Silver Discoverer

cruzer9

Wow indeed. But a terrible thought crossed my mind with one of the pictures-The missing plane !!

It is a crashed American WWII plane - very well preserved considering where it is.

It is a crashed American WWII plane - very well preserved considering where it is.

Yes- amazing the things you find in the jungle throughout the Pacific. There is a plane "graveyard" on Anguair in Palau- just hidden away on this tiny island. WWII is still very much in evidence in many places in the world.

The Avid Cruiser daily reports are definitely worth a read, and the beautiful pictures reminded me just how lucky we were to experience the magnificent Kimberley. Just one point of clarification - not all itineraries go to all the same places. Everything in the Kimberley is tide dependent, they have some of the biggest tide changes in the world. For that reason our cruise didn't go to Montgomery Reef or the Horizontal Waterfalls, the tides were just not right. So take care to research the right departure for you, if you have specific interests that you want to experience, you will want to ensure that the tide times work for those places.

Had not seen those-what a great read and nice pictures. 4months plus a week or so before we head off- all this is making the wait both easier and more difficult.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The pictures have opened up a new area for us to experience. And the accompanying commentary filled in the gaps. We're booked on 3 b2b from Kota Kinabalu to Cairns in September, and I am really excited and looking forward to the Discoverer. I am so pleased that Silversea has added these expedition ships which has opened up so many new itineraries that the other ships could not do.

For those who can access the BBC, either direct or on iPlayer, the Australian version of the Coast series started up with the Kimberly, including a ride through the horizontal falls. Lots of good footage.

It's available until Wed 9th July.

Edited by Silver Spectre
availability update

• 1 month later...
" Behind the TV (which pulls off the wall) were large dirty handprints. Probably from the installers of the TV. So after a launch and 3 cruises, no one checked?"

Do I understand this correctly- the TV was attached to the wall and you removed it to check behind it? Why would it matter if there were handprints behind the TV? Or am I not getting the picture here?

REPLY: The TV was on a hinge so it could be pulled out and swung about to face different directions, which is how we saw the hand prints!

REPLY: The TV was on a hinge so it could be pulled out and swung about to face different directions, which is how we saw the hand prints!

Ah-that makes sense. Thank you for clarifying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...