drinks included in Captains Club celebration

cruiserqueen75

Lol, as a Canadian I so get this...

Canadian Whiskey Drinkers have their standards, for some it isn't JUST their drink of choice... It is literally the ONLY alcohol they drink.

Much like their "cousins" around the globe who enjoy Bourbon, Scotch or Irish Whiskey.

Wouldn't be a deal breaker for me (but then I am not a Rye lover by any means)... And I love Cruising too much to say it would mean a "No Go"... But I could see where someone could be upset at the inconvenience of going to get a drink elsewhere to bring into the Reception.

Cheers!

Just pay for it! But totally not sailing with an entire Company cause you can't get free CC? This has to be the funniest thread in over 10 years.

Lol, not quite...

There was a similar post back in 2011 that gave many of us a good chuckle at the time

As I said Whiskey Drinkers the world over can be pretty devoted to their brand (more so if Boubon, Scotch & Irish Whiskey ARE being poured side by each)

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Lol, not quite...

There was a similar post back in 2011 that gave many of us a good chuckle at the time

As I said Whiskey Drinkers the world over can be pretty devoted to their brand (more so if Boubon, Scotch & Irish Whiskey ARE being poured side by each)

Oh I get it since I am one of those too. Jack Daniels Single Barrel! But alas it has never been stocked on RCCL nor Celebrity. But if it was, not getting it free at a cocktail party would not be a reason to not sail on A line.

image.jpg.29b0c855881ddfdd7f390aac618bf557.jpg

Lol, as a Canadian I so get this...

Canadian Whiskey Drinkers have their standards, for some it isn't JUST their drink of choice... It is literally the ONLY alcohol they drink.

Much like their "cousins" around the globe who enjoy Bourbon, Scotch or Irish Whiskey.

Wouldn't be a deal breaker for me (but then I am not a Rye lover by any means)... And I love Cruising too much to say it would mean a "No Go"... But I could see where someone could be upset at the inconvenience of going to get a drink elsewhere to bring into the Reception.

Cheers!

I too can understand, while not a deal breaker for us either, we enjoy a less expensive Scotch, "White Horse" - when we drink other Scotches -- not the same at all.

While ago saw they had Canadian whiskey (new on drink menu) included. Is this the case -- do they now include this every evening. Thank you -- deal breaker for one of my friends.

To upgrade to a premium package from the classic package is only $12 per day pp. That surely wouldn't stop me from going on a cruise. The "free" drinks aren't worth drinking at the captains party.

Edited by Cruise a holic

To upgrade to a premium package from the classic package is only $12 per day pp. That surely wouldn't stop me from going on a cruise. The "free" drinks aren't worth drinking at the captains party.

The OP is asking about a free drink served at the Captain's Party which is held one time per cruise for less than an hour. I notice that the OP has been registered since 2009 and this is their first post. I've also noticed that they've been away since they posted. Also recall a humorous thread on the same subject in the past. Do I have a reason to be suspicious?

The OP is asking about a free drink served at the Captain's Party which is held one time per cruise for less than an hour. I notice that the OP has been registered since 2009 and this is their first post. I've also noticed that they've been away since they posted. Also recall a humorous thread on the same subject in the past. Do I have a reason to be suspicious?

I thought they were asking about the Elite Happy hour although they referred to it as the Captain's Club celebration. They asked:

"do they include this every evening?"

Obviously the Captain's welcome party isn't held every night.

No biggie either way. Canadian whisky is pretty low on my list of things to drink. I'll get enough to drink. ;)

I thought they were asking about the Elite Happy hour although they referred to it as the Captain's Club celebration. They asked:

"do they include this every evening?"

Obviously the Captain's welcome party isn't held every night.

No biggie either way. Canadian whisky is pretty low on my list of things to drink. I'll get enough to drink. ;)

Perhaps they will return and clarify?

DH only drinks Crown Royal. He didn't have a problem getting it in the elite cocktail hour. In fact, the server would see him coming in & get the drink to him before he could sit down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Am OP. Didn't think I would get laughed at -- will never post again. Just wanted to know the nightly event -- on summit - they included some type of rye whiskey (maybe known to some as Canadian). Our friend only does RC because he feels that Celebrity excludes him in this category -- they have every other type of hard liquor -- and it is not because he won't pay -- just principle and just principle

Am OP. Didn't think I would get laughed at -- will never post again. Just wanted to know the nightly event -- on summit - they included some type of rye whiskey (maybe known to some as Canadian). Our friend only does RC because he feels that Celebrity excludes him in this category -- they have every other type of hard liquor -- and it is not because he won't pay -- just principle and just principle

If you are an elite member, they have nightly, with the exception of the captains reception, free drinks offered. I am not sure if rye is offered. I think, but might be wrong, only mixed drinks, wine and beer served. But perhaps a mixed drink does contain rye and you could ask them to "hold" the other ingredients.

Do not worry about what other people say. This is how you learn. I sail on Royal also and am a Diamond member- they do offer free alcohol also- the list is much more inclusive then the Celebrity "free" drinks. However you must be an Elite member on Celebrity or Diamond member on RC to get free drinks. Now celebrity offers free drink packages very often, so you can get rye drinks. Also, you get free champagne at the so called art auctions.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Just pay for it! But totally not sailing with an entire Company cause you can't get free CC? This has to be the funniest thread in over 10 years.

Wallie:

Years ago there was a woman who cancelled her cruise because they served coke products and not pepsi or vice versa, don't remember which.

I could be wrong, but when I read your original post it implies you have been reading threads on Cruise Critic if not posting. So honestly, did you really think you would post a question about someone not willing to take a cruise because of a drink option at a free drink event and not get some good natured ribbing?? I've seen some nasty posts on other threads that can get a bit out of hand, but this thread was pretty mild IMHO. I hope you reconsider posting again as most people really just want to be helpful.

Only does RC? Who does he thinks pulls the strings at X?

Oh, I forgot, not coming back after 2 post, so I am talking to myself, opps. And that is not a good thing at all!:rolleyes:

Don't think anybody mentioned "CC" until you did. CC barely passes for whiskey at the best of times.

I see mention of Crown Royal (is that the RC mentioned by others in the thread :confused: ) so we're getting somewhere now...:D

While ago saw they had Canadian whiskey (new on drink menu) included. Is this the case -- do they now include this every evening. Thank you -- deal breaker for one of my friends.

Don't think anybody mentioned "CC" until you did. CC barely passes for whiskey at the best of times.

I see mention of Crown Royal (is that the RC mentioned by others in the thread :confused: ) so we're getting somewhere now...:D

OK den, but Not sailing with a entire company because of no Canadian whiskey is even more foolish. And yes, I agree, CC is one step above moonshine, no I take that back, moonshine is a step up from CC! You are correct, even in the best of times it barely passes. So now even more of a lame reason.:D

( RC= Royal Carribean, they pull the strings )

Edited by wallie5446