what will be the next big sale be after Anniversary sale?

249A

Anyone have any insight on what kind of sale.. promotion ..perks .. etc will be promoted after this Anniversary sale is over ? I booked for October, but hoping there will be a better sale before my final payment.. I am assuming if I rebook with a new promotion I will lose the previous perks from the Anniversary Sale?

Anyone have any insight on what kind of sale.. promotion ..perks .. etc will be promoted after this Anniversary sale is over ? I booked for October, but hoping there will be a better sale before my final payment.. I am assuming if I rebook with a new promotion I will lose the previous perks from the Anniversary Sale?

I'd prefer to see the "real" price without the anniversary sale or anything else. Then it's easy to decide. Not the answer you wanted probably.

You don't have to rebook most times, they can just change you reservation, but like the Explore4 if you opt for a better price then yes, you will lose those perks. That's why it's nice to know the "real" price so you can make a decision based on the value of the cruise and the "value" of the perks.

I'm another one that would like to see a good price rather than a gimmick.

Me too. In fact, before last year's Alaska cruise, we didn't mind losing $50 a day drink card that for the two of us was a $1400 credit in exchange for a $600 drop pp in cruise price. We rarely order wine or alcohol anyway, so it wasn't much of a loss IMO.

If you're shopping for bargains right now, log in and you will be surprised to see much lower prices. Because of the Mariner sale, I just booked an ocean-view cabin on Nieuw Amsterdam for a Caribbean sailing next February at $739 per person versus the Anniversary Sale price of $949. Of course I don't get the cabin upgrade or the shore excursion and dining credits, but I'd rather have the lower price. Mariner sale ends on June 25, according to the rep I spoke with.

Edited by Cruiser Bruiser

If you're shopping for bargains right now, log in and you will be surprised to see much lower prices. Because of the Mariner sale, I just booked an ocean-view cabin on Nieuw Amsterdam for a Caribbean sailing next February at $739 per person versus the Anniversary Sale price of $949. Of course I don't get the cabin upgrade or the shore excursion and dining credits, but I'd rather have the lower price. Mariner sale ends on June 25, according to the rep I spoke with.

You likely didn't have a cruise booked with them so you get lower pricing. It's rare when I see special pricing and many others don't either. Logging in doesn't do anything. I do it all the time.

I'm another one that would like to see a good price rather than a gimmick.

Same here. So far, none of the sales, including the combinable offers, have matched the price I paid during a flash sale last November. Since I cruise solo, I pay double the price, but only receive half of the credits/perks. Hmmm... Something is wrong with this picture.

Same here. So far, none of the sales, including the combinable offers, have matched the price I paid during a flash sale last November. Since I cruise solo, I pay double the price, but only receive half of the credits/perks. Hmmm... Something is wrong with this picture.

It would be nice if hal would award double points for solos like princess and celebrity.

You likely didn't have a cruise booked with them so you get lower pricing. It's rare when I see special pricing and many others don't either. Logging in doesn't do anything. I do it all the time.

Good morning Cruz Chic!

I also agree with you.

Denise:)

Good to know. I now have two cruises booked with HAL, and as you predicted the "sale" rate is gone. Thanks for the tip.

Good to know. I now have two cruises booked with HAL, and as you predicted the "sale" rate is gone. Thanks for the tip.

This is something I wished I was wrong on. Sometimes for about a month or so after you book you may still see it but after that it's bye bye.

Edited by cruz chic

I agree with John aka CruiserBruiser. I had gotten a price for the anniversary sale and now I've received one with the Mariner rate. Low and behold they are virtually the same in essence. I just get a lower rate with no tour OBC, no drink card, no dine around and no internet time with the Mariner rate. I did get a $200 OBC but that was it. This I like as I can spend my money my way. We love HAL. My Wife and I have been pretty much been cruising it exclusively since our first cruise which I believe was in 1985 aboard the previous Noordam from San Fransisco to Acapulco and back for two weeks. So if you want a price for just the cruise check out the Mariner rate.

Thanks,

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

I am very disappointed with HAL. We booked under the Anniversary sale and got OBC plus other perks. Now the price went down for a category higher than mine. I called my TA (booked with Costco Travel) and HAL told them I would lose all my OBC and will not get any $$ back either if I move to a new category. What's wrong with this picture? I also asked them to move me to late dining from early dining (still over a month before sailing) and they said they dont have any openings. Reallly? for 2 people? They said they can put me on a wait list, but if it will not be available, we'll automatically be put in any time dining. This is our first time with HAL and so far I am not impressed at all. We sailed with Celebrity and Princess and they were MUCH more accomodating. We were upgraded twice with Celebrity due to the price drop. Princess upgraded us even when the price didn't drop, which I understand is just a matter of luck or random occurance. But, if the price drops, or new promotion comes up, they should do something. Am I wrong? A question for those of you who previously sailed with HAL: is this the pattern, or just depends on whom they talk to? I can't believe that such a reputable cruise like would do things like that.

I've only booked with HAL direct. Trying to get upgrades through a TA has been a worry of mine, since most lines ask me immediately if I booked thru a TA when I call to inquire about an upgrade.

Dining, tho....that is very possible for them to not have room available for late dining. Have you thought or asked about anytime dining? If you are interested in going to any shows or lounges at night, you may not want late dining. Hardly anything was open by the time we were done dining when we chose this. And, if they were, it was only for about 15 mins. So, it was pretty much eat & go to bed, which definitely isn't healthy.

