Cococay Ocean view cabana vs Bungalow

Hey cruise critic family. Cant find any concise info from older posts so now I'm asking.

In regards to cabana vs bungalow on Cococay. The cabana is more expensive at $216 vs $149 for the bungalow. Why??

I'm wanting a quite private day with everything included and the ability to walk into the water and not have rocks in front of me as an obstruction.

Which do I choose. Pros and Cons.

Thanks in advance.

The cabana is more "substantial" than the bungalow....but both offer shelter from the sun. I know the cabanas get a bit more choice of items on the lunch menu than everyone else...don't know if that extends to the bungalows, too. (It should, considering what they charge!!)

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know of any reviews of both that they can link to the Cabana and Bungalows on Coccoa Cay? I booked the Cabana because I heard they were better and had better food selection. Now I am hearing you can't get to the beach? that can't be right? help. reviews pics? Bueller?

Does anyone know of any reviews of both that they can link to the Cabana and Bungalows on Coccoa Cay? I booked the Cabana because I heard they were better and had better food selection. Now I am hearing you can't get to the beach? that can't be right? help. reviews pics? Bueller?

i have no idea where the pics are but someone did post that there are rocks right in front of the cabanas. if you searched for threads with canbana and rocks maybe? that being said, the more public beach didnt seem that far away. but i remember saying to myself : self, do you wanna pay over 200 and not even be able to go on the beach in front of your cabana.

i ordered up a bed when they were on sale for 100.

They have moved the cabanas because they are working on the dock and there is now direct beach access. The beach and water are very nice and not rocky at all. I have never done the bungalow but with the cabana your get floating mats, use of snorkel equipment and a cooler of Evian water. We were just there on 7/5.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our cabana was up on the rock face above the water. No access to the sea except via a ladder.

It was a great day.

Our attendant was great. Got us drinks, made sure we were happy.

Even chased the noisy kids off of the ladder to our cabana.

We rented a Beach Bungalow while on our cruise with Celebrity in April. It is direct access to the water and is located in the area called South Beach which is just about as far as you can get from the tenders. There is a little trolley available to drive you there. It is also very far from the food buffet area but they have a food truck that delivers the food directly to each bungalow. The food was basic, bbq chicken, ribs, burgers, hotdogs, salads. We also got 2 floats mats, had 2 padded loungers and a cooler with 4 large bottles of Evian. There is a concierge that monitors who comes into the area and she took her job very seriously. I have another one booked for our Majesty cruise in December.

Cannot speak to the cabanas being moved since they were still located on the sea wall when we visited.

They have moved the cabanas because they are working on the dock and there is now direct beach access. The beach and water are very nice and not rocky at all. I have never done the bungalow but with the cabana your get floating mats, use of snorkel equipment and a cooler of Evian water. We were just there on 7/5.

Thanks for the update.

I guess I am going to leave the reservation for now. I am not sailing until June, so as it gets closer I'll look again at the location. I like the extra privacy and reserved spot as well as the upgraded food. Most reviews are positive even with the rocks. Here's to hoping direct beach access remains.

Thank you for the info! I've been searching for confirmation that the cabanas have been relocated. One question, is there still an "upgraded" lunch being offered to cabana guests? Have they moved the buffet area to the new location also? Just trying to get an idea of the new layout. Thanks.

The Cabanas have been moved to the area behind the Wave Jet building. They have a roped off area of the beach right there with easy access, as well as a private area for lunch with a bit more variety of food. When we were on Grandeur last week, suite guests were also given access for lunch. It was very good.

Good morning, we are looking forward to a visit to Coco Cay in February and have a couple of questions.

Can either the Cabanas or the Bungalows be closed off enough to provide enough privacy for changing in and out of bathing suits?

I see comments about better food in the Cabanas, are there menus available so we can see if that is something that would make a difference to us?

Thanks for your help.

... Can either the Cabanas or the Bungalows be closed off enough to provide enough privacy for changing in and out of bathing suits? ... .

No, but there are bathrooms available.

I see comments about better food in the Cabanas, are there menus available so we can see if that is something that would make a difference to us?

Thanks for your help.

It's a buffet-style lunch, just like the regular Cococay lunch. But there are some additional items. Last week on Grandeur we had minute steaks (for steak sandwiches), shrimp skewers, some sort of pork item (IIRC... I don't eat pork), corn bread, additional salad options, and assorted cakes and cookies. Water, iced tea and fruit punch were the free beverage options. I believe there was also hot water available and tea bags.

A bigger difference is you aren't fighting through thousands of people for grilled chicken, dried out hamburgers, rice and beans and 2 inch pieces of corn on the cob (all of which were also available in the Cabana/suite lunch area).

No, but there are bathrooms available.

It's a buffet-style lunch, just like the regular Cococay lunch. But there are some additional items. Last week on Grandeur we had minute steaks (for steak sandwiches), shrimp skewers, some sort of pork item (IIRC... I don't eat pork), corn bread, additional salad options, and assorted cakes and cookies. Water, iced tea and fruit punch were the free beverage options. I believe there was also hot water available and tea bags.

A bigger difference is you aren't fighting through thousands of people for grilled chicken, dried out hamburgers, rice and beans and 2 inch pieces of corn on the cob (all of which were also available in the Cabana/suite lunch area).

Thanks for the quick, helpful replies!

Our cabana was up on the rock face above the water. No access to the sea except via a ladder.

It was a great day.

Our attendant was great. Got us drinks, made sure we were happy.

Even chased the noisy kids off of the ladder to our cabana.

How do the "drinks" work for the bungalows? I can't find any information as to whether your deluxe drink package in included at the bungalow area at South Beach. When you mentioned that the attendant was able to get your drinks. Did you mean alcohol with your pass?

we have had a cabana only . When we sailed, they were for suite only guests. The cabanas had a private barbecue and private bar and rest room.

if you had a drink package, you could use it on the island. The cabana had seating for six and part was enclosed on two sides, with a porch attached with two lounge chairs. The beach was close, not in front of you but very accessible. We wouldn't hesitate to reserve again.