Has anyone ever not got off the ship while at port?

Mr & Mrs Happy

The hubster has been working 70+hrs a week as of late and he said if it was left up to him, he wouldn't bother getting off the ship. Im like - how can you not want to go check out the beach at least? Im wondering how many go on a cruise but never get off the ship while at port?

This cruise he is saying he just wants to relax, eat and drink. Not walk around all day and be all tired, hot and sweaty. Especially since we live in Fla., not far from the beach and it has been terribly hot and humid here.

I've never, but if the ship I was on ever stopped in the Bahamas that is exactly what I'd do.

Good time to explore the ship, enjoy the pool and the decks with less crowds. Thinking of a massage? You might find a better deal when the ship is in port.

The hubster has been working 70+hrs a week as of late and he said if it was left up to him, he wouldn't bother getting off the ship. Im like - how can you not want to go check out the beach at least? Im wondering how many go on a cruise but never get off the ship while at port?

This cruise he is saying he just wants to relax, eat and drink. Not walk around all day and be all tired, hot and sweaty. Especially since we live in Fla., not far from the beach and it has been terribly hot and humid here.

We don't get off the ship anymore in Princess Cays, Nassau, Freeport and some other ports we find ourselves consistently visiting via cruise ship. We're not interested in cruising to visit a beach, as I can just walk for a few minutes at home to spend time at the beach.

Edited by Disconnections

Yes, my DH and I have stayed on the ship and loved it! We are only able to cruise one particular week of the year due to our different work schedules, so we don't have a lot of choice about where we go. It has to be that week and one year the only itinerary was the exact same one we had done the year before. We had done excursions in every port the first ime and my DH is not a beach person, so we decided we would just stay on the ship. It was the most relaxing vacation we've ever had !! We had the ship pretty much to ourselves. We went to the spa and laid out on the Serenity deck. We had no lines for meals. It was totally relaxing. We agreed that from now on, we will stay on for at least one port. If you come on your cruise totally exhausted from work, I would heartily recommend trying this.

On our last cruise, we did a 7 day boat ride. Only got off once for less than an hour for supplies (booze for the house). We had a great time!

Many stay onboard. You'll actually be surprised. Some have visited the place before, others procrastinate until they can't get off the ship, and some just want to explore the empty ship.

We, on the other hand, have been to Nassau 3 times, and are going back in November. Of course, we're getting off. We always get off the boat. Never have we not, except for once in Port Canaveral because it's a wasted stop to us, even with children. But the other 2 times we headed to cocoa beach. That's how destination-oriented our cruise is.

You'll have fun either way. Enjoy!

I've never, but if the ship I was on ever stopped in the Bahamas that is exactly what I'd do.

Good time to explore the ship, enjoy the pool and the decks with less crowds. Thinking of a massage? You might find a better deal when the ship is in port.

That's where we're going - The Bahamas..lol! I do remember the first time I went to Nassau, feeling really pressured by some of the vendors. We found a guy who took some of us to tour Atlantis which I wasn't very impressed with. Then we toured a rum factory if I recall.

I ended up with a terrible sinus infection once and stayed on board in Cozumel. I was sooo much happier staying in my cabin that day! This gave the antibiotics some time to kick in. I've been to Cozumel many times, so I didn't really miss anything.

I may suck it up for this cruise and stay onboard cause the hubster could really use some down time. We may do the spa. Every time he's come with me to get a mani/pedi, he'll get a pedi and end up falling asleep...lol. A spa treatment would be perfect for him.

I really enjoyed the first time I cruised and have always wanted to go back. I want this to be enjoyable for the hubster so he'll be like, yeah! this is the life (to some degree) :D

Thanks a ton yall for the advice and help. Much appreciated!

We stay on in Nassau and Cozumel. Been there a few times each. We love staying on the ship while everyone is on shore. Very quiet and relaxing. We love being able to have a relaxed time, no rush, eat without lines, take photos of the ship, or whatever we want to do. It's fun. :)

I may suck it up for this cruise and stay onboard cause the hubster could really use some down time. We may do the spa. Every time he's come with me to get a mani/pedi, he'll get a pedi and end up falling asleep...lol. A spa treatment would be perfect for him.

I really enjoyed the first time I cruised and have always wanted to go back. I want this to be enjoyable for the hubster so he'll be like, yeah! this is the life (to some degree) :D

Thanks a ton yall for the advice and help. Much appreciated!

Hope you enjoy your cruise! What ship?

We usually always stay on the ship in Nassau. Last time in Belize hubby got freaked out by the men with machine guns on the roads, so we plan to stay on ship when we go on the Splendor in December. We also always have a spa room so it is a food time to enjoy the quiet spa.

We have been on 8 cruises. I have been off the ship one day, one time for about an hour. I do not go to shop, nor to explore. I am not a beach person. I go for the pampering I get on the ship. Pure and simple. No cooking, no cleaning, no driving. Just relaxation, peace, and great food and entertainment.:p

We have been on 8 cruises. I have been off the ship one day, one time for about an hour. I do not go to shop, nor to explore. I am not a beach person. I go for the pampering I get on the ship. Pure and simple. No cooking, no cleaning, no driving. Just relaxation, peace, and great food and entertainment.:p

This is EXACTLY like my husband. He said he just wants to relax, dance, eat and drink. He is pretty paranoid about getting off the ship in a "foreign country" as is and possibly missing the ship, etc. Im the one that would be ready to go explore. It's funny cause when we first met, he was the more adventurous one. Me not so much. Next month, Im going skydiving for the 1st time ever. The hubster is not impressed. Maybe Im having a mid-life crisis...lol.

I took my mother along on RCCL Magesty of the Seas 13 years ago. We did not get off of the ship at either port and we had a wonderful time.

Having been to the Bahamas a number of times, I would have no problem staying on the ship, but have plans with others cruising with us, so not this time. I think I would get off the ship at least for an hour or so in other ports just to give me a break from the ship. I don't think I would stay on the whole time, but I can see why people would if laying by the pool and using the spa is what you love to do.