Ipad Air Availability - Eclipse

DYKWIA

Hi,

When the Eclipse sails out of Southampton does anyone know

(1) When the Apple shop opens

(2) Is it likely they will have some Apple Ipad Airs in stock

(3) Any idea on prices

My wife's Ipad 2 is on its last legs and isn't taking kindly to the upgrades and level 930 of Candy Crash - if we can get a replacement on board at a good saving that would be ideal.

Edited by DYKWIA

The Internet Café is generally open immediately when you board the ship but you may wish to wait to make any purchases. Generally when the ship is in port you must pay local VAT and taxes for any purchases including drinks and drink packages.

They generally do not have the latest Apple product but there is always the chance you will find it.

Can you use onboard credit for device purchases at Apple Reseller onboard?

Yes, you can which is exactly what we did. We bought an IPad air2 but they had minis also. The price is retail but no tax (in the Caribbean). They may have iPad Pros by now but I don't know for sure.

Hi,

When the Eclipse sails out of Southampton does anyone know

(1) When the Apple shop opens

(2) Is it likely they will have some Apple Ipad Airs in stock

(3) Any idea on prices

My wife's Ipad 2 is on its last legs and isn't taking kindly to the upgrades and level 930 of Candy Crash - if we can get a replacement on board at a good saving that would be ideal.

iLounge Operational Hours:

• Embarkation Day - 8:00am until 11:00pm (Staffed)

• Sea Days - 8:00am until 11:00pm (Staffed), 11:00pm until 8:00am
  • Port Days - 8:00am until 12:00pm (Staffed),12:00pm until 4:00pm, 4:00pm until 11:00pm (Staffed)

Products Available for Sale in Celebrity iLounge:

• MacBook
  • MacBook Air
  • MacBook Pro
  • iPad Mini
  • iPad Air
  • Apple Accessories
  • Belkin iPad Cases
  • Belkin Cables
  • Beats by Dr. Dre Speakers
  • Beats by Dr. Dre Headphones
  • JBL Speakers
  • JBL Headphones

All products sold are tax and duty free.

Products are available when they are available.....the list posted is things they sometimes/often have available.

Important note: If your cruise only stops at EU ports...for example, some cruises out of Barcelona....I believe you WILL be charged VAT....assuming that Celebrity follows the law (and they are careful to follow this one).

I'm sure celebrity cruises would have added that information if the celebrity web site were accurate...since he/she only posts what they can copy from the web site....

Edited by ghstudio

Products are available when they are available.....the list posted is things they sometimes/often have available.

Important note: If your cruise only stops at EU ports...for example, some cruises out of Barcelona....I believe you WILL be charged VAT....assuming that Celebrity follows the law (and they are careful to follow this one).

I'm sure celebrity cruises would have added that information if the celebrity web site were accurate...since he/she only posts what they can copy from the web site....

The Canary Isle cruises have several ports that are Duty Free

iPad availability on our recent Eclipse cruise was limited to the 64gb of the mini. Whilst prices are tax free usually similar deals can be found online at home. Probably only really of benefit if you have OBC to use up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A reminder to anyone thinking of purchasing an iPad or an iPhone on board the ship, you may not be able to provision it with the ship's internet. I know with the old system is was a total crap shoot to get them working since the service was so slow but I don't know about the new system so ask before you buy....

• 2 weeks later...