Live from Indy, it's ...... Noro!

sr5242

Just off Adventure, we shared the day with Indy on Laderdee we were not

Informed of any problems but got info from some of the passengers. We were later informed that shared equipment would go in for deep

Clean

So what happens when people are quarantined in their rooms? Do they bring them food and slide it under the door :D

The quarantined people can order room service off the MDR menu.

So what happens when people are quarantined in their rooms? Do they bring them food and slide it under the door :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I had Noro on Adventure of the Seas last September. I was allowed to use room service but on day one could only order peppermint tea and dry toast. Day two, was boiled rice, mashed potato peppermint tea and dry toast. Day three same again. I was allowed all the Evian I wanted free of charge and all the in room movies free of charge too. They didn't slide it under the door but wore disposable gloves and did not enter the room. All our trash was bagged and sealed and kept away from the rest of the housekeeping cart. But all in all I felt RCI medical and crew were brilliant at looking after me.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by Alohaaloha

I had Noro on Adventure of the Seas last September. I was allowed to use room service but on day one could only order peppermint tea and dry toast. Day two, was boiled rice, mashed potato peppermint tea and dry toast. Day three same again. I was allowed all the Evian I wanted free of charge and all the in room movies free of charge too. They didn't slide it under the door but wore disposable gloves and did not enter the room. All our trash was bagged and sealed and kept away from the rest of the housekeeping cart. But all in all I felt RCI medical and crew were brilliant at looking after me.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Oh good to hear, Obviously i was joking about sliding it under the door

If the sick passenger is staying in an balcony cabin are they allowed to go outside on the balcony?

I wonder how often pillows blankets, matress covers and duvets are changed out. Are they changed and sent to the laundry on every disembarkation day?

I don't think so. Seen fresh mattress pads on our b2b days but don't know if for every bed.....

I asked for a clean bed throw at the end of their bed. They don't change them every time I was told!! That shouldn't be used for more than one cruise I feel.

(quote=purplethorn;42506476]Oh good to hear, Obviously i was joking about sliding it under the door

If the sick passenger is staying in an balcony cabin are they allowed to go outside on the balcony

i did. No instructions on not to when i was quarantined.

If the sick passenger is staying in an balcony cabin are they allowed to go outside on the balcony?

Absolutely. That is one great reason to book a balcony cabin! ;)

I wonder how often pillows blankets, matress covers and duvets are changed out. Are they changed and sent to the laundry on every disembarkation day?

Mattress covers and duvet covers are normally done every cruise. If there is a spread or duvet protector, those and blankets are dry cleaned every couple of months.

All laundry from quarantined cabins is kept separate and washed in the special medical washing machine where the temperatures are higher, and different laundry products are used.

Kids these days, especially if they've been to daycare, are brainwashed into being clean freaks. My boys wash their hands way more than I did at that age and probably more than I do now (and I'm a doctor.)

In fact I sometimes wish they weren't so compulsive about it.

This. I spent a day a few weeks back, at a Elementary school, and was amazed at how many kids washed their hands, automatically. They have been well trained. Adults are not, most give it the 3 second rinse, thinking that was enough.

Probably not the kids. lol

we saw adults lifting the ladel out of the soup and putting it to their mouths to see if they like it then putting the ladel right back into the soup, adults fingering the bread to get to the slices underneath the ones at the top, this was all at the windjammer,

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

What the heck?! Who would do that?! I would have called them out. That's just totally disgusting!

Yes they are thank goodness. I think I would have gone stir crazy had I not been able to have some sort of fresh air. Of course I was forbidden to enter any public areas even after day three, which I wouldn't have done anyway. And the medical facility rang the cabin several times to check on me and make sure I was still in quarantine! Eventually they gave me the all clear to resume my cruise as normal.

I noticed the pigs eating straight from the trough too, and was happy when RC ended the self-serve and took control of dishing out the food in the Windjammer. What is it with people? Why would anyone think it's okay to dig right in with your hands to shared food trays, especially when they made no secret of the GI illness slowly spreading? I was generally pleased with RC's response to this. I think they handled it well. Just wish people would use their heads and not have it come to this in the first place.

I noticed the pigs eating straight from the trough too, and was happy when RC ended the self-serve and took control of dishing out the food in the Windjammer. What is it with people? Why would anyone think it's okay to dig right in with your hands to shared food trays, especially when they made no secret of the GI illness slowly spreading? I was generally pleased with RC's response to this. I think they handled it well. Just wish people would use their heads and not have it come to this in the first place.

:):) agree.

Was on the Indy 4/12 sailing as well. Out of our group of 10, 2 got the bug. I agree with the measure taken but cannot for the life of me understand the justification of continuing the refillable soda cup program. These cups go unwashed for 8 days and are refilled everywhere however, after one use of a juice or coffee cup we are encourage (rightfully so) not to re-use. Seems like these soda cups cannot be helping the problem.

It was quite amusing to get served my lunch soup by one of the ice skaters!

cannot for the life of me understand the justification of continuing the refillable soda cup program. These cups go unwashed for 8 days and are refilled everywhere however, after one use of a juice or coffee cup we are encourage (rightfully so) not to re-use. Seems like these soda cups cannot be helping the problem.

I have often wondered about this, too!

Can you only use those cups with the Freestyle machines?? Is it still possible to get pop (from your package) from a bartender and not have to use the machine?

Ugh, I fell victim on Day 7 of the 4/12 Indy sailing. Hit me around lunchtime on Labadee. Only once in my life (decades ago) have I ever been so sick! Yes, I was on deck 6. My sister went around and counted the yellow stickers on the door frames and just in our little section of deck 6, there were 15 yellow stickers! I'm not buying the "official" count we kept sort of hearing from the captain. Btw, I was diligent about constantly washing and sanitizing my hands -- to no avail.

FYI, you can NOT order food from MDR when you are quarantined. On day 2 of my hellish illness when I finally forced myself to eat a little something, my husband called room service. They automatically knew I was quarantined and I was given a choice of plain dry toast, jello (had chunks of fruit -- ick!!!), and chicken broth. That was it, folks!

Very fortunate, though, that none of my kids or the 13 family members traveling with me got sick.

Upon debarkation, our cabin steward had the hazmat suit on. He told us that the April 20th sailing guests would have to wait until later afternoon for access to cabins due to the heavy-duty cleaning/fogging that would be taking place.

They had also been fogging the MDR after breakfast services and after the 2nd dinner seatings.

Also, that's correct, no Coke Freestyle machines on Indy.

Edited by staceyj
because

Or have you noticed that the wait staff in the dining room clears the plates and silverware on the tables and other tables and then brings your next course over to you?

Are they going back into the galley with the dirty dishes and then coming out with the new, or just going to a bus station, and then picking up the plates from the large tray to serve? Because they are required to reglove or wash hands before touching clean service after touching dirty service. There is a handwash sink required to be at the dishwash machine where they drop off the dirty dishes. That's a requirement at all times, not just during noro service.

Edited by chengkp75