Everything Labadee Cabanas, including LOTS of pictures!

BugsyCruiser

We have gone to Labadee the past three years and cruises and have always looked forward to our OTW cabana. I could always justify the price of $250 and even 295 earlier this year. At that price point it was always a rush to obtain a cabana as they were in high demand. For the previous price I felt that it was more than worth it. For double that I don't think so especially with the loss of benefits. I for one different care about extra lunch offerings at Barefoot Beach club but what I did like is that there was virtually no line and We could grab food with little wait and get back to the cabana. I do think that we will start to see empty cabanas OR six or more people piled up in one to minimize expenses. I loved the cabanas but what they offer does not warrant my wallet being 500 lighter on an already usually expensive cruise. Guess I will now do what others do and find a palm tree and make a day of it.

• 4 weeks later...

First, let me thank Bugsy4271 for the awesome reviews of the cabanas. As someone who has never been to Labadee, and is only going on my second cruise in February, I cannot thank you enough for the information. Very thorough. I actually read (no lie) all the posts on this string, from start to finish.

Realization: Prices way up, amenities down.

So, I am wondering what major differences there are between a beach bed and an OTW cabana (other than $300). This is my first post to the site, just joined, so if I'm asking this in the wrong place, feel free to educate me.

Can anyone, that has used both recently, tell the specific differences? Other than the obvious: because I don't think 2 padded lounge chairs and 2 bottles of water are worth $300. Even the private water access isn't regulated (from other posts on this string), so non-payers do end up in your very expensive space.

Full-day Beach Bed rental:

two floating beach mats

a cooler stocked with four bottles of water

beach towels

personalized service of a cabana attendant

Cabana Rental:

lounge chairs

ceiling fan

two floating beach mats

beach towels

personal cabana attendant service

private water access

Thanks!

If the kids in our group (ages 5 to 16) want to spend time on the beaches, and at the Water Park, what's the best/closest cabanas to get? Do we want the beachfront ones at Nellie's, or the Palm Cabanas? We don't really care about privacy. Some of us are Suite guests, and some are not.

Can anyone confirm what suite guests are paying for cabanas at Barefoot Beach?

I need to know this too. Will the same price increase be for cabanas at barefoot beach?

Trying again!!! Anyone know the barefoot beach prices???

We're sailing on January 2. A friend who is in a full suite will be emailing the Concierge before that, so I will report back when she gets a price list. :)

Perfect!!! Thank you!

Met you on the Jewel. Hope to be able to see you again!!

If the kids in our group (ages 5 to 16) want to spend time on the beaches, and at the Water Park, what's the best/closest cabanas to get? Do we want the beachfront ones at Nellie's, or the Palm Cabanas? We don't really care about privacy. Some of us are Suite guests, and some are not.

I'm wondering something very similar.

- My son will be almost 9, and will want to be near the beach and water park.

- Grandma won't use the ladder to get into the water.

- All of us want shade, shade, shade...all day long.

- We don't care about the "best view" or it being "private"; more important is easy/close access to the beach and shade

So given this, do we pick OTW or Beach at Nellie's?

Ours had a pretty good view too

DSC_0406_zps2ea0d6b1.jpg

Chris,

In this picture, is the cabana on the left one of the "OTW" cabanas? Maybe it's #10 that you mentioned not to get? I'm asking because I think that cabana would be great for us...so that we could watch our son play on the beach while we are still in the cabana.

It looks like you need to pay for the cabana if you want to reserve it online. Does anyone know what the refund policy is? I hate to make a commitment more than a year out...so much can happen between now and then!

The shore excursions (cabanas) are refundable.

Edited by travelgoddess1

Last week I had to call RCCL regarding my 02/28/16 cruise and I took the opportunity to ask about the cabanas. Wow, as many have posted, those prices are crazy. I had booked a Nellie's Beach beach cabana for a Feb 2013 cruise and paid $200. So to see it now at $395 is crazy. 100% increase in 3 years.

Sure, you can charge anything you want and I'm familiar with supply and demand, but that's just nuts.

On the other hand, I think the Zipline was $90 in 2013 and it's only $99 now, so that's not too bad. That must be well below the CPI! So that offsets the cabanas.

I won't be ordering a cabana for a long long time.

But this way, I can explore the Labadee more, and have maybe 10 more Labadoozies! Those haven't doubled in price, have they?!!

I think RCCL needs to take some tips from Carnival

Last year We had a cabana on half moon cay and Carnival knows exactly what they are doing

Enjoy the ultimate in luxury during your stay on Half Moon Cay with the use of your own private cabana.

Your cabana will be outfitted with a refrigerator, ceiling fan, air conditioner, table and chairs inside, as well as deck chairs and misting shower on the private terrace.

You will be provided snacks and an assortment of soft drinks and bottled water to quench your thirst.

We had chips with salsa and guacamole- veggie platter with dip and a huge fruit platter enough for 6 people for $280.00

I'll sail on carnival again just to get that cabana it was wonderful

I think RCCL needs to take some tips from Carnival

Last year We had a cabana on half moon cay and Carnival knows exactly what they are doing

Enjoy the ultimate in luxury during your stay on Half Moon Cay with the use of your own private cabana.

Your cabana will be outfitted with a refrigerator, ceiling fan, air conditioner, table and chairs inside, as well as deck chairs and misting shower on the private terrace.

You will be provided snacks and an assortment of soft drinks and bottled water to quench your thirst.

We had chips with salsa and guacamole- veggie platter with dip and a huge fruit platter enough for 6 people for $280.00

I'll sail on carnival again just to get that cabana it was wonderful

WOW, I feel like our RCI cabanas are slums compared to your high rent ones on Carnival. And I like the price you paid, much better!:cool:

I just paid $495 for OTW for upcoming jan 2016 cruise. Inflation on that seems a bit insane but this was our splurge based on reviews. Hope it's worth it!

I guess it depends on what you like or not.

Enjoy your cabana!!!

Our family would rather be busy with the jet ski and zip line so you got off easy.

Our Labadee day will be costing us around $600.

Enjoy

Just got back from Oasis Thanksgiving cruise. I can confirm at least for us (Nellie's OTW), we got in the upgraded buffet. The meat option include beef, lamb chop, pork, shrimp, and lobster (limited). Also, we were able to use golf carts both ways.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just got back from Oasis Thanksgiving cruise. I can confirm at least for us (Nellie's OTW), we got in the upgraded buffet. The meat option include beef, lamb chop, pork, shrimp, and lobster (limited). Also, we were able to use golf carts both ways.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you have to ask for it? Also, was your cabana assigned or was it first come once you were on labadee.