Pacific Weather

sxphil

If you are sailing west from the coast of CA it can be cooler and a little more bumpy at first. But, if you are coming up from the south of Mexico and going to Hawaii it should be very nice. The closer you get to Hawaii the warmer it gets.

I know you are asking about different months...but we went on the Splendor out of Long Beach for 15 days in the month of January.

The first day or two were a tad chilly. (morning and evening), but everyone was out on the lido deck with a light jacket or sweater. The closer we got to Hawaii, the warmer it became.

I would think September would be lovely. By the way, this was the most relaxing cruise we have ever been on. Love sea days. What ship are you looking at?

Edited by champagne123
xxxxx

I saw a Carnival from Canada > Hawaii and return by plane which made me think about cruising to the Islands

It's going to be cool and choppy going out. We sailed into Seattle last year in May from Hawaii, and it got cold those last few days. So, expect that when you leave, and then it will get calmer and warmer as you go south to Hawaii.

You might want to look at flying down to LAX or Long Beach and leaving from there. Many cruise lines use Long Beach, San Pedro, or San Diego as their Hawaii embarkation port. Nicer weather and seas going out and coming back in.

You might want to look at flying down to LAX or Long Beach and leaving from there. Many cruise lines use Long Beach, San Pedro, or San Diego as their Hawaii embarkation port. Nicer weather and seas going out and coming back in.

Thanks

I would think September would be lovely.

We will be sailing on NCL Pride of America on Oct. 3. Having been watching the weather, and it seems as though the last few weeks have had some tropical activity. I believe Ignacio is the latest threat. Hope things will calm down by the time we leave.

In terms of whether it is rough or not, you never know. Could be very calm, somewhat rough or very rough.

Weather is usually cool the first day to day and one half leaving West Coast and returning to West Coast and it is warmer as you near Hawaii and sail between the Islands.

Keith

We have cruised in September from Vancouver BC to Hawaii several times. The first trip it was pleasant even on the first full day at sea. On the 2nd trip it was a little more chilly starting out but still shorts and sandal weather. :)

Mid to early September the weather tends to be better than it is in April/May so for the eastbound transit from the islands to the mainland it should not be surprising that the weather would be cooler/wetter as you complete the transit.

Hmm, I'll let you know in 3 weeks as we sail from Vancouver RT on the 19th. I'm watching the weather very closely at the moment with the bit of activity from the tropical storms that are happening right now. May be a very interesting ride.

Our last three cruises were the RTs from LA-Hawaii but always in December. The cruises on Princess will have more sea days because it's back and forth, but there's so many fun activities, we were never bored. The weather was a bit different on all three cruises, believe it or not.

I wouldn't mind going on a cruise out of Vancouver one day. Our Alaskan cruise was a RT out of Seattle with a stop in beautiful Victoria.

Have you considered flying to and from Hawaii instead and taking NCL's Pride of America around the islands? You get to visit Hawaii and you get a cruise.

If the OP can wait until March 15, the POA will be returning to Hawaii from dry dock in San Francisco. 11 nights total, 5 sea days over, 5 days in the islands, 4 islands, ending in Honolulu where you can extend your vacation before flying back. It's a great time to be in Hawaii as it is whale season.

This was a late itinerary add on due to a shuffle in dry dock location to the mainland, and the prices are low compared to their normal fare for the inter island 7 day.

If the OP can wait until March 15, the POA will be returning to Hawaii from dry dock in San Francisco. 11 nights total, 5 sea days over, 5 days in the islands, 4 islands, ending in Honolulu where you can extend your vacation before flying back. It's a great time to be in Hawaii as it is whale season.

This was a late itinerary add on due to a shuffle in dry dock location to the mainland, and the prices are low compared to their normal fare for the inter island 7 day.

I would so love to be doing this one! Did I read somewhere that you booked this one? I can't remember....

I would so love to be doing this one! Did I read somewhere that you booked this one? I can't remember....

I did! And after I said I would never consider a trans Pacific! But the price was too good to pass up. A suite for 11 days for roughly the same price as a balcony for 7 days on our last POA inter island cruise in 2014. It's like they are giving me a 4 day cruise for free, and in a suite to boot! The tradeoff is we lose the usual overnight n Maui, but we still have one day there, so I can live with that.

I did! And after I said I would never consider a trans Pacific! But the price was too good to pass up. A suite for 11 days for roughly the same price as a balcony for 7 days on our last POA inter island cruise in 2014. It's like they are giving me a 4 day cruise for free, and in a suite to boot! The tradeoff is we lose the usual overnight n Maui, but we still have one day there, so I can live with that.

That is outstanding! I'm really excited for you! :)