the Gem. Last year we sailed Celebrity Silhouette and we purchased a beverage package that included EVERYTHING. It was a little pricey, but so worth it. We enjoy a martini, wine, and mixed drinks. Their package also included everything that you could drink out of a tap or bottle. Needless to say, I drank more Pellegrino mineral water in 12 days that I have in my entire life time.

So....I contacted NCL and they do not offer any alcohol drink packages. They, however, do have the soda package. We don't drink soda enough to purchase a package, and I could go longer without.

I wish NCL would offer a beverage package like Celebrity. It was so convenient not to think about drink prices onboard. There is such a freedom with the drink package.

Sigh.

Yet another example of NCL phone reps not knowing what's going on? We have a couple reports here of the new package.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sigh.

I knew it sounded too good to be true. :( Here's hoping that whoever you called at NCL (presumably on land) doesn't realize that their ships at sea have a different thinking and are still offering these packages. We would sign up in a HEARTBEAT. Please listen to us, NCL!!!

It sure would be nice if NCL could post here. It would have a huge effect on what wine we bring next month. I'm sorry but I have no faith in the phone reps...too much past experience with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you know: did it include all liquors or were there exclusions?

It does not include all liquors. There were 2 levels: domestic beer & well drinks or imported beer & call brands. I don't remember what the call brands were but I know they did NOT include Absolute Vodka, Johnny Walker Red, Bailey's Irish Cream, Cuervo tequilla, or Malibu or Bacardi Rum. Forget about stuff that is farther up or true top shelf.

I knew it sounded too good to be true. :( Here's hoping that whoever you called at NCL (presumably on land) doesn't realize that their ships at sea have a different thinking and are still offering these packages. We would sign up in a HEARTBEAT. Please listen to us, NCL!!!

Oh, I called yesterday on land. I've had conflicting information from the cruise customer service folk before. You can be sure that we will inquire this week, onboard, about a drink package. Even if they don't offer it....I'll keep asking them and maybe they will listen to their customers and develop a package. Check out Celebrity's offering...it was very nice. I enjoyed the ability to grab a vitamin water, a glass of wine, or a cocktail before dinner. It was so convenient.

Archived