B2B cruise Questions

BrittersC

Thanks for the info! We will be flying out of Seattle so I guess we can check their duty free and see what we can find, but will likely wait till we land in Orlando!

Just curious how the tendering works, I've heard horro stories about getting on and off of the boats. Is it really challenging? I've heard the tender boat can drop 10 feet with the waves if it's rough out and you have to time everything just right to make it on? I assume if can't be that bad considering how many elderly people there are and those with disabilities that get on the tenders.

Also any word on what's going on in Haiti, have things changed or are they still protesting?

Tenders are no big deal 90% of the time, I would not be concerned about it.

I do not link b2b cruises.

We have never had a problem with tender, ship to boat-boat to ship. There are crew members to help.

Caution, once you do your first back to back you will want to book that way again and again. :D

I always get my vacation time clumped together so doing a b2b was the only way it would work! The cost and time to travel to Port From the west coast it only makes sense for us to do a longer stay! Now I just need to figure out how to pack for 20 nights :eek:

Just a note that linking the cruises together sometimes messes up functionality on Royal's website. We've had problems booking air on linked cruises. We don't link the cruises until after final payment.

This happened to us for our Southampton B2B. It is all good now though.

Turn around is also the best time to snap those pictures of the ship you may not else get. Sadly the B2B lunch is set menu-you don't need to go though if you don't want to.

Have done B2B on Allure and Oasis. Lunch was in Giovanni's and was not a set menu - it was excellent - would highly recommend taking advantage of.

Also note that the fire doors to the cabins will be closed on turnaround day until 1pm. They are not locked, so you can still access your room even though there may be a sign saying that the room isn't available until 1pm. That sign is pertaining to the 99% of other cruisers who aren't already unpacked and in their room.

It's also nice if you can mention to your room steward that you will be a B2B cruiser.... lets him know that he doesn't have to hurry up and redo your room on turnover day.

Perfect thank you! I'm hoping our transition day won't be wasted! What time do the muster drills usually happen and how long do they last? One thing I'm not looking forward to doing twice!

Muster varies by ship and itinerary. They last around 20-30 minutes.

Glad this policy has changed since we took our last B2B on Royal Caribbean!

We were not allowed to go back to our cabin until the next sailing folks were boarding. :(

LuLu

But sometimes they have closed all the doors to the rooms and someone will stop you. if you tell them you are back to back they usually let you through. It's a big job turning the ship over for the next set of passengers and the staff are in the turnover mindset. They aren't expecting BtoB people. We love doing BtoB and they get better with practice!

Perfect thank you! I'm hoping our transition day won't be wasted! What time do the muster drills usually happen and how long do they last? One thing I'm not looking forward to doing twice!

Muster is rough. As a side note, I wouldn't expect to access your cabin in the 20 or so minutes before they open the fire doors. Crowds start gathering and you have to push your way through to the front. Just a headache I try and avoid :o

In May, we have our first B-2-B where we have to change cabins.....adds another layer of stuff to think about

Not that difficult (easier if you are on the same deck as elevators are crowded with people leaving). Recommend talking to both your room stewards so they can coordinate. The stewards will move all the items hanging in your closet. You will have to pack your other stuff. They will also move packed bags. Recommend packing your carryon with any valuables - there are a lot of people in and out of the cabins and keeping with you as you briefly disembark and get new key, etc.. When you get your new set sail pass (room key) you can go to your new cabin, leave the carryon bag, and lock the cabin up and leave.

So how does tipping work if you're doing the b2b. We are going to prepay gratuities but plan on giving our room attendant extra. So do we do this at the end of each leg or at the very end?

Give at end of first leg, then he knows you are willing to tip additional

So how does tipping work if you're doing the b2b. We are going to prepay gratuities but plan on giving our room attendant extra. So do we do this at the end of each leg or at the very end?

I'd give it at the end of each leg, as you don't know if you will have the same stateroom attendant for the second leg. They could be reassigned, or at the end of their contract.