I am very disappointed with HAL. We booked under the Anniversary sale and got OBC plus other perks. Now the price went down for a category higher than mine. I called my TA (booked with Costco Travel) and HAL told them I would lose all my OBC and will not get any $$ back either if I move to a new category. What's wrong with this picture? I also asked them to move me to late dining from early dining (still over a month before sailing) and they said they dont have any openings. Reallly? for 2 people? They said they can put me on a wait list, but if it will not be available, we'll automatically be put in any time dining. This is our first time with HAL and so far I am not impressed at all. We sailed with Celebrity and Princess and they were MUCH more accomodating. We were upgraded twice with Celebrity due to the price drop. Princess upgraded us even when the price didn't drop, which I understand is just a matter of luck or random occurance. But, if the price drops, or new promotion comes up, they should do something. Am I wrong? A question for those of you who previously sailed with HAL: is this the pattern, or just depends on whom they talk to? I can't believe that such a reputable cruise like would do things like that.

Forgot to copy you on my above reply.

I've only booked with HAL direct. Trying to get upgrades through a TA has been a worry of mine, since most lines ask me immediately if I booked thru a TA when I call to inquire about an upgrade.

Dining, tho....that is very possible for them to not have room available for late dining. Have you thought or asked about anytime dining? If you are interested in going to any shows or lounges at night, you may not want late dining. Hardly anything was open by the time we were done dining when we chose this. And, if they were, it was only for about 15 mins. So, it was pretty much eat & go to bed, which definitely isn't healthy.

Thank you so much for a quick reply. The issue is that this cruise is very port intensive with tours bringing us back to the ship just in time for sailing, which means going to dinner right the way without having a chance to relax at the pool which we like to do, or just simply freshen up before dinner. Early seating is too early. They ended up putting on the waiting list, but it shows on my reservation now that we are open seating. I will figure out something once we get on board.

We have the same problem, only we like to have nap time in between ports & dinner, so we're gonna give open seating a shot.

I was just pointing out how everything closes early so you'd feel better about not getting late dining. 😊

I've read on many reviews that once onboard, people have easily made the switch by contacting the dining room. I guess that's when a lot of folks change their minds.

Thank you so much for a quick reply. The issue is that this cruise is very port intensive with tours bringing us back to the ship just in time for sailing, which means going to dinner right the way without having a chance to relax at the pool which we like to do, or just simply freshen up before dinner. Early seating is too early. They ended up putting on the waiting list, but it shows on my reservation now that we are open seating. I will figure out something once we get on board.

Forgot to copy you again. 😨 See response above.

We have the same problem, only we like to have nap time in between ports & dinner, so we're gonna give open seating a shot.

I was just pointing out how everything closes early so you'd feel better about not getting late dining. 😊

I've read on many reviews that once onboard, people have easily made the switch by contacting the dining room. I guess that's when a lot of folks change their minds.

I am with you. We have done open seating once and decided we don't like it, unless we have our own group of people to go with. What happens at open seating, the waiters don't have ownership of you and the service really suffers. It almost feels like they don't care because you are not going to be at their table again next day. That's why we like the assigned seating. But, I realize that we can't have everything. Isn't there a late show though for the late seating dinner? I thought that are 2 shows or some kind of entertainment later on. On our previous cruises they had 8 o'clock show and 10:00 show for the late diners. Is this not the case on HAL? This is our first time on HAL.

I am with you. We have done open seating once and decided we don't like it, unless we have our own group of people to go with. What happens at open seating, the waiters don't have ownership of you and the service really suffers. It almost feels like they don't care because you are not going to be at their table again next day. That's why we like the assigned seating. But, I realize that we can't have everything. Isn't there a late show though for the late seating dinner? I thought that are 2 shows or some kind of entertainment later on. On our previous cruises they had 8 o'clock show and 10:00 show for the late diners. Is this not the case on HAL? This is our first time on HAL.

The 2 of us always sat with 4 others. Many times it was around 10:15 before we were done. Maybe we were just slow because we all enjoyed each other's company. I will miss having that type of experience.

We're fans of the BB King Blues Club. When we had late dinner on the Westerdam, which had 2 sets of shows, we'd get there only in time to hear one or two songs. Whatever show was playing in the main lounge was always in progress.

We have the Nieuw Amsterdam & Eurodam booked, which I believe have 3 sets of shows, at least on some nights for the BB King.

I was hoping open seating would be like our Royal Princess experience. After the first 2 days, the hostess sat us with our same wait staff, since it was clear we found them excellent. There was only one night she wasn't able to do this, but placed us nearby. The interaction was great.

What ship did you do open dining on where they passed you around? From their point of view, I would want the hostess to always try to seat the same people with me for that hope of an extra tip at the end of the cruise.

Edited by cruiseJMO

The 2 of us always sat with 4 others. Many times it was around 10:15 before we were done. Maybe we were just slow because we all enjoyed each other's company. I will miss having that type of experience.

We're fans of the BB King Blues Club. When we had late dinner on the Westerdam, which had 2 sets of shows, we'd get there only in time to hear one or two songs. Whatever show was playing in the main lounge was always in progress.

We have the Nieuw Amsterdam & Eurodam booked,

which I believe have 3 sets of shows, at least on some nights for the BB King.

I was hoping open seating would be like our Royal Princess experience. After the first 2 days, the hostess sat us with our same wait staff, since it was clear we found them excellent. There was only one night she wasn't able to do this, but placed us nearby. The interaction was great.

What ship did you do open dining on where they passed you around? From their point of view, I would want the hostess to always try to seat the same people with me for that hope of an extra tip at the end of the cruise.

The poor experience we had was on one of Princess ships. Haven't been on HAL yet. Perhaps it's different. Hope all works out.