Coastal Kitchen Question

We are going on QOTS Dec 12 2014, We are staying in Balcony stateroom not in a Suite and we were able to book for free of charge for Coastal Kitchen no issues.

Coastal Kitchen is designated for suite guests, but they did open it for booking for other guests selected in the trial booking period in April and May. Otherwise, it is not intended to be open for booking for categories below JS.

We are going on QOTS Dec 12 2014, We are staying in Balcony stateroom not in a Suite and we were able to book for free of charge for Coastal Kitchen no issues.

Were you part of the "sample group" that was allowed to book restaurants before it opened to everyone? Several of us that were part of that "pilot" program were allowed to book the Coastal Kitchen but it was my understanding that now only Suite guests can make those reservations...

Thanks, we have a GS on the Oasis. I know they are changing to DD. I was thinking we could save money and get the JS if it is going to get all the suite perks.

The JS will not get you the suite perks, but will give you double points, which are nice and priority boarding. The Suite perks are for categories of GS and above.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=enhanced_program_for_suite_guests

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=320&faqSubjectName=Staterooms&faqId=2675

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

Ok, so nothing else will change. I will stay where I am. I want to see if all the extras are worth the money.

• 1 month later...

As of today Oct 24, 2014, we are diamond plus and in a deluxe bal rm . RCCL states that diamond plus and above will be able to eat at the Coastal Kitchen. The Rccl rep could not book any times due to more computer problems. They suggest doing them on board. But as with all dinner reservations it has been trial and error to get them. So I will give them a chance to make it right on board.

We are in a Grand Suite and our 2 relatives are in a balcony suite. When I set up our dinner reservations, I was told we could have our 2 relatives join us in the Coastal Kitchen and our reservations had to be linked (which they were). We booked our dining way back in April when it first opened. Later, when we went to schedule entertainment, there was a conflict, so I called to change a dinner reservation. I was told my relatives were NO longer allowed to join us in the Coastal Kitchen for any NEW reservations - the one original one was fine and still ok. I was told there was just a short window of time where suite guests were allowed to book CK with a linked suite guest. But now not allowed to do so. Go figure.

I think that you got some bad information. I was at the dining reveal in NYC and that is not what I was told. Also, I am diamond plus and I could not book Coastal Kitchen when I was booked in an outside room. When I moved to suite, then I was able to book it. If they let everyone who is Diamond Plus to book Coastal Kitchen, there would not be any room in the restaurant for suites.

I am on the Nov. 21 sailing so I will report back.

As of today Oct 24, 2014, we are diamond plus and in a deluxe bal rm . RCCL states that diamond plus and above will be able to eat at the Coastal Kitchen. The Rccl rep could not book any times due to more computer problems. They suggest doing them on board. But as with all dinner reservations it has been trial and error to get them. So I will give them a chance to make it right on board.

Congratulations on becoming D+

What you were told is not accurate. C&A level has nothing to do with booking Coastal Kitchen It goes by Cabin Category. From the RCI website:

Dress:SMART CASUAL

Meals Served:Breakfast, Lunch and DINNER

Price:Complimentary for Junior Suite Guests and above

When bookings first opened this past May, D+ were able to book. I do not believe that is the case right now.

I believe that Suite Guests are able to invite friends/family to join them.

Edited by cruisenfever

In my prior post, I meant to say our relatives were in a balcony CABIN, not a suite, and they are confirmed to dine with us for one meal in the Coastal Kitchen. We are in Grand Suite. Sorry for typing error. Had we booked more originally they would have been allowed - however , they cannot join us on any more since that early booking window in April closed.

In my prior post, I meant to say our relatives were in a balcony CABIN, not a suite, and they are confirmed to dine with us for one meal in the Coastal Kitchen. We are in Grand Suite. Sorry for typing error. Had we booked more originally they would have been allowed - however , they cannot join us on any more since that early booking window in April closed.

I remember that "window of opportunity" when they were not specific to who could or could not book. :D I think it was a matter of interpretation on the part of the booking agents.

Edited by cruisenfever

we have been diamond plus for some time. I spent I hour with C and A Rep. who said we could book. But we must do on ship, so we will see. I see now that there is computer problems all weekend and you no longer can choose dining or entertainment as of Oct 25 from your reservation. We only have 6 dinners and all shows. So Dec 1 will be the date we will find out.

I will continue to call C and A rep to get our dinners reserved or must do on board.

I posted this because we have been told so many different things. All i know things will be worked out by then and there will be plenty of food on board and entertainment. The new program of dynamic dining has had many issues, just read on Cruise Critic. So if we do not talk about all the info we have been given, we do not know what others know.

So if we get coastal kitchen, see you there, if not enjoy.

I think that you got some bad information. I was at the dining reveal in NYC and that is not what I was told. Also, I am diamond plus and I could not book Coastal Kitchen when I was booked in an outside room. When I moved to suite, then I was able to book it. If they let everyone who is Diamond Plus to book Coastal Kitchen, there would not be any room in the restaurant for suites.

I am on the Nov. 21 sailing so I will report back.

Please do

we have been diamond plus for some time. I spent I hour with C and A Rep. who said we could book. But we must do on ship, so we will see. I see now that there is computer problems all weekend and you no longer can choose dining or entertainment as of Oct 25 from your reservation. We only have 6 dinners and all shows. So Dec 1 will be the date we will find out.

I will continue to call C and A rep to get our dinners reserved or must do on board.

I posted this because we have been told so many different things. All i know things will be worked out by then and there will be plenty of food on board and entertainment. The new program of dynamic dining has had many issues, just read on Cruise Critic. So if we do not talk about all the info we have been given, we do not know what others know.

