What is going on in FT Lauderdale Nov 4-8 2015?

workingmom200112

Ok so I know it's really early, but I like to have all my travel plans done early. I booked a cruise leaving from Ft lauderdale Nov 7, 2015 so I went to book at hotel for the night before. The last time I was there I stayed a the Best Western Ocean Plus and liked the location so I figured I would book it again. But the rate was over $400 for a night!!!! figured it had to be a mistake so I tried booking from another site! same thing. So I started looking at other hotels and everyone I looked at was blocked out Nov 4-8. Right before and right after those dates are available so it's not that it to early.

So anyone have any suggestions? I like to be by the beach, in walking distance to restaurants and stores. And really want to be close to the beach. I don't want anything over $150-200 a night, and when a room is to cheap I'm afraid to book it.

Looks like they've changed the dates of the Boat Show. It used to be over the last weekend in October but next year it is November 5 - 9.

"Hurricane Sandy might not have stopped the 2012 Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show, but its legacy is having an effect on the show’s scheduling starting in 2015. Show dates will be pushed back a week, starting on the first Thursday in November, in the hope that the delay will help avoid the bad weather the area is sometimes prone to in the fall."

Hotels charge top dollar and they sell out.

Ok so I know it's really early, but I like to have all my travel plans done early. I booked a cruise leaving from Ft lauderdale Nov 7, 2015 so I went to book at hotel for the night before. The last time I was there I stayed a the Best Western Ocean Plus and liked the location so I figured I would book it again. But the rate was over $400 for a night!!!! figured it had to be a mistake so I tried booking from another site! same thing. So I started looking at other hotels and everyone I looked at was blocked out Nov 4-8. Right before and right after those dates are available so it's not that it to early.

So anyone have any suggestions? I like to be by the beach, in walking distance to restaurants and stores. And really want to be close to the beach. I don't want anything over $150-200 a night, and when a room is to cheap I'm afraid to book it.

The annual Fort Lauderdale Boat Show is November 5-9, which draws tens of thousands of visitors to the area, thus the hotel prices are jacked up. You may have to consider staying closer to the airport, but even airport area hotels might be priced high at that time.

Other suggestions about 15-20 minutes north of Port Everglades:

Lauderdale by the Sea ... it's a lovely area, about 20 minutes north of the port, with a large number of beach front hotels, B&Bs, and resorts (some are direct beachfront, some are within a few blocks walking distance), with a lively downtown area of bars, restaurants, shopping, and nightlife.

Il Lugano Hotel: beach is 3 blocks away, and there is a plethora of restaurants and bars.

Ocean Manor or Ocean Sky Hotels: Galt Ocean Drive beachfront hotels with restaurants and bars onsite and some within walking distance.

Pelican Grand or Sun Tower Hotel & Suites: Lauderdale Beach beachfront hotels with restaurants and bars onsite.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by brunello22

Lol thanks Royal. I've booked Springhill, it's not close to the beach but they have beds :D

I stayed at SpringHill Suites last month and it was very good for a one nighter before the cruise. Free airport and cruiseport shuttles, free good breakfast, and nice room. Free wi-fi also.

DaveOKC

I stayed at SpringHill Suites last month and it was very good for a one nighter before the cruise. Free airport and cruiseport shuttles, free good breakfast, and nice room. Free wi-fi also.

DaveOKC

Thanks DaveOKC, do you happen to know how far away the beach is? I promised my son miles and miles and white sand :)

It is the annual Boat Show. I too have been negotiating for group rooms rates. Try the Hyatt Place Dania, which will have airport & cruise port shuttle, breakfast and maybe long term parking.

I hope my group decides on Miami as we do sail from the POM.