Atlantis Beach Day or Blue Lagoon Island

monijohn

Only one day off a cruise ship and trying to decide on which to do. We have heard that the beach at Atlantis is currently not in the greatest shape and we simply want to loll in the water and lie on the beach. However observing some of the attractions at Atlantis would be a plus. Seems that Blue Lagoon provides more for less bucks. Does any expert on this thread have good advice for us. We are not even sure if Atlantis is available to us. Thanks John

This decision might depend partially on how long you are in port. The last ferry from Blue Lagoon Island is at 4pm. Having said that, we LOVED Blue Lagoon island and our only regret was not going earlier to have more time there. It was paradise! If we get to go back to Nassau I would go back to Blue Lagoon Island for sure. We booked independently to save money (I highly recommend it, it was so easy) and as part of the beach day you get lunch and can explore the island - you are able to see the dolphins and sealions which we thought was great!

Unfortunately, I cannot give you any info about Atlantis, but the beach at Blue Lagoon was great! So relaxing! My only advise is to go as early as your time in port will allow - you won't want to leave! If you have specific questions feel free to ask. I hope this helped a bit!

kg03ar, We appreciate your assessment of Blue Lagoon. Sounds great! Will likely be our choice. Hoping someone rates Blue Lagoon island with Atlantis Beach day. Will be in Nassau at end of Aug. John

kg03ar, We appreciate your assessment of Blue Lagoon. Sounds great! Will likely be our choice. Hoping someone rates Blue Lagoon island with Atlantis Beach day. Will be in Nassau at end of Aug. John

Atlantis beach is open ocean and can get rough at times.. it is oftentimes closed due to oncoming weather. Atlantis is also a fake, tacky world of facades and you get the feel you never left the US.

Blue Lagoon is a natural lagoon setting with crystal clear calm water and natural surroundings. You feel like your in the bahamas..

Atlantis also has jet ski's and parasailing and banana boats etc.

Blue Lagoon does not.

after seeing pics and hearing about Blue Lagoon we wanted to go there, but it is CLOSED on Sundays:(

They are open some Sundays you should contact them directly to find out. I called a US number that was posted by scubagirl on another thread. Sorry I don't have that information right now.

Toll Free Phone:866-918-9932Telephone:1 (242) 363-1003Fax:1 (242) 363-4438Email:info@dolphinencounters.com

Thanks for the info on the number i will try tomorrow...i did email them few weeks bacl but never received a reply--as i had read (probably on here) they were open some sundays...just interested in the Beach Day not the Encounter.

Will DH be able to get a beer at Blue Lagoon? We were there several years ago for the Dolphin Swim, but I don't remember if beer was available. Thanks for any answer:)

We had drinks from the bar - I can only imagine they serve beer (I think my boyfriend may have had one, but now you're making me second guess). I also don't remember the exact prices, but I do remember thinking they weren't so bad. Hope you enjoy your time back there! I'd love to be able to go back again!

Only one day off a cruise ship and trying to decide on which to do. We have heard that the beach at Atlantis is currently not in the greatest shape and we simply want to loll in the water and lie on the beach. However observing some of the attractions at Atlantis would be a plus. Seems that Blue Lagoon provides more for less bucks. Does any expert on this thread have good advice for us. We are not even sure if Atlantis is available to us. Thanks John

Hello, I loved going to Atlantis. The resort is gorgeous and so are the grounds. There are many pools to choose from. Also, there is a large lazy river pool that is so relaxing, just grab a float and enjoy. I was there in last November and the water was cool so I did not go in. The beach was pretty though. I have not been to the Blue Lagoon so I can't comment on that. If you have never been to Atlantis I say you go experience what a beautiful place it is. Have a wonderful time no matter what you decide.:)

We've been to Atlantis - if you were going to do the water rides, it's great. If just for the beach, not so much. That water was rough (and I live close to the jersey shore, so I'm used to waves). I know our NCL offers a beach excursion at BL on a day it is closed to the public - yes, more $ than booking on our own, but I think the only way it can be done on Sundays.

I know our NCL offers a beach excursion at BL on a day it is closed to the public - yes, more $ than booking on our own, but I think the only way it can be done on Sundays.

i dont think our NCL sailing in December does offer the BL excursion cos we would do that over the Atlantis one...i had that booked and canceled after i heard about the beach:(

i know it says there is an exclusive contract w/ disney cruie line and you have to book beach trip to blue lagoon through ship, but you can just book through dolphin excursions and tell them your a guest on the island right? not trying to cheat anyone but just thinking realistically they would never know. yeah, i know if the ship doesnt go there or gets rained out you wouldn't qualify for a refund like on the ship. we are talking about a difference of 69 vs 45 pp for this excursion. anyone done this? no flames please just wondering

• 4 years later...
This thread is 4 years old, i wonder what they ended up doing? and what would you do now? I would do neither. Melia, best beach, calmer waters, and geat pools. Just saying.

I almost replied to this thread with my opinion (and review), until I noticed the date as well. :eek:

We loved Blue Lagoon and had a wonderful day there a few months ago. The water there is calm as well. I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

This time we are giving Melia a try. I'm hoping we like it just as much. :)