Post Cruise Beachfront Resort in January 2018?

FPJC03

Going on HAL 10-day Southern Caribbean cruise mid January. Looking for a great resort on the beach in FLL. Saw Marriott, Westin and Lago Mar photos, look marvelous. I know that pricing is at least $300+ but it is my wife's birthday at end of the cruise. Want a fun place to stay for 3 days. Considering even Margaritaville Hotel in Hollywood. Any recommendations from veteran Lauderdale vacationers? Will be first time on HAL, after being on Regent 7 Seas for Mediterranean cruise. Thanks for any help.

Frank and Shari from OHIO

=

Going on HAL 10-day Southern Caribbean cruise mid January. Looking for a great resort on the beach in FLL. Saw Marriott, Westin and Lago Mar photos, look marvelous. I know that pricing is at least $300+ but it is my wife's birthday at end of the cruise. Want a fun place to stay for 3 days. Considering even Margaritaville Hotel in Hollywood. Any recommendations from veteran Lauderdale vacationers? Will be first time on HAL, after being on Regent 7 Seas for Mediterranean cruise. Thanks for any help.

Frank and Shari from OHIO

=

We like the Courtyard Marriott, pricing may be higher since it's peak season, great location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Consider Pelican Grand Beach Resort, on the north end of Fort Lauderdale Beach.

A bit further north is Lauderdale by the Sea; it is a fantastic area with restaurants bars, shopping, live music, pier, and beach. There is a plethora of mom and pop beachfront hotels or directly across from the beach. The newest beachfront resort is Plunge Beach Resort; it just opened a few months ago.

Lago Mar is a very nice property. Directly on the beach. But know that it sits off the main road into the popular area for restaurants, stores etc. So you will need to use uber or cab to get around from there. (Or do the 2 mile walk or so). OR you can use it as the full service resort that it is and not leave the property.

We know friends and family that stayed there and they didn't like having the place so isolated, when what they wanted was to see more of FLL on foot. Just depends what one is looking for.

Have a great time.

Will you have a rental car? You might consider the Beachcomber Resort up the road in Pompano Beach. Fabulous property right on the beach, free parking (a big deal - at some hotels they charge $20.00 or more per night!). We have stayed there 3 times now, fantastic!! Pay a little more for an oceanfront room on an upper floor. Pure relaxation. The restaurant for her birthday dinner is amazing. She will love it. :)

We were there this past January and it was very windy, and the ocean was cool for swimming - just a heads up.

https://www.beachcomberresort.com/

I prefer Marriott Harbor Beach Hotel, but, like Lago Mar, it is in its own area and not on A1A. Having a car or using some other form of transportation would probably be the most desirable if one is interested in getting away from the hotel/beachfront atmosphere for awhile.

I also like the Lauderdale-by-the Sea area for dining. I have never stayed at any current property there. (I did many years ago and I cannot even find where I then stayed now.)

Both the Margaritaville Resort and The Diplomat are both great choices in Hollywood.

While I love Pompano, I don't know I'd drive all the way up there.

Marriott Harbor Beach and Lago Mar are excellent choices.

Lastly, The W, Ritz-Carlton, Hilton, Westin, Courtyard Marriott are all excellent choices on A1A on FLL Beach.

Also highly recommend Lauderdale-By-The-Sea. It's such a great walking area that you certainly don't have to stay on the beach.

Will you have a rental car? You might consider the Beachcomber Resort up the road in Pompano Beach. Fabulous property right on the beach, free parking (a big deal - at some hotels they charge $20.00 or more per night!). We have stayed there 3 times now, fantastic!! Pay a little more for an oceanfront room on an upper floor. Pure relaxation. The restaurant for her birthday dinner is amazing. She will love it. :)

We were there this past January and it was very windy, and the ocean was cool for swimming - just a heads up.

https://www.beachcomberresort.com/

This looks like a place we would enjoy. Any idea if a shuttle is available from the cruise port to it? Thanks

Diplomat and Margaritaville in Hollywood are great choices. In Fort Lauderdale, my favorites are Marriott Harbor Beach, Ritz Carlton, and W (the last 2 are across the street from the beach). If you don't mind going a little further north, Boca Beach Club is a great property.

We love using Uber to get around. We use it in Fort Lauderdale if we are going out drinking or if we are going to places that it isn't easy to park.