Elite status internet benefits?

Poconolady

1. I understand that Elite members get 90 minutes free internet each, and 30% off unlimited packages. Is that correct? Do you get both or is it an either/ or situation?

2. Is the cost of the internet package the same if purchased onboard as when ordered in advance? If ordered in advance how do you get the 30% off credited back? Im asking as I will have OBC once onboard and would like to use that, but if its cheaper to get it beforehand, then I can always find something else to use the OBC for. (None of the OBC is from Celebrity so it wont be credited until once the cruise starts so I cant use the new prepurchase with OBC option)

TIA

Sent from my iPad using Forums

1. I understand that Elite members get 90 minutes free internet each, and 30% off unlimited packages. Is that correct? Do you get both or is it an either/ or situation?

2. Is the cost of the internet package the same if purchased onboard as when ordered in advance? If ordered in advance how do you get the 30% off credited back? Im asking as I will have OBC once onboard and would like to use that, but if its cheaper to get it beforehand, then I can always find something else to use the OBC for. (None of the OBC is from Celebrity so it wont be credited until once the cruise starts so I cant use the new prepurchase with OBC option)

TIA

Sent from my iPad using Forums

#1 -- why would you need the 90 minutes if you purchase the unlimited? What am I missing here? Unlimited would include any and all 90 minute sessions.

#2 -- the internet is discounted ahead of time if your cruise has this offering. You can log in to manage your account and see if it is applicable on your sailing.

Yes you can do both......one would do both dependent on usage. Keep in mind as elite both passengers get 90min @ for a total of 3hrs. At mid cruise the price for unlimited is also reduced plus your 30% discount for elites, we're are always offered the mid cruise discount via flier. Luckily DW and I have never found the need for more than the 3hrs of internet access on any of our cruises, usually 7-11 junkets.

The free 90 minutes and the Elite 30 percent discount is either/or. You get one or the other.

It is cheaper to buy the unlimited internet before the cruise. Call, do not book online, to get the Elite 30 percent discount.

If you use your Elite 90 minutes or any part of them it is my understanding that the discount is gone- either or situation. So if you want the discount either call the Captains Club and purchase ahead of time or don't log-on and go to the ILounge once you are on the ship.

I could be mistaken but I think the prices pre cruise are a tiny bit better.

Basically the 90 free minutes is worthless if that is not enough for you during a cruise.

Since they no longer sell a package of minutes, if you need more than 90 you must purchase (or have as an amenity) the unlimited option which negates the value of any free minutes you could have.

As an above poster indicated there might be a reduced unlimited price mid-cruise (because you would be purchasing it for less days). Then if your 90 minutes can last until the reduced price is available, that might be the best option.

Yes it is a cumulative discount. I am Elite plus and just bought the package and was discounted from $249

-35% Elite Plus

-10% Pre Booking Discount

$142 net cost

I think you have to do with a customer service rep as the discounts don't come up if you try and do it online