"Verified Account" Cruise Critic cruise line representatives

bob brown

Since booking my first ever Crystal cruise, I have been somewhat active on their CC board, and am very impressed that their CC "social media ambassador", Andy Geller, responds to queries posted on that board fairly quickly....

So my question is....which other cruise line has a CC-verified media rep? I believe I have seen one on NCL, but very rarely...

Well, finding someone as qualified as Andy Gellar is not as easy as it looks. Most of us remember him as our beloved "Host Andy", from the Azamara and Celebrity boards. Some of us have even had the privilege of cruising with him (and his lovely mom). Last year, he had a great opportunity with Crystal -- so glad to hear that he's doing well. We miss him! :halo:

Thanks for those responses.

Given the relationship that Cruise Critic's seems to have with the various cruise lines, often organizing, or at least hosting CC 'Meet and Mingle' events, I would think they would all pay a bit more attention to some of the things, good or bad, said on the various boards, and answer question, and promptly dispel false rumor's.

I am aware that Cruise Critic members constitute but a fraction of all cruise passenger's, but we are avid cruiser's, and I believe we do influence many friends and relatives, when asked for our "expert" advice choosing cruises. So I think they should pay us a bit more attention, and kudo's to the ones that do.....:)

Thanks for those responses.

Given the relationship that Cruise Critic's seems to have with the various cruise lines, often organizing, or at least hosting CC 'Meet and Mingle' events, I would think they would all pay a bit more attention to some of the things, good or bad, said on the various boards, and answer question, and promptly dispel false rumor's.

I am aware that Cruise Critic members constitute but a fraction of all cruise passenger's, but we are avid cruiser's, and I believe we do influence many friends and relatives, when asked for our "expert" advice choosing cruises. So I think they should pay us a bit more attention, and kudo's to the ones that do.....:)

CC is somewhat of a two edged sword. Perhaps not from you or many other posters but, haven't you noticed that there's all sorts of misinformation and inane comments on many of the different CC forums that would waste the precious time of a cruise line employee who is "on the clock?" After all, an "avid"'cruiser doesn't mean an "informed" cruiser.

As someone else on this thread mentioned, if they are to be found at all, specific lines' watchdogs probably only monitor their own CC turf. Even then, if the source of an "issue" post on CC is not already known as a knowledgeable and accurate reporter, a line's monitor would need to see multiple posters validating an issues existence before doing anything to rectify it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Representatives seem to be much more active within the FB groups for each line.

I suppose FB gather's a larger 'catchment' of cruiser's than CC, so that seems logical, but unfortunately, I stay away from FB due to privacy issues I have with them....

CC is somewhat of a two edged sword. Perhaps not from you or many other posters but, haven't you noticed that there's all sorts of misinformation and inane comments on many of the different CC forums that would waste the precious time of a cruise line employee who is "on the clock?" After all, an "avid"'cruiser doesn't mean an "informed" cruiser.

As someone else on this thread mentioned, if they are to be found at all, specific lines' watchdogs probably only monitor their own CC turf. Even then, if the source of an "issue" post on CC is not already known as a knowledgeable and accurate reporter, a line's monitor would need to see multiple posters validating an issues existence before doing anything to rectify it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You make some valid points...

Naturally, the representative would only monitor his or her own lines board and respond therein. And I'm not saying they shouldn't weigh carefully what was said, and the apparent credibility of who said what, but it behooves them to defend their company from unwarranted misinformation.

I think I have read almost a consensus of opinion across most of the cruise line boards, that I have posted on, that it is hard to get reliable communication from cruise line call center's, and having a verified rep respond here on the CC forum would go a long way towards rectifying that...

Well, finding someone as qualified as Andy Gellar is not as easy as it looks. Most of us remember him as our beloved "Host Andy", from the Azamara and Celebrity boards. Some of us have even had the privilege of cruising with him (and his lovely mom). Last year, he had a great opportunity with Crystal -- so glad to hear that he's doing well. We miss him! :halo:

Awwwww.... Thank You wwcruisers for your very nice comments. Yes, I'm totally enjoying my role as Social Media Ambassador for Crystal - though I dearly miss my wonderful friends (yourself included !) on the Celebrity & Azamara forums. I've received countless emails from the regulars on the forum, saying how much I'm missed. I'm grateful that "Host Andy" has not been forgotten.

BTW, thanks to Cruise Critic, I maintain a personal screen name (Andy) that's strictly for my personal use, and will try to visit the forums when time permits.

Wishing you all the very best, I hope we'll meet again on a future Cruise. Please visit us on the Crystal forum !

Since booking my first ever Crystal cruise, I have been somewhat active on their CC board, and am very impressed that their CC "social media ambassador", Andy Geller, responds to queries posted on that board fairly quickly....

Hi Bob Brown,

Thank you for your very kind comments. I appreciate it.

Hey, what do you mean by "fairly" quickly ? Just kidding ! :)

Hi Bob Brown,

Thank you for your very kind comments. I appreciate it.

Hey, what do you mean by "fairly" quickly ? Just kidding ! :)

Hi Andy...

You are most welcome! :)

What i meant by "fairly" quickly is certainly an understatement...sometimes you appear to be in a 'chat room' with board members!;)

Especially in comparison to my experience on the other CC boards I peruse (usually just the ones my upcoming cruises are on).