Cabin for Five?

Looking at booking at cruise with some friends....

They husband and wife and their 3 kids.

first time cruisers.

RCI's website says you can't have more the 4 people in a stateroom which I know is the usual norm in all the normal rooms.

But.... aren't there some family staterooms that accommodate more people??

We're looking on Oasis class and/or Freedom specifically.

Looking at booking at cruise with some friends....

They husband and wife and their 3 kids.

first time cruisers.

RCI's website says you can't have more the 4 people in a stateroom which I know is the usual norm in all the normal rooms.

But.... aren't there some family staterooms that accommodate more people??

We're looking on Oasis class and/or Freedom specifically.

I booked the Foward Facing Family Stateroom for my son,dtr in law and their three children on the Allure for this coming New Years . You can book only by calling. This cabin is suitable for 5 or 6. If you want to pay a little more, you can book the same stateroom with a balcony. It looks really nice and is a good value. It has a small alcove room with bunk beds and lots of storage and in addition to the queen sized bed, a sleeper couch. If you want to pay significantly more, try the Royal suites. The downside is you must book the Family Fowardward facing staterooms well in advance as only a few are on each ship. One year, we also booked Central park view staterooms, connecting for the kids and their parents. It was also a great value.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Cruise a holic

We are a family of 5 and have done the forward facing family oceanview on the Explorer, but I understand it is very similar on the larger ships. I loved it, as it had doors to close off the bunk room and the main bedroom from the primary living area, giving some privacy. We leave tomorrow, staying in the family promenade on the Liberty.

It can also depend what is available on the ship and date to which you are considering. We are a family of 5 and we preferred 2 connecting staterooms when the kids were younger to get the two bathrooms and still have access to them. And in our experience it was usually less money than a suite. But it all depends on availability.