B2B cruise Questions

BrittersC

Our travel agent said that we don't have to disembark between cruises but after reading this thread I called RCI and found out we actually do have to get off the boat and style the bill. Just had a couple of questions, we are on Freedom of the seas.

1. Is this a long process or will we be back on the boat quickly? What have been your experience with this?

2. Do they out a hold on your credit card for incidentals like they do at resorts, if so how much?

3. I assume this means our onboard credit is only good for each segment and can't be combined for the b2b cruise?

I'm hoping this isn't going to be a big deal I wasn't expecting this at all.

In terms of the process, Royal Caribbean does not see your B2B as a two week cruise as you perhaps do, but as two separate one week cruises that happen to run on two consecutive weeks. As a result there are two separate manifests created which require you to disembark, pass through customs, and re-board.

The process is done as a group of all B2B passengers and is done in a very quick and non-disruptive manner in the morning where you all disembark, pass through customs, and re-board together. It is not a big deal at all.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Our travel agent said that we don't have to disembark between cruises but after reading this thread I called RCI and found out we actually do have to get off the boat and style the bill. Just had a couple of questions, we are on Freedom of the seas.

1. Is this a long process or will we be back on the boat quickly? What have been your experience with this?

2. Do they out a hold on your credit card for incidentals like they do at resorts, if so how much?

3. I assume this means our onboard credit is only good for each segment and can't be combined for the b2b cruise?

I'm hoping this isn't going to be a big deal I wasn't expecting this at all.

Each cruise is separate and will be billed separately. OBC cannot be carried over.

We have found the turnaround process to take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour and a half. Depends on the ship and port and customs agents.

Additionally on the second leg, you have immediate access to your new stateroom when you re-board. That was very nice on my one and only B2B. Also, if you drink wine you can bring two bottle per leg.

Yes, you can bring 2 bottles, per cabin, per leg. If they give you any problems, just have paper ready to show you are a B2B passenger.

Thank you for the info, you guys know more than our agent :mad:

So if we have to get off the boat wil we get the reward of being a repeat guest I can't remember if it gold or whatever for the next leg?

So we can bring on 4 bottles of wine then for the cruise?

What is customs and security like prior to boarding, US customs are not the kindest ones we've encountered.

Thanks again!!

... So if we have to get off the boat wil we get the reward of being a repeat guest I can't remember if it gold or whatever for the next leg? ...

See the Loyalty Ambassador on the second leg and they should be able to set up as gold, with the appropriate coupons on your SeaPass card.

.... you have immediate access to your new stateroom when you re-board. .....

Glad this policy has changed since we took our last B2B on Royal Caribbean!

We were not allowed to go back to our cabin until the next sailing folks were boarding. :(

LuLu

So what are the perks for gold members?

I will contact RCI it will be so frustrating if we cannot get back into our room until 1pm because we are staying in the same room. I assume I leave all my belongings in board so we don't need to pack and un pack?

So what are the perks for gold members?

I will contact RCI it will be so frustrating if we cannot get back into our room until 1pm because we are staying in the same room. I assume I leave all my belongings in board so we don't need to pack and un pack?

If you are staying in the same stateroom, you don't have to pack.

If you are changing staterooms, you have to pack everything that is not hanging in the closet. The stateroom attendants will move everything for you.

Perfect thank you! We are staying in the same room, so I hope we can get into our room right away without having to wait!

So for the wine where do I pack it, do I put it in a carry on?

I would put wine in a carry on. Less chance of breakage, and less chance of delay in getting your luggage delivered.

Each cruise is separate and will be billed separately. OBC cannot be carried over.

We have found the turnaround process to take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour and a half. Depends on the ship and port and customs agents.

On the Turn-Around day, you (and all the other B2B'ers) will meet with one of the crew, and they will "Walk You Off". You walk off, go through customs, get a new Sea-Pass Card, and walk back on.

Most of the times we have done B2B, the whole process is about 15 to 20 minutes.

Only on the Oasis, was it a disaster, handled VERY POORLY, and took over an hour.

The CD staff usually have a Special Luncheon in the Dining Room for all the B2B'ers, too.;)

Perfect thank you! We are staying in the same room, so I hope we can get into our room right away without having to wait!

Yes, you CAN go to your cabin after Turn-Around.

On some ships, they give you a little sticker to wear on your Lapel/Collar, and that lets you go to your room.

If you don't get the sticker (or anything), then just tell anyone who tries to stop you that you are B2B, and they will let you through.

You might take the opportunity to take pictures around the ship without any passengers. I enjoyed doing that.

We have had our new cards left in our room the day before the last day, or been instructed to go to guest services for new cards. We have also not always had to get off the ship.

It can change depending on location or any number of reasons. Regardless, it is an easy process.

That night before the end of cruise one when you come back to your cabin and see luggage outside most of the cabins it is really nice to know you do not have to put yours out by your door. :)

Perfect thank you everyone, my travel agent will live to see another day! RCI made it sound like a huge ordeal that could take hours! So fingers crossed it will be a quick and painless process.

Is there a place near the port to purchase wine, or should I get it in the airport when we arrive in Orlando? Not much point buying it here (Canada) and hauling it with us.

Also is the security to get on the boat similar to airport security where you can't wear metal? Just trying to figure out if I need to leave jewelry in the carry on and not wear it.

Perfect thank you everyone, my travel agent will live to see another day! RCI made it sound like a huge ordeal that could take hours! So fingers crossed it will be a quick and painless process.

Is there a place near the port to purchase wine, or should I get it in the airport when we arrive in Orlando? Not much point buying it here (Canada) and hauling it with us.

Also is the security to get on the boat similar to airport security where you can't wear metal? Just trying to figure out if I need to leave jewelry in the carry on and not wear it.

There is an ABC liquor store (carries wine too) at 6020 Atlantic Blvd, about a mile or so from Terminal 1.

Security is very similar to the airport, metal detectors and x-ray machine.

Edited by clarea

on a B2B, should both cruises be linked together?

Just a note that linking the cruises together sometimes messes up functionality on Royal's website. We've had problems booking air on linked cruises. We don't link the cruises until after final payment.

We're from Canada too -- you can also check out the duty free section in the airport once you pass customs. You can take it as a carry-on on the airplane.

Thanks for the info! We will be flying out of Seattle so I guess we can check their duty free and see what we can find, but will likely wait till we land in Orlando!

Just curious how the tendering works, I've heard horro stories about getting on and off of the boats. Is it really challenging? I've heard the tender boat can drop 10 feet with the waves if it's rough out and you have to time everything just right to make it on? I assume if can't be that bad considering how many elderly people there are and those with disabilities that get on the tenders.

Also any word on what's going on in Haiti, have things changed or are they still protesting?