Did you buy the Cheers! Program ??

ttonnka3

Hello

I am going on the 4 day Mexico cruise and thinking about the cheers program

What was the final cost for you ?

Do you have to pay for the 1st day and last days as they are not full days you are not on this ship??

What's the total price with the tip included

Do you still have to pay for taxes on the drinks you get when you buy the cheers program?

Thank you

Hello

Do you have to pay for the 1st day and last days as they are not full days you are not on this ship??

Do you still have to pay for taxes on the drinks you get when you buy the cheers program?

Thank you

The cost is $49.95 per person per day plus 15% gratuity on the base price, or $49.95*1.15*4 days = $229.77 per person in your case.

Each person in the cabin over 21 has to purchase.

You only pay taxes per drink while you're in the home port. You will not have to pay taxes on the cost of the program.

I believe you can buy it on either the 1st or 2nd day, but you have to buy it for the rest of the cruise. The last day when you get off the ship does not count.

Along with the answers people give you here, it probably would be very beneficial for you to do your own research on the Carnival website. It's great to get peoples advice but also smart to get information from the source. Also most things can be found under Carnival FAQ'S. Before my first cruise I spent hours on Carnival's website doing my own research and walked onto the ship feeling like a veteran cruiser. Maybe it could help you since the questions you are asking can be found on the Cheers program web page. Have fun on the Inspiration/Imagination and make sure to check out Hussongs in Ensenada and the taco place right next door.

Edited by bonnie&clydecruzers

Yes you can get it on 3 and 4 day cruises. Plus even though you don't pay for debarkation day you still get free drinks on the West Coast. I have done this many times. It seems funny that the West coast ship have a bar open on the last morning but the East coast ship do not ever seem to sell alcohol only sodas.

Ok so in other words I really pay roughly 49.95 per person per day for 3 days on the four day cruise so for two people it would cost roughly 300 ????? Plus taxes

On the 4 day cruise (Catalina/Ensenada), if you buy it on the day of embarkation, you will pay for 4 days at $50 + tax/pp. You don't get to drink on the first day for free, so I don't get how you expect to only pay for 3 days on a 4 day cruise.

Ok so in other words I really pay roughly 49.95 per person per day for 3 days on the four day cruise so for two people it would cost roughly 300 ????? Plus taxes

No. 4x50x2 is a bit over $400 when you also add the 18% gratuity. They count the day you get on the ship, but not the day you get off. It's easier if you think of it as nights. How many nights are you sleeping on the ship?

. You can get to the port around 11:00 and you will be on the ship generally in Long Beach by about noon.

In addition to the taxes per drink while you are still docked in Long Beach. You will also pay taxes when you are anchored off the coast of Catalina.

Have a great trip!

Yes you can get it on 3 and 4 day cruises. Plus even though you don't pay for debarkation day you still get free drinks on the West Coast. I have done this many times. It seems funny that the West coast ship have a bar open on the last morning but the East coast ship do not ever seem to sell alcohol only sodas.

On one of my cruises (Fort Lauderdale, Freedom, Feb. 2014), a friend of mine had the cheers program. On debarkation morning, we went to breakfast in the main dining room. She asked for a mimosa for herself and her husband and they allowed it.

No. 4x50x2 is a bit over $400 when you also add the 18% gratuity. They count the day you get on the ship, but not the day you get off. It's easier if you think of it as nights. How many nights are you sleeping on the ship?

. You can get to the port around 11:00 and you will be on the ship generally in Long Beach by about noon.

In addition to the taxes per drink while you are still docked in Long Beach. You will also pay taxes when you are anchored off the coast of Catalina.

Have a great trip!

Did they raise the gratuity on Cheers? Last I knew it was 15%

I am having mixed emotions for my upcoming cruise.

I've always purchased it since it's been available. But in Galveston you can't purchase until day 2.

But most importantly, I've cut really far back on my drinking here at home. So I'm not sure I want to interrupt the more healthy lifestyle that I've achieved. I don't "think" I would make it to the 6-7 break even point on a daily basis.

Hello

Thank you

To answer the title of your post - Did you buy the Cheers Program - No I do not. I just can't & don't care to drink the amount that I'd need to drink to make it worthwhile.

We were talking to a couple on our last cruise that said the program was worth it. They made the point that with cheers you know exactly how much to budget for so there are no surprises on the last day. We haven't tried it yet but plan on using it for our next cruise for that reason.

Most people don't need a CHEERS! program to know exactly how much to budget for drinking - they are quite capable of doing it for themselves.

Just got back from a 4-day cruise. There were 3 of us in the cabin and I don't drink. My two gf's wanted to drink so they bought my cheers program. This thoroughly confused the bar staff every time I ordered a virgin drink. :confused:

We were told we had to buy it the 2nd day (so it was good for 2 sea days and a port day). Since the two of them paid for me it came to $258 for each of them including the 15% gratuity. At the end of the cruise, one counted 33 drinks and the other 28. Keep in mind that some of these were angry balls (a shot of fireball and an angry orchard) which counts as two drinks even though you drink them as one.

Overall, they would not purchase it again, especially since they had to buy mine. Next time I will try to get some type of Dr's note since that's one of the exemptions and see if Carnival will accept it. I did enjoy my virgin Kiss on the Lips. :D