So if we get coastal kitchen, see you there, if not enjoy.

Email from C and A today, making our coastal kitchen reservations they lost due to the computer problems. We are diamond plus and not in a JS or above, but per the mail we will get dinner for the cruise and /or breakfast or lunch at coastal kitchen .Yeah. They finally fixed it, we were part of the original group in the first bookings. I feel at rest now.

All have a great trip.

Congratulations on becoming D+

Dress:SMART CASUAL

Meals Served:Breakfast, Lunch and DINNER

Price:Complimentary for Junior Suite Guests and above

QUOTE]

I am in Southampton now and board Quantum on Sunday and was invited to dine in Coastal Kitchen at the time DD bookings opened and look forward to the experience.

When I was on the Oasis TA last month and met the future Coastal Kitchen manager he stated that CK was only for GS and above when it opens on November the 8th on Oasis.

The website has now been updated and is now in agreement with this fact. The upper case text is direct from the website and not me emphasizing this fact.

Dress: SMART CASUAL

Meals Served: Breakfast, Lunch and DINNER

Price: COMPLIMENTARY FOR GRAND SUITE GUESTS AND ABOVE, AND PINNACLE MEMBERS

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/dining/restaurants/coastal-kitchen/

When I was on the Oasis TA last month and met the future Coastal Kitchen manager he stated that CK was only for GS and above when it opens on November the 8th on Oasis.

The website has now been updated and is now in agreement with this fact. The upper case text is direct from the website and not me emphasizing this fact.

Dress: SMART CASUAL

Meals Served: Breakfast, Lunch and DINNER

Price: COMPLIMENTARY FOR GRAND SUITE GUESTS AND ABOVE, AND PINNACLE MEMBERS

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/dining/restaurants/coastal-kitchen/

Wow, that's going to ruffle some feathers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the understanding up until now has been that JS guests on the Quantum Class would have access to Coastal Kitchen. Certainly seems like that is not the case now, I guess besides people who have already reserved.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I was part of the test group and RCCL cancelled all our reservation which originally included this restarant. They just made it right. I will not post again, i am waiting to see what happens after the first sailings. I did not want to ruffle feather Dave 85.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise on this beautiful ship. Bon V.

We are just off the Quantum and enjoyed Coastal Kitchen for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The restaurant manager told us yesterday that they had to modify who was allowed to dine there during our cruise. By the end of the week it was open for all suite guests and only jr suite guests with gold cards (D+ and above). We actually saw them turn away junior suite guests that only had diamond status. I'm not sure if this will change depending on the number of diamond plus/pinnacles onboard. We were allowed to bring two guests with us for each meal, and reservations were required for dinner only. Great venue, outstanding food and service. The captain came in almost every morning we were there and visited every table. Don't miss the salted caramel pudding!

We are just off the Quantum and enjoyed Coastal Kitchen for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The restaurant manager told us yesterday that they had to modify who was allowed to dine there during our cruise. By the end of the week it was open for all suite guests and only jr suite guests with gold cards (D+ and above). We actually saw them turn away junior suite guests that only had diamond status. I'm not sure if this will change depending on the number of diamond plus/pinnacles onboard. We were allowed to bring two guests with us for each meal, and reservations were required for dinner only. Great venue, outstanding food and service. The captain came in almost every morning we were there and visited every table. Don't miss the salted caramel pudding!
We are D+ but our cards are silver unless we were in a GS or above. Did D+s get gold cards on QU?

We are D+ but our cards are silver unless we were in a GS or above. Did D+s get gold cards on QU?

My understanding is that JS guests have a Silver Card no matter if Gold, Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, or D+. Suite and Pinnacle Club guests have a Gold Card. Gold, Platinum, Emerald, Diamond and D+ have a blue card unless sailing in a JS, GS or above.

On Quantum I thought Coastal Kitchen was available to guests in a JS and above regardless of C&A status and all those with a Gold Card.

Are you saying this has changed :confused:

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

I'm not really sure about that. We had gold cards, are D+ but were in a suite. They seemed to be having trouble with card colors during our cruise. I know that early on in the cruise, I heard several pinnacles complaining that their cards were the wrong color.

My understanding is that JS guests have a Silver Card no matter if Gold, Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, or D+. Suite and Pinnacle Club guests have a Gold Card. Gold, Platinum, Emerald, Diamond and D+ have a blue card unless sailing in a JS, GS or above.

On Quantum I thought Coastal Kitchen was available to guests in a JS and above regardless of C&A status and all those with a Gold Card.

Are you saying this has changed :confused:

I'm not sure about the card colors, like I said, they seemed to be having trouble with colors on this cruise. But I do know what the restaurant manager told me. If what he said stands, I guess that would mean pinnacles in a junior suite? and all suite guests. I do have a feeling that it could change by the time they set sail again. Sorry, don't mean to be so confusing.

I'm not sure about the card colors, like I said, they seemed to be having trouble with colors on this cruise. But I do know what the restaurant manager told me. If what he said stands, I guess that would mean pinnacles in a junior suite? and all suite guests. I do have a feeling that it could change by the time they set sail again. Sorry, don't mean to be so confusing.

I think RCI is the one that makes it confusing. Thanks for sharing your experience. :)

I saw the dinner menu online.

How is Coastal Kitchens for breakfast and lunch? What kind of food?

Is Coastal Kitchens noticeable better than other venues by way of food or service or ambience? Thanks

I didnt that that it was any better in food or in service than the regualar restaurants. It was just a much smaller location