50th Birthday while on board!

bert425

So it's my Brother's big 50 during the 11/3 Noordam sailing.

I've already booked all 6 of us into the Pinnacle Grill for that evening. . but is there anything else we should do to celebrate?

I've not done any kind of "milestones" while on a Cruise, so not even sure what the options might be (can we order a cake?).

what would you folks do?

We were on board for my father's 60th. And we told the front desk about it after boarding and he had a cake in the dining room. My mother's birthday was a week later and we a cake for her as well, just by telling the front desk staff. It was easy to arrange, even once we were on board.

We were on board for my father's 60th. And we told the front desk about it after boarding and he had a cake in the dining room. My mother's birthday was a week later and we a cake for her as well, just by telling the front desk staff. It was easy to arrange, even once we were on board.

that's a good idea that I didn't even think of.

as noted, we're in Pinnacle Grill that evening for his Birthday dinner, but I'll be sure to mention it at front desk when we get in.

(and I'm NOT looking for anything free. . just looking for something I can order, so of course, i'll offer to pay for it if they can do something).

You can order a birthday package that has flowers and balloons. the flowers are not real feminine, just nice. Be sure to tell your waiter or the Pinnacle Grill mgr about the birthday and he will get a cake. The cake is free, the birthday package has a nominal charge. Would your brother enjoy a massage?

Edited by lazey1

You could order balloons to be taped on cabin door or brought into his cabin, if you wish.

brought into his cabin might be a good one. . as they will be off the ship during the day for the port stop. . .

hmmmmm. . . .

Bert - If I recall correctly you are in a Neptune Suite? If so, the Neptune Lounge staff can help make anything you want happen. (If not in a Suite, the front desk will help you out.)

Not Nuptune. .but it's an SY room (so that' signature suite, I guess)?

I've seen it listed as a veranda suite as well. . but the actual room number lists it as SY on the deckplans.

(true of all 3 of our rooms)

Recommend you talk with the Pinnacle Grill manager several days before your dinner. Did this when it my husband's birthday and I asked if they could make it very special - nothing more. He did ask what kind of cake my husband liked. We had a beautifully decorated table complete with balloons, one of the waiters brought his guitar and songs were sung beyond the standard MDR 'Happy Life' song - Happy Birthday in Bhasa is really weird but wonderful all the same,. The chocolate cake with raspberry between the 3 layers was amazing (and so much better than the very good standard cake they pull out of the freezer) and was served on a beautiful silver-footed tray, etc. Maybe the manager will do nothing but one never knows.....

Not Nuptune. .but it's an SY room (so that' signature suite, I guess)?

I've seen it listed as a veranda suite as well. . but the actual room number lists it as SY on the deckplans.

(true of all 3 of our rooms)

Thanks for replying. I remembered wrong. At any rate, someone - front desk or Pinnacle Grill Manager will help you along I am sure!

If you decide to order a cake, make sure that you follow up on it. We ordered a cake for my birthday that we were celebrating. Our TA ordered it for us as part of the special celebration. The cake never showed. We were in a Neptune Suite at the time.

If you decide to order a cake, make sure that you follow up on it. We ordered a cake for my birthday that we were celebrating. Our TA ordered it for us as part of the special celebration. The cake never showed. We were in a Neptune Suite at the time.

That has happened several times to us.

For a week the staff in the Pinnacle kept mentioning about DH soon going to have a birthday. The actual day of his birthday -- nothing!! And we had pre-arranged everything.

As others have said, follow up on it with the manager. My travel agent ordered me a sugar free cake and it arrived not sugar free (and the wrong date to confuse matters). I quickly corrected them, and had a wonderful sugar free cake on my birthday.

Tell your brother all your friends on cruise critic said Happy Birthday!

That has happened several times to us.

For a week the staff in the Pinnacle kept mentioning about DH soon going to have a birthday. The actual day of his birthday -- nothing!! And we had pre-arranged everything.

It is extremely disappointing when this happens, as you are waiting for the cake to arrive and it never does. It is obvious that if you make sure to order the cake that it is part of a special celebration and the evening is somewhat diminished when it doesn't arrive.

On our following cruise, it was my DW's birthday. We had learned our lesson though and didn't rely on HAL for anything to celebrate.

Tell your brother all your friends on cruise critic said Happy Birthday!

Will do.

(he keeps asking me why I'm taking lead on everything, when the Cruise is a gift from Dad. . LOL.

Well, I'm a Planner by job description (I schedule new products on a mfg floor), and I work from home a lot, so able to do 'cruise stuff' on my desktop system, while working on my laptop. . and 3, my Parents can't figure ANY of this stuff out (they have to go thru a TA, when I'd rather just take care of it myself!).

:)

Edited by bert425

My husband celebrated his birthday while on our cruise and we ate the Pinnacle that evening to celebrate. Nothing happened and there was no mention of it, so we're guessing they didn't know. We were okay with it though because we were stuffed from dinner anyway :) He did get a little happy birthday note that morning at the cabin though... lol

On the other hand, the staff in the MDR knew we were on our honeymoon and one night brought us out a cake. The only mention of that was on our initial reservation for the cruise booking. So I guess sometimes they know things, sometimes they don't? Definitely follow up on it and let them know.