Steakhouse Seating Question

HollandAvery

I had a quick question about the seating when dining at one of the steakhouses on a Carnival ship.

We will be dining at Sun King Steakhouse and I was curious to know if the seating is arranged similar to the way it is in the MDR...where we could be sat with several others that have the same dining time slot as we do?

I would find this odd, as this is a totally different experience...but since when we went on our first cruise we were surprised to not be sat by ourselves, I wanted to ask about how it's done at the steakhouse.

Although I'd normally be fine with sharing a table with others and meeting new people...we booked the steakhouse one evening to celebrate an anniversary and would like some privacy, so to speak. I figured we would probably just be sat by ourselves, but I wanted to ask how it's normally done just in case.

I love being in a table for 2 by the outside wall at sunset. I've been to the Steakhouse on Conquest and on Pride. They both had a wall of windows with tables for 2 running along it. Very nice experience!

I usually book the steakhouse for the last night of my cruise. So there I was seated on the port side window, table for 1, and I was joined by all the smokers sneaking cigarettes on the wrong side of the vessel. I should have counted, must have had 50 different pax pacing, smoking and choking just outside the window throughout my meal.

I mentioned something to the manager when she came by, and she replied that smokers were allowed in that area. My meal was great otherwise. Just wish I could have enjoyed the view without the coughing and choking people. This was on the Valor last March. I did mention this in my post cruise survey.

Be sure to book your Steakhouse reservations before you leave or right after you get on board. We had no problem getting the reservations about a week before we sailed but we spoke with a few people on the ship who were not able to book and wanted to do so.

Be sure to book your Steakhouse reservations before you leave or right after you get on board. We had no problem getting the reservations about a week before we sailed but we spoke with a few people on the ship who were not able to book and wanted to do so.

We have booked on board for one of the last days of the cruise without any problems. Just might have to settle for a time.

We have booked on board for one of the last days of the cruise without any problems. Just might have to settle for a time.

That's awesome! The cruise we just came off of on Saturday was understaffed/undertrained in the steakhouse due to a crew switch over so they were cutting back on the tables allowed. We thought we received great service however the manager came by several times apologizing and toward the end of our service we noticed several servers who were in Lido deck shirts and not steakhouse had arrived to help out. It didn't make any difference to us but I know others were disappointed they couldn't get in but could see empty tables through the window.

yes, the music was several years ago. We even danced in between courses, very romantic

Back in the "good old days" it was called a supper club, not a steakhouse. There was live music for dancing. It was very nice. We miss it :(

We already made reservations for day one as the MDR is usually chaotic. We might do one more Steakhouse dinner later in the 11 days. We heard the wine is mediocre but it's free and so is the dinner, thanks to our T.A.

Do you have to drink the wine, or can you take it home with you?

Also, if you don't drink it all, they will send it to the MDR for you to have the next night. We did this. We had YTD, and the waiters had no trouble finding it for us the next night.