What do you recommend for Something to Do

CreoleCruisin

What excursions/things to do/places to go do you recommend for our first time in Cozumel. Technically, this will be my second time and my husband's first time in Cozumel, but it's been over 10 years for me. We will be having a small get away to celebrate my husband's graduation and our first real vacay since having kids (2 under two years old). We like historical sightseeing and want relaxation. This is the only port on our short cruise. What would you recommend?

Not much historical sightseeing to do on Coz - there are some small Mayan ruins that IMHO are not worth the time and $$ needed to see them.

For relaxing you cannot beat the uncrowded, all-inclusive beach day at Nachi Cocom - about $55 each, limited to 100 guests per day, small pool, nice beach, quiet, great food/drinks/service. :D

Not much historical sightseeing to do on Coz - there are some small Mayan ruins that IMHO are not worth the time and $$ needed to see them.

For relaxing you cannot beat the uncrowded, all-inclusive beach day at Nachi Cocom - about $55 each, limited to 100 guests per day, small pool, nice beach, quiet, great food/drinks/service. :D

This.

we love paradise beach. we don't drink so all inclusive don't offer us as much as others. it's a very nice property with excellent service and reasonably priced food and non-alcoholic drinks. if we were drinkers we would probably try nachi as suggested above. just remember that "no thank you" goes a long way with the folks in the terminal plying their wares.

This is going to be our first visit in Cozumel also. I like to go a beach club but DW wants to do sightseeing and relaxation. So we decided to hire a private driver to show us around the island including the east coast (windward) of the island, San Gervasio Mayan Archaeological site and visit a beach club for a couple of hours.

I chose Mr. Sancho (Pay As You Go) club because we don't drink and we'll there for a couple of hours. JohninDC and the driver that I contact suggested to go to Mr. Sancho Beach club.

I contacted a driver that CC members recommend and he has a Facebook account and email address. I can share his info if you're interested.

I wouldn't recommend to take a ferry to mainland and visit a major Mayan site (Tulum or Chichen Itza) with two small children even if you take the ship sponsor tour.

Edited by tdk1938

Consider one of the Mayan Ruins Excursions offered by the ship! :)

LuLu

The ruins can be great, but an all day tour (ferry ride to the mainland, bus to Coba, Tulum or another site, tour, and return to the ship do not sound relaxing to me.

OP - your call! ;)

This is going to be our first visit in Cozumel also. I like to go a beach club but DW wants to do sightseeing and relaxation. So we decided to hire a private driver to show us around the island including the east coast (windward) of the island, San Gervasio Mayan Archaeological site and visit a beach club for a couple of hours.

I chose Mr. Sancho (Pay As You Go) club because we don't drink and we'll there for a couple of hours. JohninDC and the driver that I contact suggested to go to Mr. Sancho Beach club.

I contacted a driver that CC members recommend and he has a Facebook account and email address. I can share his info if you're interested.

I wouldn't recommend to take a ferry to mainland and visit a major Mayan site (Tulum or Chichen Itza) with two small children even if you take the ship sponsor tour.

I think these are all sound suggestions. We usually use ToursPlaza for round the island trips - have used them several times and would highly recommend. They have a website with suggestions of places to visit and child seats for rent, according to website. I would also suggest reading the last few pages of the long running thread on here named hiring a driver for the day.

There are not a lot of historical sites on Cozumel. The Mayan ruins are certainly small compared to the mainland but interesting, easy and convenient for a short tour. With two young children you probably won't get to do the jungle walk but you will see the main plaza area. I certainly wouldn't recommend the long day tour to the ruins on the mainland with little ones. There is an old church in town.

Another stop which may interest you near the ruins, is a Mayan village with perhaps tequila tasting.

The beach clubs on the southern side, which include Sanchos and Paradise Beach are good with good facilities but more popular and therefore more crowded. With little ones we like Punta Morena,which is just at the end of the road across the island (where the ruins are located), before you take the scenic east coast road. Punta Morena does not have beach swimming for little ones, (can be rough) but it does have a shallow wading pool and lots of beach to run on. Some tours stop here, usually briefly, but there is plenty of room to spread out. Another east coast beach people with little ones stop sometimes is Chen Rio, which does supposedly have shallow calmer sea access but I have only stopped there for the beach bar.

Cozumel Bar Hop Bus. Especially if you want a little adult time, see some beautiful beaches, have some great food and drinks and meet some really fun people. We've done a LOT of different excursions and tours in Cozumel and this one was one of the best. It's fun, easy, relaxing and did I mention FUN?

GREAT photo ops, and beautiful scenery on the east "Wild" side of the island.

Cozumel Bar Hop Bus. Especially if you want a little adult time, see some beautiful beaches, have some great food and drinks and meet some really fun people. We've done a LOT of different excursions and tours in Cozumel and this one was one of the best. It's fun, easy, relaxing and did I mention FUN?

GREAT photo ops, and beautiful scenery on the east "Wild" side of the island.

Great suggestion if this is an adult-only excursion. Good for sightseeing but no historical stops.(I may have misunderstood - I thought the children were also going to be on the tour - no children allowed on the bar hop.)

Sorry, I wasn't clear. This will be our first vacay away from the kids since they have been/will be born. I'm pregnant now with my 2nd. So, no kiddos on the trip. Just hubby and I.

With no kiddos I would again focus on Nachi Cocom - un-crowded, relaxing, great service and food. Since you are expecting the virgin frozen drinks are very good and you'll still get your money's worth. Congrats on #3! :)

We just did the Romantic Day at Mr. Sanchos - had a palapa bed, includes 2 30 minute massages - all inclusive - nice pool with swim up bar and swings on the beach side. A few shops with interesting things. There is a place next to the massage place where you can get a fish pedicure for $20 plus tip. We did that and it was fun - my husband liked it even more than me! Cost of Romantic Day - I believe $200 (includes all food and drink, red rose, massages and palapa bed cabana) Cost of taxi $17 each way.

If we go to a beach we absolutely have to have shade because my husband has a pink complexion and burns easily. Me I could be in the sun all day and only get slightly tan. Anyway, the Palapa bed cabana filled the requirement for my husband.

Was the $200 for Romantic Day at Mr. Sancho's per person or total for 2 people? Did that include all food and drinks as well as massage? Could you get some sun anywhere near the palapa beds? Did you do any snorkeling? if so, how was it?

Was the $200 for Romantic Day at Mr. Sancho's per person or total for 2 people? Did that include all food and drinks as well as massage? Could you get some sun anywhere near the palapa beds? Did you do any snorkeling? if so, how was it?

From their website:

http://www.mrsanchos.com/mr-sanchos-all-inclusive-cozumel/mr-sanchos-romantic-cabana.html