Eastern Caribbean Port changes

kc58ab

Do you know how this sounds? Poor you on a luxury cruise ship, think about it.
Do you actually think others do not think of what the people in ports have to go thru? We may not express ourselves but we do care. We just don't hammer those who comment on our post. If you had a cruise scheduled and it looks like you haven't posted any dates for a while, you may also have the same comment.

Has anyone heard about Puerto Rico? Is it ok? Or has it been destroyed by Maria? Tia

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just messaged firemanbob and they haven’t been out to assess the damage yet. Conditions aren’t conducive to doing so at this time but he will let me know once they are out and about.

Get off your high horse please. Just because you hope that your vacation goes off as you had planned does not make you a bad person. Hurricanes happen, its an inherent risk of living in THE CARRIBEAN! If luxury cruise ships did not exist, do you know what would still exist? Hurricanes.

High horse my butt, he is the one that posted that the western Caribbean was not good enough for him, i am promoting humility. A large percentage of people could never dream about going on a cruise

NCL began sending emails out yesterday about itinerary changes THROUGH MARCH! Wish CCL would do the same.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2545505

Thoughts and prayers out to those in the hurricane's path, and to those involved in the Mexico earthquake.

In CCL's defense, NCL just sent an email saying they were changing itineraries through March but would send out actual changes within the next 2 weeks. Hopefully Carnival will do the same shortly. I imagine it's a logistical nightmare trying to change ports especially since they will be doubly crowded with all the current and potential port closures. I imagine CCL is also waiting to see the damage done by Maria before making any long term changes.

NCL began sending emails out yesterday about itinerary changes THROUGH MARCH! Wish CCL would do the same.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2545505

Thoughts and prayers out to those in the hurricane's path, and to those involved in the Mexico earthquake.

But how can they? The situation is changing day by day. I mean sure, St Maarten has a huge way to go, but Dominica and San Juan were fine two days ago and now they're a mess.

But how can they? The situation is changing day by day. I mean sure, St Maarten has a huge way to go, but Dominica and San Juan were fine two days ago and now they're a mess.

They haven't sent out new "permanent" itineraries - just emails that the itinerary will be changing- mostly stating the Eastern itineraries will probably be changing to Western/Southern at this point. This weather is so screwy, between hurricanes and earthquakes, who knows what may be until the hurricane season ends in November!

With St Kitts, San Juan and Grand Turk up an running, I am guessing the Vista will don't original route planned for Oct 7 . Maybe replace St martin with half moon Cay? I would be fine with that!

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Hi,

Did you happen to see the changed itinerary to Vista Sept 23 cruise?

It's now going to Curacao, La Romana & Aruba- that's prob. the same itinerary we will have too on Oct. 7! Fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi,

Did you happen to see the changed itinerary to Vista Sept 23 cruise?

It's now going to Curacao, La Romana & Aruba- that's prob. the same itinerary we will have too on Oct. 7! Fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm on the Sept 23rd cruise. I wish they could substitute as stop somewhere. Almost five sea days is a lot. I'm not being picky though considering what everyone down there is going through.

St Kitts is doing well. Check twitter for latest info on the various islands. You'll get a solid feel for what's going on for each island.

Eastern Caribbean now has two port issues, San Juan and St Martin. GT should be back online soon per recent reports/news.

Personally, we cruise on Nov 4. We stopped booking excursions as we're unsure where we'll be actually cruising to.

We just hope those affected by these storms can get back to normalcy for their own sake. We'll be fine either way.

St Kitts is doing well. Check twitter for latest info on the various islands. You'll get a solid feel for what's going on for each island.

Eastern Caribbean now has two port issues, San Juan and St Martin. GT should be back online soon per recent reports/news.

Personally, we cruise on Nov 4. We stopped booking excursions as we're unsure where we'll be actually cruising to.

We just hope those affected by these storms can get back to normalcy for their own sake. We'll be fine either way.

Last I checked Dominica, Tortola, St Croix, St Bart's, San Juan were all located in Eastern Caribbean and all closed.

Last I checked Dominica, Tortola, St Croix, St Bart's, San Juan were all located in Eastern Caribbean and all closed.

Carnival doesn't have any stops scheduled in Dominica until January. Tortola isn't until November. None to St. Croix or St. Bart's at all. The poster you were replying to mentioned San Juan. St. Thomas is also closed.

Southern Carib is a solid bet instead of Eastern., IMO.

It's too soon though to try to pre-guess Carnival.

CCL is invested in seeking jpg all the damaged ports reopen as soon as possible. Their business depends on it.

Until changes are announced, these posts are all hypothetical and hearsay.

In CCL's defense, NCL just sent an email saying they were changing itineraries through March but would send out actual changes within the next 2 weeks. Hopefully Carnival will do the same shortly. I imagine it's a logistical nightmare trying to change ports especially since they will be doubly crowded with all the current and potential port closures. I imagine CCL is also waiting to see the damage done by Maria before making any long term changes.

NCL released all new itineraries for Escape through mid December on Friday. They are quickly working on new updated itineraries and releasing them to current bookings as well as updating their web site. They are really taking the lead in the cruise industry on how to response to hurricanes and keeping current and future cruisers updated. Super pleased we chose NCL for our November cruise.:cool: