Family Verandah Celebrity

DevinMills

My experience has been that you will not be allowed to book with only 2 until 60 days out. If by then it isn't booked, you will be able to book it with only 2. Once you book they will not move you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is no set time for Celebrity to open the FVs to fewer than five (if they do at all). They will do it whenever they feel it's a good business move (presumably when their computers tell them they won't get five in those cabins on that sailing). On a TA last year on the Infinity, the FVs were opened up well before final payment, months before the sail date. If you are interested in one, you need to keep watching.

There is no set time for Celebrity to open the FVs to fewer than five (if they do at all). They will do it whenever they feel it's a good business move (presumably when their computers tell them they won't get five in those cabins on that sailing). On a TA last year on the Infinity, the FVs were opened up well before final payment, months before the sail date. If you are interested in one, you need to keep watching.

Yeah reflection Oct 12 2015 had them opened up last week I snagged 7107 with just two in my party. Less than my concierge class.

Friends recently stayed in a fv forward deck 7, s class. Worked great for two adults with 2 small kids. They did complain about the noise whenever we docked. They would prefer deck 8 for sleeping sake. They also commented what a great value! The cabin is a nice size, bigger than s suites.

Deck 8 also has a much larger balcony if you can get one of those. We stayed in 7108, and yes, the noise at docking is LOUD (even louder than the music by the pool :roll eyes: ) but well worth a few minutes of noise per day for the magnificent cabin. Here's a link to our cabin photos:

Enjoy it!

Cheers

Ando

Has anyone booked a family stateroom (FV) with only two cruisers? Also if you book this for two and a family of five needs it will they move you to another stateroom if you only have two??

As others have said, these cabins are usually offered for larger families or groups of more than 2 when a cruise first goes on sale. But as the cruise gets closer they'll be opened for any passenger that wants to book them if they remain unsold. In the past my DW and I have booked FV cabins on M class ships and I've known solo cruisers who have booked these as well.

I've frequently read a statement here on cruise critic to the effect that they would move you to another cabin if a larger family wants to book it but I have never read of anyone this actually happened to. My own feeling is that once it is offered for sale to any size group it should not be taken away for a party booking afterwards. After all, the larger size group did have priority in booking the cabin had they booked earlier in the process. First come first served in my opinion. Of course a "guarantee" assignment would be a different matter.

I'll also add that while the FV cabins on the M class ships have a definite appeal to them due to their cabin size, aft location and wonderful veranda, the FV cabins on the S class ships do not appeal to me at all. While these cabins might be wonderful for a family due to their size and separate bedrooms, I would not book them just for my wife and I as I find their location and layout unappealing for the two of us.

Edited by Lsimon

As others have said, these cabins are usually offered for larger families or groups of more than 2 when a cruise first goes on sale. But as the cruise gets closer they'll be opened for any passenger that wants to book them if they remain unsold. In the past my DW and I have booked FV cabins on M class ships and I've known solo cruisers who have booked these as well.

I've frequently read a statement here on cruise critic to the effect that they would move you to another cabin if a larger family wants to book it but I have never read of anyone this actually happened to. My own feeling is that once it is offered for sale to any size group it should not be taken away for a party booking afterwards. After all, the larger size group did have priority in booking the cabin had they booked earlier in the process. First come first served in my opinion. Of course a "guarantee" assignment would be a different matter.

I'll also add that while the FV cabins on the M class ships have a definite appeal to them due to their cabin size, aft location and wonderful veranda, the FV cabins on the S class ships do not appeal to me at all. While these cabins might be wonderful for a family due to their size and separate bedrooms, I would not book them just for my wife and I as I find their location and layout unappealing for the two of us.

We have been able to get M class corner FV's several times once as far as five months out. There are just the two of us. Never been bumped out. Once when we had what apparently a very desirable cabin, albeit not an FV, we were contacted and asked if we would surrender it to someone that really wanted that particular one.

Curious...

Wondering if anyone here has ever had the experience where they snagged an Family Veranda (FV) for a two person booking... And then decided to invite someone else along as a 3rd (or even 4th Pax) ?

I think I would be tempted in this situation to call up one of our grown kids and offer them a chance to bunk in (lol quite comfortably vs a Standard Cabin)

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Once when we had what apparently a very desirable cabin, albeit not an FV, we were contacted and asked if we would surrender it to someone that really wanted that particular one.

Wow, that was really putting you in a tough position, assuming that, like many folks, you selected that cabin because you too had wanted it. I hope Celebrity was offering you something nice if you switched....

Curious...

Wondering if anyone here has ever had the experience where they snagged an Family Veranda (FV) for a two person booking... And then decided to invite someone else along as a 3rd (or even 4th Pax) ?

I think I would be tempted in this situation to call up one of our grown kids and offer them a chance to bunk in (lol quite comfortably vs a Standard Cabin)

Cheers!

Remember you would only have one bathroom- tough for more than 2 adults IMO.

I totally agree. And on the M-class ships, there's really no privacy, given the layout, as was discussed to death on a recent thread. (I've never been in an FV on the S-class, so I can't speak to that.)

I totally agree. And on the M-class ships, there's really no privacy, given the layout, as was discussed to death on a recent thread. (I've never been in an FV on the S-class, so I can't speak to that.)

Familiar with the layout. We were in a C1 next door on The Summit last year.

Lol, aware that it would be just one bath... But the bigger bonus here would just be the additional space (standard cabin for 3 Adults is crazy cramped... Tough to imagine that scenario)

As for Privacy... Ya not ideal, but think I could survive if it was one of our kids.

Thanks for your input...

Hoping to hear from others to find out if anyone has invited along someone else if they lucked out and got an FV as a two some (especially last minute)

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Hi Sloop: We lucked out and booked a Reflection FV for the April-May 2015 11-night Mediterranean for just the two of us. It was available earlier this year (to my amazement) at a very reasonable rate and we grabbed it. I was told it would not be taken away from us for a larger party, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that is true. We have invited my sister to come along but it is unclear that she can get away from work. Adding her to the cabin is very reasonable $-wise should she be able to go.

Curious...

Cheers!

Yes! I have done this. Booked an FV on a 14 day Med cruise on Solstice when they opened up 4-5 months before sailing for about $1000. Couldn't imagine what we'd do with all that space; right before sailing, my DD and her new BF decided to come with us, flying all the way from Australia to Barcelona! I think they paid $849/pp as 3rd/4th. Had a great time.

The S class has 2 completely separate bedrooms with doors so very private. Only thing is that the 2nd bedroom is very small and has a set of bunks it - designed more for kids than another 2 adults.

Cheers

Ando

The S class has 2 completely separate bedrooms with doors so very private. Only thing is that the 2nd bedroom is very small and has a set of bunks it - designed more for kids than another 2 adults.

Cheers

Ando

Agree with Ando, 2nd Bedroom is tiny, really only good for kids. Master bedroom however is huge, and the lounge area even huge-rer!!. We loved the living space this cabin provided us as a family of four. We just had to have a bathroom rota but it was fine. For two people only - its a palace!!:D

Agree.......they just don't appeal and the location is less than ideal....