UK cruisers will drinks prices increase on cruise planner?

Following the drop in the pound to dollar exchange rates this weekend do you think the drinks prices available through the cruise planner to pre-purchase and quoted in £ will increase or are they locked in?

Following the drop in the pound to dollar exchange rates this weekend do you think the drinks prices available through the cruise planner to pre-purchase and quoted in £ will increase or are they locked in?

Based on what has happened to prices in CDN over the last 2 years prices will rise.

They review them normally every other month to see exchange rate so I'd expect the prices to go up, if you are thinking of buying one I'd buy now!

Mine went up last year when the euro dropped against the dollar book now also ring Royal and use your credit card to buy some on board credit

I'm on Jewel in September and am pretty sure that the prepaid meal prices/package has gone up but doesn't look like the drink package or excursions have yet.

I have just purchased on board credit at rate of 1.42 - the same as my last cruise in Feb. But I know this can change so would also suggest buying sooner rather than later.

By this posters comments it looks like they did last night.

Edited to say he confirmed it all went up but they never said specifically if the drinks did or not. If they haven't yet you can bet they will. I'd be buying them today and asap if I was in the OP position.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2372625

Edited by A&L_Ont

I priced up the packages on Friday immediately after Brexit, and here they are:

Select: £26.87 per day

Premium: £35.82 per day

Ultimate: £39.90 per day

So they have all gone up by approx £2.50 per day.

What I was wondering though, was on our last cruise, there was a Buy One Get One Half Price offer on embarkation day. I'm undecided on whether to buy now in GBP, or wait to see if there are any offers onboard (we embark Indy on Saturday). If we did decide to buy now, can we cancel if there is a better deal onboard?

I priced up the packages on Friday immediately after Brexit, and here they are:

Select: £26.87 per day

Premium: £35.82 per day

Ultimate: £39.90 per day

So they have all gone up by approx £2.50 per day.

I checked last night for navigator on sept and select was over £28 that was after the 20% off so I wonder if they have gone up again since Friday or is that just navigator.

Due to the price increase I decided I would just go with the soda pack and take some wine onboard. It was advertised at £6.26 a day but when I came to pay it worked out at £5.86.

I've copied my post from the other thread....

I bought my internet package on referendum day as I knew they'd increase the prices quickly if 'out' won.

My 2 device surf package has only increased by about £1 a day, so not too bad but I found an old screenshot from April of the premium drinks package ... Over £6 per day increase now! It's now £38.42 compared to Aprils £32.38, both prices have the 20% discount offer.

We already have 'select' included luckily & I may upgrade onboard, those $12+ cocktails will seem costly now otherwise!

This is the price for Independence btw .... [emoji6][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by caroline135

I'm on Jewel in September and am pretty sure that the prepaid meal prices/package has gone up but doesn't look like the drink package or excursions have yet.

I have just purchased on board credit at rate of 1.42 - the same as my last cruise in Feb. But I know this can change so would also suggest buying sooner rather than later.

Hi , how do you buy onboard credit , think I would like to do this if I can . Booked direct with Royal carribean , thanks

Hi , how do you buy onboard credit , think I would like to do this if I can . Booked direct with Royal carribean , thanks

Just phone their reservation number - check their ROE first though. BTW drink package has now gone up by around £20 for nine day cruise and excursions hAve also increased in my cruise planner :mad: